Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #351
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Whatever fungi you're licking, you got a bad batch - you're talking some especially weird nonsense there.
Yes, because taking the Z06 from a light weight, fixed roof, n/a, manual only coupe to a very heavy, over temp prone car with no fixed roof, convertible and optional auto car is definitely not moving towards a GT over a track car.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:26 PM   #352
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yes, because taking the Z06 from a light weight, fixed roof, n/a, manual only coupe to a very heavy, over temp prone car with no fixed roof, convertible and optional auto car is definitely not moving towards a GT over a track car.
I never understood why GM went that direction with the 7th Gen. Too many FI engines if you ask me.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:39 PM   #353
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I never understood why GM went that direction with the 7th Gen. Too many FI engines if you ask me.
I agree.

I could only imagine what the Z06 and Grand Sport would have been had Al O been in charge.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #354
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I agree.

I could only imagine what the Z06 and Grand Sport would have been had Al O been in charge.
When they never replaced the LS7 with something similar, I lost interest.

Ignoring the valve issues, it was/is such a great engine.

Then Ford came out with the Voodoo, and all we got from Chevy was basically an updated LS3 and LSA.

BORING!
Old 12-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #355
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
When they never replaced the LS7 with something similar, I lost interest.

Ignoring the valve issues, it was/is such a great engine.

Then Ford came out with the Voodoo, and all we got from Chevy was basically an updated LS3 and LSA.

BORING!
If you follow the rumors they basically tried to make an updated LS7, but it wouldn't pass cold start emissions so they went FI
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #356
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I believe they pretty much had to go FI in order to meet emissions and fuel standards. It was too expensive to move over to DOHC, and if they wanted to keep cheaper OHVs, they had to add FI in order to meet power-goals; they couldn't make the engines bigger, so they had to stay around where they did - less than 400-ci. I don't think they have gotten their money's worth out of the Gen V quite yet, since we see the LT2 in the C8, I think we still have another round of Gen V/VI OHV V8s to go. I believe we'll start to see DOHCs coming in (starting with the C8, in a year or so), and start seeing a transition from OHV to DOHCs, permanently, starting with this generation of LT-stuff. It seems pretty simple to me.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #357
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
If you follow the rumors they basically tried to make an updated LS7, but it wouldn't pass cold start emissions so they went FI
Who knows. I'm thinking it had more to do with them not getting enough power to overcome the massive weight increase. That pushed them to FI and even more weight.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:11 PM   #358
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Who knows. I'm thinking it had more to do with them not getting enough power to overcome the massive weight increase. That pushed them to FI and even more weight.
The increase in weight on the C7 Z06 was in part due to the use of extra coolers and a blower but not the chassis. Cold start emissions is what was said to be the culprit in the demise of a NA LS7 successor.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #359
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
I say, take a ZL1, swap the LT4 for a LT1 with the C8 LT2 upgrades, offer 10L90 or TR6060, back seat delete, re-tuned eLSD, FEA suspension (inc. rear cradle solid bushings), ZL1 1LE wheel/tire package and keep creature comforts near a 1SS 1LE = Z/28

That car slots right between a SS 1LE and ZL1, offers things significant enough for it to be different/people to go after, but also doesn't off so much new content that it doesn't have a business case. It let's Camaro end on a nice, nostalgic note, too [as things likely transition to a new-age of electric].

1. GM could piggy-back validation of the LT1/LT2 mash-up with some sort of performance truck.
2. The 10L90 and TR6060 supporting software and hardware are basically already in the ZL1 and SS (10L80). Some COPY+PASTE and minor validation (again, which can be relayed to some performance truck).
3. Back seat delete hearkens back to the 5th Gen Z/28 and reduces weight (along with the LT4 delete).
4. eLSD derived off the ZL1 1LE.
5. FEA suspension, bushings and links are derived from the ZL1 1LE (revised springs+damping).
6. ZL1 1LE wheels and tires directly off the ZL1 1LE.

ZL1 front end everyone likes(/aero performance)+SS weight+new LT2 power+DSSV for track rats/tuners+good-looking track wheels/tires+magical eLSD+auto and manual options+Z/28 name ($$)
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #360
Craig

Drives: '01 Z28
I was just thinking the other week that a ZLE with an LT2 variant and additional weight reduction would make a GREAT Z28 and GM could do it for peanuts. They do realize they’ll need to spend a few dollars on some improvements at some point if they expect to sell this car another 3-4 years....I hope
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #361
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I say, take a ZL1, swap the LT4 for a LT1 with the C8 LT2 upgrades, offer 10L90 or TR6060, back seat delete, re-tuned eLSD, FEA suspension (inc. rear cradle solid bushings), ZL1 1LE wheel/tire package and keep creature comforts near a 1SS 1LE = Z/28

That car slots right between a SS 1LE and ZL1, offers things significant enough for it to be different/people to go after, but also doesn't off so much new content that it doesn't have a business case. It let's Camaro end on a nice, nostalgic note, too [as things likely transition to a new-age of electric].

1. GM could piggy-back validation of the LT1/LT2 mash-up with some sort of performance truck.
2. The 10L90 and TR6060 supporting software and hardware are basically already in the ZL1 and SS (10L80). Some COPY+PASTE and minor validation (again, which can be relayed to some performance truck).
3. Back seat delete hearkens back to the 5th Gen Z/28 and reduces weight (along with the LT4 delete).
4. eLSD derived off the ZL1 1LE.
5. FEA suspension, bushings and links are derived from the ZL1 1LE (revised springs+damping).
6. ZL1 1LE wheels and tires directly off the ZL1 1LE.

ZL1 front end everyone likes(/aero performance)+SS weight+new LT2 power+DSSV for track rats/tuners+good-looking track wheels/tires+magical eLSD+auto and manual options+Z/28 name ($$)
I like everything you said except the auto part. Keep it manmission only.... but I suppose if they want it to sell better it'll include an auto.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote