Pagani
Mclaren P1
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #44
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I thought the loaded out version of the Zr1 was $129k. Even with all the carbon goodies. Or it was $139k. Either way, huge steal honestly at that price point.
I agree with you performance wise, it could be a real steal. We'll have to wait until the different car reviews run their tests to see how much of a bargain as I do have traction concerns with 750hp on tap in a fairly light weight car, but we'll see how the onboard computers perform their magic.

I am not sure if the options list is out yet, but since there are supposedly two different wings(?), so the base ZR1 might have the little one and the Big one might be optional, Carbon fiber roof? (I think standard on the C6 ZR1?) I see a painted roof on display models. Nav, not sure what other options are there. Still along way from $160K....and definitely not close to $200K

For that $120...130...140K...I'd rather have a new ZL1 and a Grandsport...or a ZL1, a TRD Pro 4Runner and a new Ducati....or a new ZL1 and a downpayment on another house...lol
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #45
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
I agree with you performance wise, it could be a real steal. We'll have to wait until the different car reviews run their tests to see how much of a bargain as I do have traction concerns with 750hp on tap in a fairly light weight car, but we'll see how the onboard computers perform their magic.

I am not sure if the options list is out yet, but since there are supposedly two different wings(?), so the base ZR1 might have the little one and the Big one might be optional, Carbon fiber roof? (I think standard on the C6 ZR1?) I see a painted roof on display models. Nav, not sure what other options are there. Still along way from $160K....and definitely not close to $200K

For that $120...130...140K...I'd rather have a new ZL1 and a Grandsport...or a ZL1, a TRD Pro 4Runner and a new Ducati....or a new ZL1 and a downpayment on another house...lol
Well, my '16 Z06 put down 768 to the wheels. I had zero traction issues. If anything, it had better tracking than my Zl1. My Zl1 is getting a bit squirly right now and I'm at 707 at the wheels. Not squirly enough to scare me or kick on the nannies, but it's not a Vette. Of course, I took the cups off and put on MPSS's. I think the zr1 will have zero handling issues and traction issues. It's gonna be a beast. I have no doubts about that.

haha, i'm with ya on your options at that price. But, unfortunately for me, I buy usually 1 or 2 new cars a year and lose my ass on all of them so. But, I don't care. I enjoy them while I have them and move on to my next toy.

I think I've lost in the past 3 years, over $100k in cars alone. Eh, price you pay to play at that level of the game I suppose. There are def smarter choices out there. Again, I don't care. If I want more money, I just go out and make more $.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #46
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
One angle that hasn't been mentioned is the resale. I got a GT3 to drive, but in the process got a car that I used for seven years for almost no cost. It sold for not much less than I paid for it new. Even though you would spend more for the lambo, I suspect it has a much better chance of holding its value. Actually, for the money, I might spend a bit more and TRY to get a GT2 or a GT3 RS. You would probably make money in the resale, but have fun while you had it. Some of these cars just depreciate differently than Chevy products.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #47
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
One angle that hasn't been mentioned is the resale. I got a GT3 to drive, but in the process got a car that I used for seven years for almost no cost. It sold for not much less than I paid for it new. Even though you would spend more for the lambo, I suspect it has a much better chance of holding its value. Actually, for the money, I might spend a bit more and TRY to get a GT2 or a GT3 RS. You would probably make money in the resale, but have fun while you had it. Some of these cars just depreciate differently than Chevy products.
True. Very few cars will hold value and you'll make money on so. Porsche is one of them. I've lost on my last 4 cars. 2015 GTR. $35k. 2018 Maserati GT. $12k. 2016 Z06. $40k. 2014 Zl1. $8k.

I actually did good on my '18 Zl1 as I got a deal on it, but I'm going to have $20k in mods, so again. haha. I'll prob lose $35k on this one once it's all said and done. Good times. Good times.