Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #57
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
BTW, awesome album, Pink Floyd is amazing, one of the greatest bands ever, Gilmor still sounds amazing today.
Watched a "Behind the Music" on the making of Dark Side of the Moon a couple years ago. Gilmour was sitting alone with the interviewer in the studio on a stool with his guitar and started playing the solo from "Time".

As he played, they phased in the actual album recording and his playing laid on top of it seamlessly like it was one guitar. The perfection and consistency of his playing is truly amazing.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #58
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Watched a "Behind the Music" on the making of Dark Side of the Moon a couple years ago. Gilmour was sitting alone with the interviewer in the studio on a stool with his guitar and started playing the solo from "Time".

As he played, they phased in the actual album recording and his playing laid on top of it seamlessly like it was one guitar. The perfection and consistency of his playing is truly amazing.
He really is an amazing artist, too bad today there is no band like Floyd or a musician like Gilmor.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #59
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
From personal experience, I feel like using a USB with high quality .mp3s gives you the same quality (or better, honestly) as a CD. I haven't tried using bluetooth in a while, as every time I have, the quality seems to be worse than a CD / USB. I would try a USB with mp3s @ 320 and see if you like that better than over bluetooth. Not sure if the head unit in the camaro will be able to play FLAC but you could use those if it does (not that I've ever heard any noticeable difference between FLAC and mp3s @ 320).

Not to mention, you could easily (well, initially it would take some time) load all 400+ of your CDs onto a USB, either thumb drive or external hard drive, and have all of your music with you. Let's be real, you won't be driving around with 400 CDs in your car
I was about to say the same thing. So what if there's no CD player to play your hundreds of CDs, just use AUX or USB, it may not be quite as high quality from a "technical" standpoint as CDs, but you have to listen so closely to hear that difference that you probably aren't even focused on driving.
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #60
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
He really is an amazing artist, too bad today there is no band like Floyd or a musician like Gilmor.
I had much older siblings so I was exposed to all the Pink Floyd albums as they were being released. I acually remember the first time I heard Dark Side of the Moon in 1973. It was transformational.

If you're not familiar, Tool's 2007 release 10,000 Days is like heavy metal Pink Floyd. To appreciate you need to play it beginning to end. Like Floyd. I'm dying for thier overdue next release

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #61
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I had much older siblings so I was exposed to all the Pink Floyd albums as they were being released. I acually remember the first time I heard Dark Side of the Moon in 1973. It was transformational.

If you're not familiar, Tool's 2007 release 10,000 Days is like heavy metal Pink Floyd. To appreciate you need to play it beginning to end. Like Floyd. I'm dying for thier overdue next release
Not a big Tool fan, they are OK. I do like Staind's cover of Sober though, Aaron Lewis is an amazing artist!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #62
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Does the my link USB works on Samsung phones too or I will have to use bluetooth on this one too.
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:46 AM   #63
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Not a big Tool fan, they are OK. I do like Staind's cover of Sober though, Aaron Lewis is an amazing artist!
Certainly not for everyone. Give "wings part 2" at listen from 5:00 to 8:00. No connection to Floyd's Aminals
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_2T43dy_Ew

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #64
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
It does not.

Laborsmith
I'm glad you answered the call from 1990 about their CD player
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote