Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 01-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #71
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Tons of images and updates coming soon!! We are so happy with the current status of our build!

Stay tuned for updates

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #72
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
What's up with you guys? tried to make an order and you want my drivers license to complete the order? That's a first
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #73
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
What's up with you guys? tried to make an order and you want my drivers license to complete the order? That's a first
Hello @Nicul15,

Our card processing system indicated that there was a mismatch between the account billing address and address on the credit card. To prevent identify theft and fraud, our team asked for more documentation to confirm identity.

This information is only used to protect our customers and to prevent credit card fraud.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #74
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Hello @Nicul15,

Our card processing system indicated that there was a mismatch between the account billing address and address on the credit card. To prevent identify theft and fraud, our team asked for more documentation to confirm identity.

This information is only used to protect our customers and to prevent credit card fraud.

Thank you,
Nick C.
There was not a mismatch though. the next step is to inconvenience the customer? Out of thousands of merchants why are you the only one with this issue?
Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #75
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
There was not a mismatch though. the next step is to inconvenience the customer? Out of thousands of merchants why are you the only one with this issue?
We use a very secure, third-party processing system to ensure safety for our customers. I agree it is an inconvenience in this case, and doesn't occur often, but the order was flagged by our system. For that reason, we reached out to you for additional confirmation just to be safe. When it comes to customer privacy and security, we always err on the side of caution.

We appreciate your support, and we thank you for your interest in our company's products.

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 01-18-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #76
6spdhyperblue

My CC protects me, I don’t need that from you. If the case of a false positive doesn’t occur often, the case of True positive is next to nothing. To me, it looks like you trade in the minimal risk on your end to wasting the customers time. But hey, the customers time doesn’t cost you anything right? Regardless, I appreciate you explaining this and giving insight on your processes.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #77
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
My CC protects me, I don’t need that from you. If the case of a false positive doesn’t occur often, the case of True positive is next to nothing. To me, it looks like you trade in the minimal risk on your end to wasting the customers time. But hey, the customers time doesn’t cost you anything right? Regardless, I appreciate you explaining this and giving insight on your processes.
Wow, so your getting mad cause they are trying to protect their customer base? False positives happen, I deal with it from time to time. Its too easy to provide a way to prove who you are. I am sure many others would prefer they be protective than not at all. I know I would. And while your CC protects you, wouldn't you want another layer of protection? Its like wearing two bullet proof vests. Calm down and take the time to think over what's going on.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #78
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
my old work used to do the same and people would get mad about it also which is weird because the only people that would get mad about that are people trying to scam people or steal credit card info or just sketchy people hmm... lol
Old 01-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #79
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Yeah it does protect you, but if you input the wrong billing address as Diode said, it's going to flag that purchase and not let it charge (this is the first indication that you could potentially be fraudulent by the way).

Think of it from this point of view, wouldn't you be thankful to Diode if someone had stolen YOUR credit card and tried to make a purchase with it? Hell I would applaud the company who took extra effort in making sure that the cardholder is making the purchase, rather than a thief with a stolen credit card.

The fact that you're putting up a fight is also a clear indication that you could have a stolen credit card that is not your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Wow, so your getting mad cause they are trying to protect their customer base? False positives happen, I deal with it from time to time. Its too easy to provide a way to prove who you are. I am sure many others would prefer they be protective than not at all. I know I would. And while your CC protects you, wouldn't you want another layer of protection? Its like wearing two bullet proof vests. Calm down and take the time to think over what's going on.
Right!? Takes me 10 seconds to take a photo of my ID and text it to someone. Really not that big of a deal unless you're trying to hide the fact you have a stolen credit card right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
my old work used to do the same and people would get mad about it also which is weird because the only people that would get mad about that are people trying to scam people or steal credit card info or just sketchy people hmm... lol
Yep! Same here! I've been in the industry for going on 11 years now, and many times I've had AVS mismatch issues where the credit card would decline because the billing address didn't match up. Sometimes it's just an incorrect zip code or something of that nature, but there are plenty of times where things seemed way too sketchy and I asked for further proof that they are the cardholder.

I 100% agree, the only people who in fact truly got mad at me for asking for further proof were the ones who actually had stolen credit cards that they were trying to use.

Big Kudos to Diode Dynamics for actually giving a damn and trying to verify things like this to prevent fraudulent charges.
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote