Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #15
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridon View Post
I like the Chevelle stripes the best. They just seem to be better proportioned than the others. The stripes on the gen 4 just make me sad.

Yes, the stripes on that 4th gen. look pretty hideous.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #16
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Here are some Phase III Motion Camaro Stripes that I had installed on a new '73 Z/28 I bought back then.

The stripe parts on the front valance are factory. I added the L88 hood and had my painter add the side and rear changes to the factory stripes to emulate a Baldwin-Motion Phase III Camaro look.
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #17
Michael2000

Drives: .
I wouldn't get too hung up on Mustang vs. Camaro stripes. It sounds like the writer is just making assumptions, since the later generation Camaros also have stripes that go over the roof.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #18
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I wouldn't get too hung up on Mustang vs. Camaro stripes. It sounds like the writer is just making assumptions, since the later generation Camaros also have stripes that go over the roof.

Michael
Really? Factory Stripes? Show me pics, I'd like to see that!!! I don't think factory Camaro Rally Stripes have EVER gone over the roof. But who knows....maybe I'm wrong!?!?
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #19
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Really? Factory Stripes? Show me pics, I'd like to see that!!! I don't think factory Camaro Rally Stripes have EVER gone over the roof. But who knows....maybe I'm wrong!?!?
I dont think the Rally stripes go over the roof, 5gen Camaro also was available with Indy stripes, which go over the roof and down the bumpers.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #20
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Back in post #14 I wrote....

Quote:
Don't the 6th Gen Center Stripes go over the roof? I've seen a couple on dealer lots with these. Just to check, I went to Chevrolet.com and built a 2SS Hyber Blue with black center stripe that went across the roof.
Apparently Center Stripes (not Rally Stripes) do go over the top. You can configure it in the Build & Price
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:37 AM   #21
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Classic "Camaro stripes" are actually more generally speaking Chevrolet stripes, which are a sub-type of a more general industry-wise category called "rally" stripes. As such, they were generally offered on Chevrolet performance cars that came with the RS (rally sport) package. Yes, there are pretty specific criteria:
  • Stripes only run down the front hood and rear decklid, never across the roof
  • There's an outer pinstripe
  • Stripes *usually* terminate just before the edge of the body panel that they extend over.
    • Ie: A couple inches short of the front of the hood or a couple inches short of the back of the rear decklid.
  • Stripe edge that terminates before end of body panel is shaped as a rounded-off rectangle
    • Can be "fully rounded" on both sides of each stripe or just rounded on the outer-facing edge of each stripe.
The 1st gen Camaro was a bit weird in the sense that its stripes were "reversed". That is to say the gap / curve was at the greenhouse instead of at the edges of the front hood / rear deck.

The 6th gen Camaro is the first Camaro to not be offered with classic Chevrolet stripes from the factory, although it still follows the first rule -- stripes do not extend over the roof.

Examples of stripe design:

Other Chevrolet Cars:
(Usually "performance segment" cars that offered an RS / SS package.)

Chevelle:

Nova:

Camaro:

(Note: 1st gen's stripe design is "reversed")

the 5th gen pic is not even close to factory. although these are painted these are the factory design on the 5th gen,
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:11 AM   #22
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
I dont think the Rally stripes go over the roof, 5gen Camaro also was available with Indy stripes, which go over the roof and down the bumpers.
You are correct my friend! I forgot about this one!!! Certainly not traditional rally stripes, but nonetheless, they are twin stripes, factory applied, and over the roof!! You got me on this one!!!
Attached Images

blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #23
Rusty35

Quote:
You are correct my friend! I forgot about this one!!! Certainly not traditional rally stripes, but nonetheless, they are twin stripes, factory applied, and over the roof!! You got me on this one!!!
I have black with silver metallic Indy stripes.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #24
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Were the Indie stripes a factory option for new customers that could be ordered on their own or was it just a limited number of vehicles produced in that livery for the Indie 500? If the latter, it kind of "doesn't count" as breaking the no-roof rule, I guess, even though I know Chevy puts them up for resale later on.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #25
Rusty35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Were the Indie stripes a factory option for new customers that could be ordered on their own or was it just a limited number of vehicles produced in that livery for the Indie 500? If the latter, it kind of "doesn't count" as breaking the no-roof rule, I guess, even though I know Chevy puts them up for resale later on.
You could order them on most any camaro.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2017, 06:32 PM   #26
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
You could order them on most any camaro.
From the factory?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:32 PM   #27
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Is the "official" Indy car - only one's I ever saw were whit convertibles.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #28
Rusty35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
From the factory?
Yes
For 2015, I dont know about prior years.

Last edited by Rusty35; 06-21-2017 at 06:45 PM.