Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #57
Roadhause

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Sh*ts getting REAL on C5

As someone who doesn't know EVERYTHING possible about cars (and doesn't really care to), I feel for OP. Its obvious they know something is wrong and it needs to be looked at... chill out.

Some people might not have your expansive knowledge on the inner workings of an automobile, but I, for example, can sure as hell design an artificially intelligent algorithm that will beat your ass at simple logic based tasks and make you look like an idiot so I don't have to

Remember there is a good chance that the people you pick on online might have spent their time studying medicine or working with children rather than building cars (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Welcome to C5, OP. I thought we were better than this. Hope you're problem is resolved soon!
Roadhause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #58
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomaro3.4 View Post
It's a forum for automotive enthusiasts,

I thought it was for people who owned a camaro?

to the OP, don't feel bad. I'm a guy, (40yrs old) and I know next to nothing about the mechanical workings of my car, and really have little interest in knowing. my interests are in technology, and really have no desire to "get my hands dirty". I pay others to do that for me.

Just ignore the assholes here, every board has them. but as others have said, there's a lot of useful information here, and a lot of helpful people. you just have to know which ones to listen to and which ones to ignore. just avoid the snobs who look down their noses at everyone that doesn't know as much as them about cars.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #59
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I thought it was for people who owned a camaro?

to the OP, don't feel bad. I'm a guy, (40yrs old) and I know next to nothing about the mechanical workings of my car, and really have little interest in knowing. my interests are in technology, and really have no desire to "get my hands dirty". I pay others to do that for me.

Just ignore the assholes here, every board has them. but as others have said, there's a lot of useful information here, and a lot of helpful people. you just have to know which ones to listen to and which ones to ignore. just avoid the snobs who look down their noses at everyone that doesn't know as much as them about cars.

So you're not enthusiastic about your car? I meant that (if you'll read the post I quoted) I would assume most users on this board and other forums as well, do a lot of reading about the car they own, otherwise what is the point of joining? I'm not suggesting in anyway that the vast majority of users are ASE certified mechanics, but if I were just a Camaro owner, and not a Camaro enthusiast, I know I wouldn't spend much time on this particular forum.
slomaro3.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #60
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
This thread is why I hate people.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #61
slomaro3.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
This thread is why I hate people.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #62
Goober
Account Suspended

No but I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #63
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I agree with the sentiment that many of you are being dicks for no reason. Big men, the lot of you. Bunch of cowards is what you really are, flaming someone b/c you happen to know more about cars than the person who came here seeking a little help.

Congratulations, go back to playing Call of Duty in your parents basements.

I didn't read that the op was wondering why the steering went out, rather asking if anyone knew of a reason for that to occur, or had any knowledge of a known issue that would cause the car to stall. The replies about "not being able to drive" were particularly uncalled for, freakin jerks.

IBTL.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #64
slomaro3.4

At this point I'm assuming the OP has taken her car to the dealer and she will no longer be asking for advice on Camaro5, with regards to everyone complaining about how all the other people are acting, I have one more before the LOCK, an oldie but a goodie:

Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #65
Partlow

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro, 2012 Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
Try not to assume things. I'm here as a civilian contractor flying UAVs. Military has nothing to do with this. I chose to come over here.

I don't expect people to live in a bubble and nor do I expect people to trust ANYONE on the road and I'll never expect someone to quit driving.

However, when people don't understand the basic functions of a car, there in lies a danger to peoples loved ones.

Sorry that I expect more out of society, my mistake for expecting people to be able to understand braking, steering, and acceleration. With or without the power-assists. I've driven a car with air in the brake lines, I've had a serpentine belt break and drive in traffic from work to my apartment over 15 miles. In a 1995 Caprice.

Sorry again if my opinion hurt someones feeling. Afterall, it's just an internet forum.

Edit: What does the OP being a female have to do with anything at all? Seems kinda sexist that people should treat somoene better or worse due to their sex.

i honestly could care less female or not. I usually just overlook things like these threads but everyone was being very rude. Whether it was a basic function of the car my last point still stands. You can't make a judgement that someone could kill your family by not knowing about power steering, yet assume they know what a stall means. Either way take it easy.
Partlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #66
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
This thread was one of the rudest & worst example for a new member that I've seen...

I agree - IBTL.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #67
Goober
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post

Forums are for alot of things, however, angry name-calling i don't think is one of them. I stand by what I said and I'd say it again. There was a post similar to this posted a few days ago. That OP didn't know that turning off their engine killed power-assist brakes and said it was a flaw in the car.

As someone who is 27, married, has a son, and is currently in Afghanistan. I can't do much about my families safety except wish people who don't understand how to drive stay away from my wife and son till they figure out that power-steering is an engine driven feature.

Sorry to offend you, but it sounds like a fuel issue for making an auto stall.
You sir are a dick.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #68
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I can't believe with all the name calling in here that there hasn't been some deleting of posts warnings or suspensions. At least the thread should have been closed by now.
I think everyone that has been calling people names should refresh themselves on the forum rules.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #69
CAMAROZL1

Drives: Point A to B Car until ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partlow View Post
i honestly could care less female or not. I usually just overlook things like these threads but everyone was being very rude. Whether it was a basic function of the car my last point still stands. You can't make a judgement that someone could kill your family by not knowing about power steering, yet assume they know what a stall means. Either way take it easy.

btw you completely THREADJACKED this thread with all this drama.

Congratulations.

Anyways to the ORIGINAL PROBLEM:

OP, it could be that fuel injectors MAY be the problem. There's too little information to tell. Good luck with the dealership.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #70
stephska22

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Okay, this is definitely getting way out of hand. This was my very first post and I thought I could come here for advice. Sure, I probably didn't explain it right and I don't know all of the technical terms so I just described what happened, but I don't see the need to bash me and say I'm a "bad driver" because I'm not. You don't know me, you don't know my life. If you have advice then thank you for it, if not, I don't want to hear it.

Anyway, I took it to the dealer and they found nothing wrong with it. They said it could've been the gas I was putting in and if it happens again to call them and the next step would be to decarbon the engine. Thank you for your advice everybody. Much appreciated.
stephska22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car stalled, electrical, fuel pump, wheel locked