Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #15
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I know this sounds weird, but I have no lag, when the clutch is depressed, in throttle response. If the car is in neutral coasting, or sitting at a light and the clutch is not engaged is when I have poor throttle response. Clutch engaged in neutral sitting at a light no problem what so ever with throttle response. This may or may not apply to your car as well.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #16
metalhead79
Yep...

Drives: 2019 1SS - sold
Man, that GT350 looks niiiiiiice.
metalhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #17
MATEOLT1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 10-speed
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
The Soler Performance throttle body and controller for the responsiveness.
Ans AWE for the exhaust is another option quit of few of us on here are happy with. Enjoy the new ride
This !!!
MATEOLT1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #18
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I went from a Mustang GT to a Camaro V6 1LT. I love every aspect of the Camaro. The GT only after a few k miles has plastic rattles and squeaks in the interior but the biggest problem was the ticking in the cylinders. It starting as slight ticking, went to knocking and engine rattling at 2K RPM. Dealer acknowledged it but would do nothing about it. How was your GT350- did it tick and knock or was it one of the quiet ones?
Old 01-29-2020, 01:18 PM   #19
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
How was your GT350- did it tick and knock or was it one of the quiet ones?

I didn't know the Voodoo engine ticked. Is this accurate? Admittedly not up to date with my Voodoo knowledge!
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #20
DNSS2

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Thanks everyone for replying. The reason why I did not go with the 1LE is because I did not find one local for a reasonable price. I got a very good deal on mine SS. Plus 1LEs that I saw did not have the options I wanted for my daily driving like heated/cooling seats, Bose sound system, and 2SS interior additions. I will, however, consider getting the 1LE tires and wheels as suggested. I also want to add the 1LE splitter and rocker panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
Nice GT350.

Is your Camaro manual or auto?

Given that you had a GT350, I’m surprised that you didn’t go with a 1LE.

Enjoy your 2SS!
My SS is manual, as were all my other sports cars I owned except for E46 M3 where I made the terrible mistake of getting the SMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Interesting you think it will be a better DD. I'm thinking of trading my mustang gt for an SS or scat pack. The only things on the camaro that have me a little worried is the seat comfort on longer trips and the trunk space. Probably not too big of issues though as I'm currently single and don't take too many long drives.
It's a better daily driver because it's not as expensive which makes me care less where I park it and how many miles I put on it. The interior is a lot quieter and has a better built quality. The sound system is better. It also has better ground clearance and is just more comfortable to drive in stop and go traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
Man that GT350! Love that car. SOOOO good looking. -I understand the debt thing though.
Yeah. I am not regretting it. I just could not justify making $750 monthly car payment anymore. Now I still get to drive a manual V8 sports car but now don't feel like I am stupid for buying it. I never want to finance cars again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead79 View Post
Man, that GT350 looks niiiiiiice.
Thanks. Best car I've had by a long shot. Maybe one day I will get it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I went from a Mustang GT to a Camaro V6 1LT. I love every aspect of the Camaro. The GT only after a few k miles has plastic rattles and squeaks in the interior but the biggest problem was the ticking in the cylinders. It starting as slight ticking, went to knocking and engine rattling at 2K RPM. Dealer acknowledged it but would do nothing about it. How was your GT350- did it tick and knock or was it one of the quiet ones?
Mechanically GT350 was perfect. The interior quality was terrible. Because of the flat plane crankshaft the engine's vibration made the interior rattle to an unbearable level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I didn't know the Voodoo engine ticked. Is this accurate? Admittedly not up to date with my Voodoo knowledge!
No ticking. But they had a big oil consumption problem. Even the manual said to check oil every 3 gas fill ups with aggressive driving. Also a lot of engine failures before 5,000. Mine was perfect though. No oil consumption. Most engine failure were caused by owners not following the proper break in period or not warming up the engine.
DNSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:16 AM   #21
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSS2 View Post
Mechanically GT350 was perfect. The interior quality was terrible. Because of the flat plane crankshaft the engine's vibration made the interior rattle to an unbearable level.
This is why I did not even consider a GT350 when upgrading my last SS. Lots of owners talk about what you are saying that it is not so fun driving it for extended periods. ZL1 1LE owners talk about the ride the same way and wish for the standard ZL1. And as for tracking every SS comes with brake ducts, track level brakes, oil, trans, and diff coolers. With better tires the standard SS is not that much slower on a track than the standard GT350. Drivers race. If track times even matter to you. The SS 1LE is an even better track car, but it is about 75-100 pounds of extra weight you have to carry around when not tracking.

Smart choice OP. But I bet your GT350 held its value better than any Camaro would have.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #22
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I really would have gotten a 1LE if I were making that swap but, I understand if financial woes forced your hand here. I came from a 2018 SS 1LE and I loved every second of my ownership of that car. Often times, however, I don't love the community.

With that being said, I would take a hard look at BMR when the time comes. They can help you to square away the loose suspension of the standard SS. Wheels and tires will help a lot, as it would in any vehicles case but, you're also losing out on the eLSD. Either way, the car is still very capable with a little bit of refinement and attention to detail.

Congrats on the purchase but, that's gotta be a tough pill to swallow. I could never trade the GT350 for a standard Camaro SS.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #23
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
I too went from a Mustang to a Camaro, with a Focus ST in the middle. The Mustang was a 2011 Coyote, I got a screaming deal on it. Wound up with a big ticket getting on it on an on-ramp, and said I want a car that's fun in other ways than flooring it. And that won't be doing triple digits at every whim.

Had the Focus ST for a bit over a year and a half, accomplished what I wanted to with it. Won my class and came second overall at my local club this past season in autocross, and did a couple of HPDEs with it. Decided it was time to go back to RWD, and just picked up a 2017 Camaro 2.0T. I said if it's good enough for Randy Pobst, it's good enough for me. Plus a couple of Chevy guys won CAM at autox Nationals in a 2.0T.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:59 AM   #24
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
I think you brought the wrong Camaro.

You should've moved to the SS 1LE.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #25
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I agree with a lot of people's suggestion of the 1le but obviously the one you wanted wasn't readily available to you. No biggie, while you won't have the eLSD and specific mag ride tuning, with the 1le wheels, tires, and maybe sway bars, it should feel a lot like a 1le as a street car and take the handling back to what you're accustomed to.

The 1le blade spoiler is also nice, but the rockers are zl1 rockers not 1le rockers, tons of aftermarket clone options for those.

I get what you mean about the drivability and willingness to put on miles. My GS was a fantastic daily minus back seats, but there's something about driving the camaro hard, putting on miles without worrying about resale value, and using it liberally that's easier to disgest.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #26
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I really would have gotten a 1LE if I were making that swap but, I understand if financial woes forced your hand here. I came from a 2018 SS 1LE and I loved every second of my ownership of that car. Often times, however, I don't love the community.

With that being said, I would take a hard look at BMR when the time comes. They can help you to square away the loose suspension of the standard SS. Wheels and tires will help a lot, as it would in any vehicles case but, you're also losing out on the eLSD. Either way, the car is still very capable with a little bit of refinement and attention to detail.

Congrats on the purchase but, that's gotta be a tough pill to swallow. I could never trade the GT350 for a standard Camaro SS.
For someone who doesn't love the community you hang around the forum and groups quite a bit.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.

Last edited by RobbyBeefcake87; 02-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #27
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
For someone who doesn't love the community you hang around the forum and groups quite a bit.
Not all of them are toolbags. It's the guys I meet in person that I tend to really not jive with. Online, it's not too bad.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:56 PM   #28
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Interesting you think it will be a better DD. I'm thinking of trading my mustang gt for an SS or scat pack. The only things on the camaro that have me a little worried is the seat comfort on longer trips and the trunk space. Probably not too big of issues though as I'm currently single and don't take too many long drives.
I will say that having taken mine on two 1500-mile road trips, seat comfort isn't an issue. With the first one, I did the full stint in 3 days and was doing a-okay. The only issue were my knees hurting against the knee pads (soft-touch =/= soft) but I was otherwise pretty comfortable.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote