Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
EFI Tuning Flex Fuel Kit options and sale

We offer two Flex Fuel kit configurations for the 2016+ Camaro SS platform. Our kits are built from ground up with high quality components. No cutting, splicing, or any other modification is necessary to your vehicle. The installation will look clean and will have an OEM like appearance. We also include an additional connector for the signal wire so in the event you need to remove the kit quickly it is a simple disconnect versus having to dissemble the ECM connector and extracting the terminal.

The first option provides a complete PnP harness, GM OEM ethanol sensor, and a complete hose assembly to replace the original fuel hose that crosses over the intake manifold. This is the preferred kit as the factory hose assembly is not ideal for a couple of reasons. The factory hose assembly has a predefined shape that is not maintained when you add the ethanol sensor. It is not a clean look. The other more significant issue is that the hard line on the sensor itself is rather short. If you connect the factory quick disconnect fitting from the factory hose assembly to the sensor you will not be able to fit a standard disconnect tool in the gap to remove it. We've done this and it required significant modifications to the quick disconnect tool to get it to fit and engage the clips in the quick disconnect fitting.

The second option was intended for those with Magnuson setups but is an option for those that would like to save some money and utilize the factory hose assembly. It will work but would not be our recommendation.

We are not the lowest priced option but we are the highest quality and cleanest looking option.

Both kits are $75 off through the remainder of May. If there are additional items you are interested in please PM me and I will see if I can offer any additional discounts through the end of the month.

http://efi-tuning.net/products/2016-camaro/ss/fuel/

Thank you!
Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Dumb question but is this so that the E85 can be registered by the ECM so a tune is also needed or does this include a tune?

If a stock car ran E85, would it run just like stock? E85 is $.90 cheaper here. You'd pay for this fairly quickly.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #3
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Work on a Whipple too? Saw the one for the Maggie
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have this kit on my car it is worth the price. It is a very clean install , looks great and requires NO butchering of any kind what so ever. It is also an easy install and Tim was great to answer my email questions on the spot response time was awesome.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
You have stock tune? Why have this with a stock tune?
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #6
JFM-jr

Car is being tuned
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #7
EFI Tuning

A tune is absolutely required to run Flex Fuel. The sensor needs to be enabled as well as a bunch of other changes.

Pump E85 is generally cheaper then 93 in most areas. Even with the MPG hit you are still ahead of the game in most cases. If the tune is correct you will net 30-35 RWHP on a stock car and your tail pipes will stay clean for weeks.

Tim
Old 05-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I lost 3 mpg but, save around $11-$12 a fillup.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #9
EFI Tuning

To sweeten the offer a little bit more I will give anyone who orders during this sale a $50 code to use on a future order with EFI Tuning. It will be valid for one year.

Tim
Old 05-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #10
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I know this is beating a dead horse, but Tim do you have any experience with Warranty being voided or retained with this kit? I'm sure it varies dealer to dealer, but I'm spooked that even if I remove the kit and return it to a stock tune they will void my warranty since they can see the number of times the computer has been flashed.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #11
EFI Tuning

I think it will vary by dealer and actually what you ask of them. I took mine in for the transmission flush and was upfront about the mods. They didn't say a word about any of it. Now if I go in with a failed engine then I'm sure it would be used against me but I shouldn't expect them to cover it anyways.

Here is the only reasonable way to approach it in my opinion... if you can't afford to cover anything that may break don't risk it (especially if it is your only car).

Tim
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #12
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
Here is the only reasonable way to approach it in my opinion... if you can't afford to cover anything that may break don't risk it (especially if it is your only car).

Tim
+I 0000.

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #13
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
I think it will vary by dealer and actually what you ask of them. I took mine in for the transmission flush and was upfront about the mods. They didn't say a word about any of it. Now if I go in with a failed engine then I'm sure it would be used against me but I shouldn't expect them to cover it anyways.

Tim
It's not my only car but I do daily it, I could afford a new engine if needed but I certainly don't want to. I'm torn because I have been hugely impressed by GM covering and engine that was blown at a track day by a forum member here and although I'm sure if I had that same issue it wouldn't be due to the E85 kit.

I suppose I know the answer I just wish I could retain the warranty with this mod.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #14
J_MENIS

New to the forum/platform. Is this all you need to run 100% E85? These cars don't need PI or fuel pump upgrades?
J_MENIS is offline   Reply With Quote