Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #113
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
I really like it. Alpha should right-size/weight the car. But Camaro still needs to retain that in-your-face look that is so indicative of a pony car, as does your rendering. GM needs to be careful not to go too far off the range in design. Most (myself included) felt the 4th gen design was too polarizing, and Camaro sales plummeted. While I really liked the 3rd gen cars (bought a Z28 in the mid-80's), the 4th gens didn't do it for me, and GM lost a customer.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #114
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE

If this is what the 2015 is going to look like, sign me up! This is exactly what I imagined. Smaller, lighter, sleeker...

EDIT: I've noticed a few people here seem to think this is for sure what it will look like. This is just a rendering and not from GM. Don't get too excited haha.

Attachment 388452

Attachment 388453

Attachment 388454
I like it a lot.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #115
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
6th gen goes like this........smaller car, less dramatic design potential.......very limited sculpting with a short and/or sawed off body......wont be a musclecar, but a sportscar.......want a real machine, grab something now...........6cyls sound like a bag of hammers.........
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #116
djxrated81

Drives: 2011 camaro SS/RS
Sign me up!!! so far so good i like the direction they are going with it
2011 2SS/RS Airaid cai, ARH HF cats X pipe, SLP LM1, 160stat,RX Catch can, Tuned @ Tune Time Performance, side marker black outs, decepticon bowtie emblems, stealth turn sig. bulbs,Hyper White DTRL Painted GFX, Havoc Spoiler
[IMG][SIGPIC]
djxrated81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #117
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
I love it! Although for safety reasons a B-Pillar would have to be put in which tends to make those quarter windows useless.

I would snatch that up in a heart beat if that was what the 6th Gen looked like.
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #118
ALBOE

Drives: Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Rx-8 ?

ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #119
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdesign View Post
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all the comments on my rendering.
Thanks for Posting.

Your talent is amazing... I think you nailed it for a 6th Gen...
Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #120
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I think it looks amazing. Most of the negative comments probably are coming from guys who like the plain look and drive stock Camaros. This design would definitely draw in a younger crowd, which is a good thing.
I dont drive a Camaro (yet), but when I do I plan on modding it. I do like the look of an unmodified 5th Gen Camaro (I wouldn't call it plain), but there are a ton of aftermarket products that definitely greatly enhance the look of the car. I didn't like this design for the most part. I'll admit, it has some nice touches. I liked the RS style LED headlights, the heat extractors on the hood and the tail lights. But they were just touches, not enough to sell me on the design as a whole. I'm not saying its not a nice-looking car, I'm just saying it doesn't scream next-gen Camaro to me. Its seems like a 5th Gen that some kid got his hands on and slapped a big Jap body kit on it. I'll agree with Ben, the current front grill is rancid. I do not, however, share his opinion on the current headlights. 'm not saying that GM should leave the car as is, ofcourse new innovations in design and technology are what drive the business. And ofcourse lighter and SLIGHTLY smaller are good things, but I just hope they dont make the mistake of turning the Camaro into a sport compact car. The last thing I want to see is a Civic pull up next to a Camaro thinking he can take it on and have a snowball's chance. And please, for the love of God, stop talking about the next Camaro having a little 4 banger with the bigger engine option being a TTV6. Dont let GM think that WE think that's a good idea. If that happens, I'm totally switching sides to the Mustang camp... until they do it too. Then I guess I'll just kill myself... What's a muscle car without a V8??

Anyway Ben, nice concept with some cool touches, but not my cup of tea. Just looks too much like an import racer to me.

Still, if you dropped one in my driveway, I wouldn't be offended!

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #121
tstanfa

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/IOM w/orange int.
[QUOTE=JusticePete;5164996]FYI, Mustang sales have been floundering since the last warm over of the same car.

I wouldn't say that Mustang sales are floundering, but Ford is probably making a ton of money on each one as the tooling costs have been paid off for a long time what with how long it's been on the market. I'm pretty sure the Mustang outsold the Camaro last month.

Competition is good for the breed, it will be interesting to see what happens with the new Mustang, the new Camaro and the new Barracuda (Challenger replacement).
tstanfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #122
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Hdesign....glad to see you here!

As I said before..I really love this. There are a few small changes I'd probably throw in, but that isn't a knock against your design in any way. I agree, that if GM does want to go evolutionary, that this is a great step right here.

But it seems every new gen Camaro has been more revolutionary than just an evolution of the previous car, so the 6th gen may end up nothing like this because really it just just look like an even sportier 5th gen. We will see!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #123
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Cool rendering
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #124
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Cool rendering
+1. Please do more renders and post them here.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #125
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
This still looks like a 5th gen Camaro to me. Anyone remember this change?

Was gen 4, then the styling changed dramatically. Was still gen 4.
Attached Images

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #126
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all the comments on my rendering. I've been having a great time reading through them, especially the negative ones. LOL

If there's one thing I've learned about design it's that if there's no negative comments I haven't worked hard enough on it because it's too vanilla and too safe. There's never been a car, a toaster, or a supermodel that didn't get polarizing comments. I've failed if everyone's comments are lukewarm positive ones.

This rendering is completely independent of GM. I'm a freelance custom car designer and a 70 Camaro owner. Camaro Performers magazine asks me to submit renderings of interesting Camaro designs for their monthly "Camaro Concepts" feature. I guess I was just sick of sitting on the sidelines and decided to make my modest plea of what I'd like in my driveway. Some say it's too ricer, some say it's too close to the 5th gen, some see Mustang. I'll give you a little insight as to what I was thinking anyway...many of you might disagree.

I'll have to say that I used this forum as a major source of direction for what my plans were. I researched the hell out of what GM Brass was leaking in interviews, what industry speculators were saying and what all of us Camaro fans and enthusiasts were saying on the forums with anonymity.

A lot of the inspiration was based the what I've been doing to my 5th gen client's cars. The elements that I kept doing over and over for them ended up on this car.

I really like the 5th generation car and it seems a lot of people do as well, judging by sales compared to the Mustang and Challenger. But every time I see one parked next to a 1st gen it just looks so slab-sided and bloated with some areas that are unnecessarily blocky and unrefined. Styling trends are already moving away from this raw, edgy stuff and I'm pretty confident that literal translations of retro stuff has run it's course.

However, Chevy has already said that they don't want to ruin what they have accomplished but there are improvements that can be made, especially the size and weight. They specifically used the word "evolutionary" not "revolutionary" when it comes to styling the new Camaro. With a lighter car that may end up having a little 4 banger, now the car is potentially affordable to a younger enthusiast crowd as well. That may help them to gain long term brand loyalty from NEW customers that have historically bypassed other boring econobox GM cars.

So in my design, basically, I shrunk it down to ATS platform size; retained the general look of the iconic muscle car greenhouse; bulged out the fenders (not quite a wide-body); added more sculpting and creases along the side to make it appear more slender; made the quarter gills functional brake cooling ports; softened up the chiseled rear and integrated some modern LED halo tail lights into a single unit (that could be swapped out for something retro by the aftermarket); sculpted blinkers into the side mirror to thin them out a little; ditched the lame mail slot, uninspired lower valence and fisher price grill and headlights for a much more aggressive and modern front fascia with larger intakes. I also added my interpretation of what a functional "ice cube" tray heat-extractor hood would be. And there's no way I wasn't going to let this leave my drawing board without some LED headlights for an RS look. The technology is already there and this is the direction the industry is headed, why not capitalize on it on an iconic light configuration that would be a perfect application?

I tried to wear as many hats as I could and think about this design from various angles. I looked at how the exotics refresh their cars generation to generation. Each generation of Porsche is a fresh evolution of it's predecessor, you can easily see the similarities but you still know it's different and NEW!

My one regret was not having enough time to submit this design with a wheel from my new forged wheel line. I'm ashamed to say that I photoshopped wheels from the Tru 140S, but they seemed to work well with the design....I think.

Thanks for all the comments (good and bad)!
Ben

Welcome to Camaro5!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 camaro news, 2015 camaro rumors, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro news, 2016 camaro rumors, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation