Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
PatCam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Pushbutton start and stop system

Pushbutton start system and related issues that have been on this forum. I wrote to GM about a month ago when I read about all the issues that people are having with the electronics on their Camaros. Here is the reply I received:
Mr. Mills Thank you for your patience while we researched your inquiry. We have had the opportunity to review with our internal resources. We can advise that there has not been any design changes with regards to the pushbutton keyless system. We can advise that there are no known issues documented at this time. We understand that people have posted complaints online, however that is something anyone can do. Should any recalls or updates come out, owners would be notified. We appreciate your courtesy in taking the time to contact us. The cumulative reactions of our customers play an important role in the future development of our product. Thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Company. Crystal H. Customer Care Ambassador www.gm.ca If you wish to reply to this email, please click here: https://contactus.gm.ca/req_reply.as...69617&lang=ENU

I find it unbelievable that GM has not taken steps to correct the problems which were outlined on this forum.
Pat Mills (Mr.)
PatCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
What exactly on the push button system Is the problem? Mine has been completely trouble free with no changes from the way it works, versus BMW or the other cars that I’ve been in, I’m going on 12,000 miles and two years.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
No issues here either...this is my 4th GM vehicle with push button start/passive keyless access, never had any issues what so ever.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:28 PM   #4
Saybo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
What is this thread?
Saybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
huh, what start/stop issues ???
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Maybe OP is talking about this??????

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465525

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440878
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #7
heydudebro

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE Nightfall Grey
Yup pushbutton starter has its issues.

Yes this has happened to me just as recent as last friday 12/09/17. Go to start car and nothing, I get asked to place keys in the cup holder area and still no luck. I have video of the same issue but from back in March, I uploaded a video on my youtube site at

https://youtu.be/0r1haatFOFw

The next time i get this error ill be sure to post a better video.

The first time this happened to me, I used the remote to open the door, place my backpack in the trunk and then when i went to start the car, nothing except the message "NO REMOTE KEY WAS DETECTED PLACE KEY IN TRANSMITTER POCKET THEN START YOUR VEHICLE", I locked the car with the door lock key manually as the remote wasn't working. Next I walked over to walmart, bought a 2 pack of cr2032 batteries and as I was walking towards my car, I pressed my remote with the old batteries and voila the remotes worked.

It comes and goes but probably will break down and go to dealer to diagnose. This is starting to get annoying like the vent on the dashboard fogging up the window.

Last edited by heydudebro; 12-11-2017 at 11:25 PM.
heydudebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #8
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I think for the most part this affects a small number of people and is easily fixed. If you're having an issue I'm sure a trip to the dealer would suffice.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote