Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
camarocid

Drives: Chevy Truck
How easy is it to upgrade audio on 1SS?

Topic. I’ve had full speaker systems before with a JL w7 etc. I do NOT want that. I want a nice speaker system that’s at least as good as the Bose in terms of lows. How much am I looking at, is it complicated, and can a reputable shop do it?

This is literally the difference of me getting a 1SS and a 2SS lol
camarocid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Of course, your definition of a nice speaker system may differ from others, but you are looking at a minimum of $1000 for power amp and speakers/subs.

In my opinion, after reading many threads here, replacing the speakers looks complicated. A reputable shop can handle it no prob.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:07 AM   #3
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I would just get a 2SS. At least that way you won't have any warranty issues down the road if your car has an electrical issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:04 AM   #4
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Not difficult. Door panels come off in 3 mins. Order speaker wire adapters from crutchfield which are $9 or free if you purchase a set of speakers from them. I went all out and did a full build with all new speakers amps sub and digital sound processor but I was rocking just door speaker upgrade for a little while and that would have been enough to suffice me. Go to crutchfield and order a set of good quality 6.5's with wire adapters and 6x9 to 6.5 mounting brackets. Youll be very happy. I used focal integration speakers for a little while than went with STEG. The STEG's are from Italy though so you have to order from overseas for those only if you want to really get into some good stuff.
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote