Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2024, 11:54 PM   #127
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I have been following this thread. It is a great product.

Thank you sir! Shall I put you down for one on the next batch?
Perhaps PM me your address, and Ill get a shipping quote?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:00 AM   #128
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
If I had a ZL1 I'd definitely be getting one of these, why GM didn't do this in the first place is a complete mystery...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:50 AM   #129
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
If I had a ZL1 I'd definitely be getting one of these, why GM didn't do this in the first place is a complete mystery...
Just look at the price that must be charged for this thing (of beauty). Even though GM has volume leverage, this design is much more complicated than stock, there is no way they would spend this kind of money on a crash bar component.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:36 AM   #130
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
This thing is beautiful... as someone who is currently in the market for a ZL1, I'll have to save up some pennies for this!

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:04 AM   #131
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
Very excited to get mine on along with the upgraded HX. I’ll document everything I can associated with this installation and feedback on the product itself, but so far the customer service from Gabe has been phenomenal. I can tell he’s very excited and proud of what he’s built for us. Looking at installing this in a few weeks (shooting for the 19th/20th)! Hopefully we see some other chime in before then!
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:50 AM   #132
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub4185 View Post
Very excited to get mine on along with the upgraded HX. I’ll document everything I can associated with this installation and feedback on the product itself, but so far the customer service from Gabe has been phenomenal. I can tell he’s very excited and proud of what he’s built for us. Looking at installing this in a few weeks (shooting for the 19th/20th)! Hopefully we see some other chime in before then!

Thank you for the kind words... Very happy you decided to upgrade the HX at the same time, that seems like a no brainer, you will not be disappointed Looking forward to seeing your install write up / photos and reaction to the final product and aesthetics.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
Old 03-11-2024, 02:55 PM   #133
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Thank you sir! Shall I put you down for one on the next batch?
Perhaps PM me your address, and Ill get a shipping quote?
If I was of the age that I use to be, with the will power to pull my front end off just because, I would in a heartbeat. My car is a 6 month a year car that has the capability of being bagged on with zero cooling issues in my climate. Plus, you’d have to go back to the drawing board and engineer me a forward facing parking camera mount.
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:18 PM   #134
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Hey team... I think I am leaning towords making GMS a real business, so i can offer these on a larger scale with more options at a sharper price. A few questions if I may...

1. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional upgraded center HX with custom GMS logo?
2. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional oil cooler?
3. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional FI Interchiller or Interchiller mounting provisions?
4. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered in multiple colors?
5. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional 2 gallon fender tank?

Any other thoughts that might make this concept more appealing?
Old 03-20-2024, 09:15 PM   #135
ZLElvira
Waiting 4 A Point By!

Drives: 2020 ZLE, C8 Z06-Z07 2LT Carbon
Cool Ladies & Gentlemen... the Dream Team is IN Da House!

If you have not seen this amazing front end support outside of SoCal's updates... here is the video of my unboxing mine!! If you have not yet subscribed to my YouTube Channel, do so as I am about to build the most advanced cooling systems for the ZL1/1LE platform that simply said, will beyotch'slap any supercharger HX currently on the market!!

If you have not subscribed yet... go for it!

Old 03-21-2024, 06:28 AM   #136
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Hey team... I think I am leaning towords making GMS a real business, so i can offer these on a larger scale with more options at a sharper price. A few questions if I may...

1. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional upgraded center HX with custom GMS logo?
2. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional oil cooler?
3. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional FI Interchiller or Interchiller mounting provisions?
4. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered in multiple colors?
5. Would this item be more appealing if it was offered with an optional 2 gallon fender tank?

Any other thoughts that might make this concept more appealing?
I think maybe adding the braces that go up to core support by hood latch might be a good add. I almost wonder if GM did the brace for latch area support at high speeds. The optional coolers and tank attachment would be a custom add and would appeal to guys looking to do things more outside the box. Love what you have created.
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:41 PM   #137
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
My comments are as follows:

- add provisions for HX protection. I’ve seen a lot of nice products recently from the radiator grill store, etc that use a hex-style pattern powder coated in black. Not cheesy like chicken wire. If you want to try to package this with a larger HX and open the front up, I want my $700 HX slightly shielded from rocks and debris. With the crash bar gone, we have opened up the front end to a lot more road projectiles. Tucked back, it wouldn’t be very noticeable.

- black METRIC hardware is a must for the shields. It drives me insane that I’m about to put SAE fasteners on a car where everything else is metric. Come on Gabe!

- I disagree from a structural standpoint that the black braces are providing ANY integrity to the hood latch area. The front structure is beefy and I don’t see how it would lift. The race cars don’t run with the bar of bracing either. HOWEVER, a lot of us run that Velossa Tech big mouth intake duct that ties to right side angled brace. I’ll have to fab a bracket to make it work.

- if you are going to provide a HX, I’d love to see one WITHOUT branding and an option for it to be had in black. I’ve gotta strip that stupid “D” off of the front of my unit before it goes on there. Gabe, you are a cool dude, but I don’t want “GMS” in big effing letters inside the grill.

- paint is of no consequence since none of this is really seen. Subtle is better (for me).

- I’d be open to an oil cooler option but only if it was temp controlled and was a full replacement package for the factory “oil cooler”. I deleted that on my 5th gen with an improved racing package and it made a HUGE difference in temps.
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 PM   #138
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub4185 View Post
My comments are as follows:

1. add provisions for HX protection. I’ve seen a lot of nice products recently from the radiator grill store, etc that use a hex-style pattern powder coated in black. Not cheesy like chicken wire. If you want to try to package this with a larger HX and open the front up, I want my $700 HX slightly shielded from rocks and debris. With the crash bar gone, we have opened up the front end to a lot more road projectiles. Tucked back, it wouldn’t be very noticeable.

2. black METRIC hardware is a must for the shields. It drives me insane that I’m about to put SAE fasteners on a car where everything else is metric. Come on Gabe!

3. I disagree from a structural standpoint that the black braces are providing ANY integrity to the hood latch area. The front structure is beefy and I don’t see how it would lift. The race cars don’t run with the bar of bracing either. HOWEVER, a lot of us run that Velossa Tech big mouth intake duct that ties to right side angled brace. I’ll have to fab a bracket to make it work.

4. if you are going to provide a HX, I’d love to see one WITHOUT branding and an option for it to be had in black. I’ve gotta strip that stupid “D” off of the front of my unit before it goes on there. Gabe, you are a cool dude, but I don’t want “GMS” in big effing letters inside the grill.

5. paint is of no consequence since none of this is really seen. Subtle is better (for me).

6. I’d be open to an oil cooler option but only if it was temp controlled and was a full replacement package for the factory “oil cooler”. I deleted that on my 5th gen with an improved racing package and it made a HUGE difference in temps.

Hey Alex, thanks for the detailed thoughts! Feedback below

1. Great idea... that would be an easy option to offer. If you come across the screen again, please send it my way please.

2. Hmmm Black option it is! and your right about about metric... not sure what I was thinking there :(

3. Ill have to look into that scoop attachment. I am not familiar with it.

4. Sorry, no can do... GMS is going to take OVER THE WORLD!!! Just kidding, i agree, a no-logo option is best!

5. Ditto

6. I have some work to do here... lots of options to work through. I just figured having the optional brackets handy would be valuable. I am expecting out friend Dave to come up with a killer system! Stay tuned!
Old 03-21-2024, 10:12 PM   #139
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLElvira View Post
If you have not seen this amazing front end support outside of SoCal's updates... here is the video of my unboxing mine!! If you have not yet subscribed to my YouTube Channel, do so as I am about to build the most advanced cooling systems for the ZL1/1LE platform that simply said, will beyotch'slap any supercharger HX currently on the market!!

If you have not subscribed yet... go for it!

DAMN!!! Great work on this DAVE... I think you did a better job selling this design than I have HAHAHA... Super excited to see your OIL COOLER design and install video... !!!!
Old 03-28-2024, 01:31 AM   #140
Matt4821

Drives: 2024 ZL1 sharkskin grey
Any word on when the next group might start production? I have amassed all my “front bumper off” parts except for this one( carbon fiber splitter/carbon fiber lower grill/wiring harness/upper grill… ) now I am just waiting for this part to begin - so as to only remove the bumper the one time.
Matt4821 is offline   Reply With Quote