#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #113
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic1 View Post
I think he means not many will ever built because very few buyers are looking for a track-intent package. They'll build as many as they have ordered. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to hold value, as down the line they will just be a 1SS with an option package checked off.
Well, your expectations might be completely wrong because ALL Camaros don't hold value.

Buyers of the 1LE will likely buy and keep the car for a long time so secondary value means diddly and squat to them.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #114
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
This was you, right?
You can clearly see that was before we knew what the 1LE package even was. His price estimate was assuming the 6 piston brakes, MRC and recaros would all be options.

That guess had to be a long time ago because we have known the basic 1LE 'package' for months now.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:00 PM   #115
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepestGray View Post
It seems like there are a lot of people that really want the 1le package and really don't need it. I've made this argument about the 5th gen cars before but after driving an ss vs 1le I realized I was wrong. In the 5th gen the 1le package turned a pig into a sports car and you could feel it driving down the road.. And that made the package worth it even for people who don't track their cars imo. But in the 6th gen are you really going to be able to tell 1le between ss if you're not driving at the limit? I have the feeling for most people the answer will be no they can't. Only time will tell but I think for that reason the price of the package may not be justified compared to last gen. Part for part sure I understand completely but when it comes down to the driving experience?? If the car doesn't see track time I just don't see the point. A LOT of people just seem to want this car because it's a step above the SS and they can't afford a Z. Just like the last 1le. If your car doesn't see the track and you have to a faster Camaro then why not spend the 6.5k extra on a supercharger? If you don't drive your car like a race car everywhere than this is probably a way better way to spend your money, have fun, and go fast. Everyone is free to spend their money how they want but I really wish a few more people would stop and think, "what's the point of a track car that doesn't see the track?"
First off, huge fan of the 1LE, but as a prior Gen5 1LE owner I agree 100%. If you plan to track the car then the 1LE is worth every penny and I would highly recommend getting it. However, if you are just gonna putt around on the street like most then in my opinion you will be better served by the creature comforts of the 2SS or just save the money and get a 1SS.

Most folks (myself included) tend to get all caught up in the cool specs of a track focused car but like you mentioned if the car is not going to be driven at its limit then why do you need E-diff, more grip from track tires that only last 12k miles, track tuned MRC, vinyl hood wrap designed to reduce glare, etc.? All of these things are designed to get you around a track faster. I can't even come close to utilizing the potential of a base SS on the street.

That said, if you just think it looks cool and have to have it then that works too!
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6

Last edited by raptor5244; 08-08-2016 at 08:11 PM.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #116
raptor5244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Yep. Essentially a 1SS with MRC, NPP, and 6 piston upgrade is all you can get before you eclipse the $6500 1LE package price. Then you would be stuck with trying to sell your original 4 piston setup for some more cash and even then you are still missing the following 1LE specific parts

(Cost to add to standard SS either factory or aftermarket)
- Electronic LSD (N/A)
- Perf. Traction Managment (N/A)
- Wheels/Tires ($2500)
- Springs, Swaybars, and Bushings (TBD)
- Front Splitter ($610)
- Blade Spoiler ($450 EBAY)
- Recaros (N/A)
- Suede wheel and shifter (N/A)
- Satin finishes

Also you don't get to opt for the Perf. Data Recorder. All in all I think the package is fairly priced if you want anything more than just 1LE wheels/tires on a standard SS.
Agreed. If you want a track focused Camaro this is the most cost effective way to get there.
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 08-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #117
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
This was you, right?
Really? Did you read the post and look at the date? That was from the old speculation thread before we had any idea of what the car would contain. Basically a wish list of sorts. Hence why I said MRC, Recaros, and 6 pistions as an option. So, if anything, taking that into account would make for an even higher price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
You can clearly see that was before we knew what the 1LE package even was. His price estimate was assuming the 6 piston brakes, MRC and recaros would all be options.

That guess had to be a long time ago because we have known the basic 1LE 'package' for months now.
Exactly. It didn't take much to figure that out.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #118
raptor5244

Quote:
I think he means not many will ever built because very few buyers are looking for a track-intent package. They'll build as many as they have ordered. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to hold value, as down the line they will just be a 1SS with an option package checked off.
Agreed, at auction my 2013 2SS 1LE only brought about a $1000 more wholesale than a regular 2SS, but it cost $3500 more MSRP. Sadyly, most don't even know what a 1LE is and they think the hood wrap and wheels are aftermarket add-ons.
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 08-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #119
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Sounds stupid I guess, but while I like the 1LE I also want to be able to drive it in cold weather on clear days. I don't see all seasons for 305/30-20. Bummer.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #120
Nostalgic1
Account Suspended

Drives: Not that fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Really? Did you read the post and look at the date? That was from the old speculation thread before we had any idea of what the car would contain. Basically a wish list of sorts. Hence why I said MRC, Recaros, and 6 pistions as an option. So, if anything, taking that into account would make for an even higher price.

Exactly. It didn't take much to figure that out.
Sorry, wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, it was just something I ran across earlier today when reading through various 1LE-related threads. I just thought it was funny that you "never" quoted a low package price, yet there it was. Clearly, GM gave you more content than you originally speculated. I'm done now. Carry on.
Nostalgic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #121
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Sorry, wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, it was just something I ran across earlier today when reading through various 1LE-related threads. I just thought it was funny that you "never" quoted a low package price, yet there it was. Clearly, GM gave you more content than you originally speculated. I'm done now. Carry on.
No problem. No harm done, we're all Camaro enthusiasts in here.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #122

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Do the Recaros by any chance recline further back than the stock seats?.....It would sure be a nice feature if the Recaros did more of a full recline....With my 5thGen and a helmet for tracking, reclining the stock seat is a must for me....

With the 6thGen, I will have to actually try it out with the helmet on...lol...as the stock seats don't recline as much as the 5th....Hopefully Recaros recline more on the 1LE..

If anyone knows, thanks....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #123
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Sounds stupid I guess, but while I like the 1LE I also want to be able to drive it in cold weather on clear days. I don't see all seasons for 305/30-20. Bummer.
You would want to go 285/30R20's all around to get a good all season performance tire. I think I'm going to go with a second set of 20x10 or 10.5's so I can rotate my all seasons. But you could just installed the 285's on the stock rims. I have heard good things about Continental DSW06s
Old 08-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #124
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Seems like a good deal to me... not sure how people expected options that normally cost $2-3k on their own (eDiff, MRC/NPP, Recaros and wheels/tires) to come in at 5k or under.

The only thing I'd want from the 1LE on my 2SS are the Recaros, but ventilated ones. I rather like a mechanical LSD and with the wheel and suspension upgrades, my car is plenty responsive and handles well enough for my needs.

If I was buying one right now, I would seriously consider it... it's pretty much the ultimate factory SS. Unless the Z28 uses a new, more powerful, NA LTx then it's the ultimate factory Camaro without going to forced induction. I'm sure a few good upgrades to the LT1 will push it over 500HP without any issues - what more does one need?
Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 AM   #125
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
I will say this...

My 2016 1LT is my first Camaro. Given a career change and that it was the most enjoyable economical daily driver and that as pay rate increases over the next few years (I'm a unionized Ironworker apprentice)...a 1LE either this generation or the next. Will be in my future. That's where this car stands.

Daily driver track package is what this guy wants.

Can I build it for less though? Tough call on that!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #126
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
ELSD has mechanical guts, too.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote