Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-21-2020, 12:56 PM   #29
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
For the average consumer the Camaro is a nice looking car but is pretty impractical. Getting in and out of the car without dragging your feet across the bottom of the door sill is a cumbersome task. Maybe for some it's not a big deal but for others the marks left on the sill are like warts on a nose. Visibility is a major factor for the average car buyer so that kills the Camaro. There are a number of reasons the car is rather sparse in numbers out on the road. We are living in the era of forced electric vehicle and it is going to be a game changer. Some will appreciate it and others will hate it but here we are. Times and cars have changed. The world is an unfriendly place to live if one cannot roll with the changes.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #30
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Just using Cargurus for a Nationwide search. There are 7500 brand new Mustangs for sale nationwide, and roughly 2900 brand new Camaros for sale nationwide.

Brand new Challenger shows 6K nationwide available. Chargers are another 9K brand new ones for sale right now.

It's hard to outsell the competition when they produce way more cars. They also have been more aggressive on incentives.

I personally don't think GM has really been trying to outsell the competition the last few years they seem to prefer having less inventory, fewer models/trim, and higher prices.

It probably makes sense vs producing a ton of inventory and then trying to use deeper incentives to sell them. GM has done a lot of this in the past and it has not really been successful.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Most people dont want cars these days, and the ones that do are looking for economy and practicality. Also, with all the crap going on, many people aren't buying single purpose expensive toys. Plus GM quality has been sliding across the board. Look for the Camaro to go bye bye except maybe in the high dollar versions if the Vette keeps climbing. I honestly believe that GM has bigger issues than worrying about the Camaro being here. Outside of this forum, almost no one is talking about them. I honestly havent been here for a long time. Came back today to see what has been up in the Camaro world with all this stuff going on. I'm see not much. Looks to me it's about game over.
Get out of the GM world for awhile if you want to see some exciting stuff going on in the car world. The new Vette is the only thing even remotely interesting at GM right now. They ruined their trucks in styling and quality both. I believe its pretty much a borefest across the line right now. Its a real shame. It's so bad that my father-in-law traded his new Camaro on a new Wrangler. Wow! Guess we'll see. I hate to see it go again, but GM is tanking in so many way as I see it. I'll be amazed if its here in five years.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:22 PM   #32
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Currently, prices are so high with the Camaro in the used market and there’s so few new cars on dealer lots + near zero incentives, it’s the only time I’ve come to the conclusion of building the exact car I wanted making the most sense.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #33
Thill444

Man I can’t imagine going from a Camaro to a Wrangler. And I own both a Camaro and a 19 JL Wrangler! You are going from one of the best handling vehicles out there to one of the worst. But if you like off-roading and rock climbing the Wrangler is a blast. But I hate driving the thing most of the time on normal roads.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Man I can’t imagine going from a Camaro to a Wrangler. And I own both a Camaro and a 19 JL Wrangler! You are going from one of the best handling vehicles out there to one of the worst. But if you like off-roading and rock climbing the Wrangler is a blast. But I hate driving the thing most of the time on normal roads.
Have to agree. That's why I said it. He had such high hopes for the Camaro. Ordered exactly the way he wanted. Ended up hating it. He does get much more use out of the Wrangler though.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #35
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Just tonight, i chose to take my Camaro for an hour of errands in Rockville, MD vs the rental Tahoe we have as my wifes Traverse is in the shop. Yeah i know the Tahoe is huge, but from the Camaro reviews i read before i got the Camaro, i thought the outward visibility and usability was like a LeMans prototype.

I really think the lack of usability in the Camaro is a little overdone. Because of these reviews i flat out dismissed the car. I probably postpone buying a Camaro a year or two.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #36
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Have to agree. That's why I said it. He had such high hopes for the Camaro. Ordered exactly the way he wanted. Ended up hating it. He does get much more use out of the Wrangler though.
My wife and kids love the Wrangler. She put 10K miles on it in 8 months with Covid. I will say taking the roof off and doors is a blast. You can’t do that with a Camaro but I have been driving sports cars daily for over 30 years so I think it’s just in my DNA. I love driving my SS1LE for even quick errands.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #37
suckamc

Drives: ford
Quote:
Just using Cargurus for a Nationwide search. There are 7500 brand new Mustangs for sale nationwide, and roughly 2900 brand new Camaros for sale nationwide.

Brand new Challenger shows 6K nationwide available. Chargers are another 9K brand new ones for sale right now.

It's hard to outsell the competition when they produce way more cars. They also have been more aggressive on incentives.

I personally don't think GM has really been trying to outsell the competition the last few years they seem to prefer having less inventory, fewer models/trim, and higher prices.

It probably makes sense vs producing a ton of inventory and then trying to use deeper incentives to sell them. GM has done a lot of this in the past and it has not really been successful.
Dealers need to discount their Camaro's more as well. It's almost comical having a dealer say $1000 off is max we can do plus $1500 rebate on a $37k vehicle. And that's it for discounts. Meanwhile Ford dealers were blowing out Mustangs left and right early in the Covid outbreak March/April. Even on 2020 models. Now their dealer discounts have lessened since everything was out of whack inventory wise, but are now rising again. Yet the Camaro's have stayed the same in my search. Very frustrating as a buyer.

I'd prefer a Camaro over a Mustang, but it's not worth $4k or more OTD even on the base model. Not even close.

Bigger rebates and bigger discounts. If Ford can do it, hell if Dodge can do it then so can Chevy.
suckamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #38
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
Currently, prices are so high with the Camaro in the used market and there’s so few new cars on dealer lots + near zero incentives, it’s the only time I’ve come to the conclusion of building the exact car I wanted making the most sense.
That's exactly what happened to me! I even made some reasonable offers on used Camaros across the country, lined up transport, etc. But nobody wanted to budge and the prices were close enough to brand new that I YOLOd it.
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #39
RickErnst
Rick's6inNJ

Drives: 2017 Vert 2LT RS V6
Quote:
My wife and kids love the Wrangler. She put 10K miles on it in 8 months with Covid. I will say taking the roof off and doors is a blast. You can’t do that with a Camaro but I have been driving sports cars daily for over 30 years so I think it’s just in my DNA. I love driving my SS1LE for even quick errands.
You should have gotten a convertible!
RickErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Just tonight, i chose to take my Camaro for an hour of errands in Rockville, MD vs the rental Tahoe we have as my wifes Traverse is in the shop. Yeah i know the Tahoe is huge, but from the Camaro reviews i read before i got the Camaro, i thought the outward visibility and usability was like a LeMans prototype.

I really think the lack of usability in the Camaro is a little overdone. Because of these reviews i flat out dismissed the car. I probably postpone buying a Camaro a year or two.
And that right there is another major problem. whether the visibility is as bad as some make it out to be or not there is a perception that is out there. that perception has been there since the 5th gen, every review mentions it. If someone goes into a 10 minute test drive with that preconceived notion, they are going to believe it. I know that's not something that can be fixed in gen 6, but it is something to consider.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #41
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Many reasons:
  • The exterior design was the only thing that drew people to the car, and they kinda messed that up for themselves after 2019.
  • The pandemic.
  • Poor discounts and marketing skills.
  • Competitors just seem more practical, or the better option.

If Chevy actually put more effort, and was smart about the Camaro sales, it would be doing a lot better. However, everyone is staring at C8s, Chevy SUVs, and Trucks now. No one is going to look at a go-fast car in the pandemic, unless they want a Mustang or Challenger.

They pretty much gave up after 2019, when they started dropping weird special edition packages. No one really wants them, and those are the only cars that sit on the lots. Which is why they got rid of Shock and Steel Edition cars, and went with the Wild Cherry package, which I also think will fail.

If they can't step up their game by the time the 55th anniversary comes around, then they are done.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #42
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sorry...just jumping in here to say...

455HP too little for the SS? Are you crazy? 455HP in a car you can buy brand spanking new for low 30s. I get that you are used to levels of power that most people never experience, but come on now. 500HP is simply NOT USEABLE on the street. On the track...well heck yes bring it on! I absolutely love my 2016 SS, but holy crap every drive it's an exercise in restraint to keep myself from winding er out...hitting "go to jail" speeds only takes a couple of seconds.

The Mustang is approaching 500HP, and assuming the next generation of pony cars (if we even get a Camaro) have another small jump in performance, we'll be looking at the average pony car that can do 0 - 50 in 3.5 seconds and the 1/4 mile in under 12 seconds.

That's plenty of power. The Camaro's shortcomings are not it's performance...that's for sure.
I use 1k+ hp on the street just fine and always looking for more so sorry but 455 is boring the civic type r has over 300 and is not far off pace of the ss and to me thats a shame come on GM. My 2000 camaro ss convertible was faster than a 2020 camaro with only a rear gear swap and drag radials and that car was not anything special
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote