Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2023, 03:07 PM   #211
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
Unfortunate but not completely unexpected. That this is not the end of Camaro, as stated in the release, makes me think the name shows up on an SUV which would be sad. EV muscle cars aren't appealing to me but if GM sells out the Camaro name like Ford did with the Mustang it would be a huge disappointment.

But Ford is still making an ICE Mustang, so who cares?
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:07 PM   #212
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
5th gen should have been the end. It’s the last time GM actually tried with the Camaro.
That’s a bit harsh as the Alpha architecture was a big try.

But as I’ve retold what I was told, GM never did a traditional clinic on the Gen6. They just asked a small group of known enthusiasts what they wanted in the Gen6 and the answer was more Gen5.

Traditionally you would ask everyone including your potential conquest customers what they wanted. GM asked a captive audience. Kind of like going into the pizza business and then asking the pepperoni pizza club and asking “how do you like your pizza”. Ummmmmm with more pepperoni!

It was too focused and lacked the broad appeal of the Mustang (who also NEVER advertised) and the Challenger, both of which are still limited appeal as the coupe market is all but dead.

So yes, GM did this to themselves. They created the best Camaro ever at the expense of growth in the segment.
Old 03-23-2023, 03:26 PM   #213
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou 1le View Post
Not like your getting one anyway.
I hope the best for him that he one day gets his car. I know he has been waiting for years to get his stuff sorted out.....

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:59 PM   #214
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i don't know what 'broad appeal' the mustang has that the camaro doesn't . i was standing next to one at a car show a couple weeks ago and the front seats were right against the backseats just like the camaro. the mustang has a loyal audience that doesn't shift brand . this segment does nothing but shrink.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:06 PM   #215

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
A broad appeal focus group for the 6th Gen would have turned the Camaro into another gutless CUV or SUV for the sake of "growth in the segment". Thank God the narrow group asked for more 5thGen instead of less. That gave us a lot more years of something special in Camaro.

Regardless, being ICE it is headed for the re-cycle bin of history. What focus group suggested the end of ICE for the new Camaro or turning it into an EV CUV Camaro? My guess is none. gm would have done that anyhow.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:39 PM   #216
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
5th gen should have been the end. It’s the last time GM actually tried with the Camaro.
That's not a true at all. The 6th gen absolutely shits all over the 5th gens on track. What you just said is a slap to the face of the folks that worked their ass off on the 6th to make it a great car.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:40 PM   #217
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with

Strange irony when the first nail in the coffin for the modern Camaro was during the return of the 5th gen.
It's got a good beat, and you can dance to it Dick. lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:41 PM   #218
BusDriver20

Drives: ‘16 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It's a standard ZLE wing.
Well that’s awesome, and sucks because that seems to be the thing holding up it current ZLE’s.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:49 PM   #219
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusDriver20 View Post
Well that’s awesome, and sucks because that seems to be the thing holding up it current ZLE’s.
This might be why they're limiting ZLEs so much right now. Saving parts for the CE and final year.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:57 PM   #220
BusDriver20

Drives: ‘16 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
This might be why they're limiting ZLEs so much right now. Saving parts for the CE and final year.
Well I have orders in at 7 dealerships for the better part of the last year for a ZLE. I’d love to see my order picked up this year. I would think it would be easy enough after all the hassles this last year to spec a different spoiler/supplier for the 24’s but what do I know. I’ll keep crossing my fingers for that order too if the ‘23 doesn’t pan out.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:57 PM   #221
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
That’s a bit harsh as the Alpha architecture was a big try.

But as I’ve retold what I was told, GM never did a traditional clinic on the Gen6. They just asked a small group of known enthusiasts what they wanted in the Gen6 and the answer was more Gen5.

Traditionally you would ask everyone including your potential conquest customers what they wanted. GM asked a captive audience. Kind of like going into the pizza business and then asking the pepperoni pizza club and asking “how do you like your pizza”. Ummmmmm with more pepperoni!

It was too focused and lacked the broad appeal of the Mustang (who also NEVER advertised) and the Challenger, both of which are still limited appeal as the coupe market is all but dead.

So yes, GM did this to themselves. They created the best Camaro ever at the expense of growth in the segment.
The Alpha is the part they did right and it was a Cadillac platform. When your competition is pushing 800 horsepower, flat plane cranks and DTCs, you have to bother updating your car but I feel like the 6th gen was dead the minute it was launched. It feels like the ZLE came out forever ago and that was just a package on the ZL1. It wasn’t even a separate trim level. Ford and Dodge both invested in their cars. GM seemed to have zero interest in the success of Camaro.
Old 03-23-2023, 05:06 PM   #222
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
That's not a true at all. The 6th gen absolutely shits all over the 5th gens on track. What you just said is a slap to the face of the folks that worked their ass off on the 6th to make it a great car.
Old 03-23-2023, 05:24 PM   #223
rst08tierney
Account Suspended

Drives: '23 2SS Rapid Blue
Quote:
fail
rst08tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:32 PM   #224
Raisin Man

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Don’t worry! There’s plenty of Toyota, Hyundai & Kia appliances out there for purchase…
Raisin Man is offline   Reply With Quote