Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #99
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Considering I still see 1 SS 6th gens in my area from low to mid 40's, I can't imagine anyone is actually driving out of the dealership for $43,000 like so many are saying.

Not now anyway. If so, why would you buy 1SS or 2SS?

It will be interesting to see what people end up actually paying to get some of the first ones.
Nobody pays mid 40's for an 1SS...my buddy paid less than $36k out the door. Others have done ever better.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #100
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Nobody pays mid 40's for an 1SS...my buddy paid less than $36k out the door. Others have done ever better.
Maybe they will start leveling off. Dealers around me were gouging the hell out of everyone for awhile with their $44,000 1SS and $53,000 2SS's flooding the lots.

Hell I even saw a turbo 2.0 for $40,000.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #101
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Maybe they will start leveling off. Dealers around me were gouging the hell out of everyone for awhile with their $44,000 1SS and $53,000 2SS's flooding the lots.

Hell I even saw a turbo 2.0 for $40,000.
Holy, for real? Not sure how they sold even one doing that...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #102
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
For real track day enthusiasts like backeddy, the 1LE is perfect, and is worth every penny. He is the target market for this car. It has everything they need to do hot laps at the track and they don't have to add anything.

For those of us who don't track it 10 to 20 times a year, it is probably overkill and has lots of extra things that we will never need or use, like recaros, ediff, mrc ,305 tires big brakes , etc, etc. For those of us who drive on the mountain roads a 1SS would probably work just as good. But that's the point of the 1LE, Its not really designed for the back road heroes, its for the serious trackday person who wants to go do fast laps at the track. Its a bargain for what its designed for. I'd say that 90% of the 1LE buyers won't ever take the 1LE to its limits, but that applies to every hi performance car. Porsche, corvette, Gtr...

I probably don't need it, but I want it.
I live in the Ozarks and take my 15 1LE through the mountains regularly. To me, the 1LE package is completely worth it. . Plus it's a cool looking, low production number car that you don't see every day. That in itself is worth something to a car guy.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #103
DeepestGray

Drives: 2.0t m6 NGM, 2000 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
For me, I do not track my cars (yet) but the 1LE would be my perfect daily. In my mind it represents everything that a true sports car should be "out of the box" and personally I wouldn't change much. Just the availability of the Recaros would make me want it if nothing else (my current car has them and they're amazing). Between the better brakes, MRC, active exhaust, wide wheels, Recaros, and HUD this car once again IMO is perfect from the factory. My current Mustang is a base model "performance pack car" so I have 6 piston brembos (Brembos front only ), 19x9.5" wide rear wheels (yawn), some other small things, and had to order my Recaros as an option. Then there is exhaust...the new 5.0s factory exhaust note is pitiful. I think my Pontiac G6 back in 09 was louder at idle and acceleration lol. Fast forward to the 1LE and I can get all that in a factory package along with extras like the HUD, brembos on all 4 corners, active exhaust, and MRC on what is a "base model or 1SS". It is a car I can drive off the lot, tint and be pretty happy with until I feel the itch and need to do a tune/intake or a cam swap. Sure it may be overkill on most days, but for someone who enjoys keeping their warranty and still having a fast car that they can beat on every day the 1LE is an awesome bargain in my eyes. Oh and I would love to hurt the feelings of some GT350 owners
Out of curiosity have you driven a regular SS? On some counts I very much agree with you. This is a great way to bundle mrc and npp exhaust together with some awesome other goodies for a bargain price. However, do you really need bigger brakes for the street? Or the ediff? I absolutely assure you the regular SS has zero issues with any real world braking or cornering you can do on the street. Or putting down power for that matter. Also I definitely would not lump you into the group of people I was complaining about. You want the car because of x, y, and z whereas a lot of people want the car because it says 1, L, and E. And that makes sense so please go buy one if you can. But when I bought my 1lt I test drove an SS. I just can't imagine getting out of one and thinking that it would need to brake or handle better on the road. I get that at the race track. But if you get out of that car feeling like you're wanting more or that the Camaro is lacking than I think you need to reevaluate how you drive on the street because you're severely endangering your license.. Also take caution with the seats. Sit in them before you chalk them up in the win column because they could be very different from those in your mustang. Just because they say Recaro doesn't mean they will fit you well.
DeepestGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #104
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
What I find as funny, is the base gt350 came in at $49000, then to get the track pack gt350, it was $55,500. So for $6500 over the base gt350 you got Magride and coolers. What else? The 1le is a huge bargain compared to what the gt350 TP guys got.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #105
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepestGray View Post
It seems like there are a lot of people that really want the 1le package and really don't need it. I've made this argument about the 5th gen cars before but after driving an ss vs 1le I realized I was wrong. In the 5th gen the 1le package turned a pig into a sports car and you could feel it driving down the road.. And that made the package worth it even for people who don't track their cars imo. But in the 6th gen are you really going to be able to tell 1le between ss if you're not driving at the limit? I have the feeling for most people the answer will be no they can't. Only time will tell but I think for that reason the price of the package may not be justified compared to last gen. Part for part sure I understand completely but when it comes down to the driving experience?? If the car doesn't see track time I just don't see the point. A LOT of people just seem to want this car because it's a step above the SS and they can't afford a Z. Just like the last 1le. If your car doesn't see the track and you have to a faster Camaro then why not spend the 6.5k extra on a supercharger? If you don't drive your car like a race car everywhere than this is probably a way better way to spend your money, have fun, and go fast. Everyone is free to spend their money how they want but I really wish a few more people would stop and think, "what's the point of a track car that doesn't see the track?"
This for me is why I never really plan on buying the 1LE. It's an awesome car but I have never been on a road course or will go in the near future. I do like the wheels, Recaros and just mainly cosmetic stuff. But I plan on putting aftermarket seats and I can always upgrade the wheels if I want.

The SS is more than enough for me with it's performance/handling capabilities but I understand those who does track and push their cars to the limit. They should def. get the 1LE and hopefully they can get it 2-3k under MSRP like my SS.

I just wish they made seat brackets already for the 6th Gen!! With some red Sparco/Recaros + lowering springs I'm golden!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #106
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
That's not even so great of a price, in most cases a good dealer will easily beat that...that is less than two grand off.
I hope that's how it plays out, and I'll be watching you guys in the south to see what kind of deals you can work out. I won't be taking delivery until Spring here in Ohio.

The fact you will probably have to order a 1LE puts the dealer in a position where they may be less willing to deal on price.

It's not like buying an SS, where they are readily available all over the country and they are motivated to move some units.

I'm all for a better deal, but right now I'm looking at supplier pricing, with anything below being a bonus.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #107
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
If it makes you feel better I don't ever plan on tracking it
Me either, but if I want to I can.

That's a nice option, especially when you consider all the other great things about the car.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #108
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
You are correct, it is $44,400 before TTL.

Just for comparison a 2SS with MRC and NPP is $45,490 before TTL, so this is the comparison I've been looking at. I wanted the 1SS 1LE to come in under a 2SS with MRC and NPP, which it does by about $1k. Feels like they got the pricing of the car right to me.
Absolutely. That was my benchmark as well. As I have said before, and it will probably get me flamed, when it comes to substantitive upgrades, the 1LE is much more bang for the buck than the 2SS. Particularly on the performance side of things.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #109
Cam 6

Quote:
I live in the Ozarks and take my 15 1LE through the mountains regularly. To me, the 1LE package is completely worth it. . Plus it's a cool looking, low production number car that you don't see every day. That in itself is worth something to a car guy.
Wheels, tires, Recaros, splitter, blade spoiler are worth $5k alone to me. When you add in the suspension, e-diff, MRC, etc. it's a no brainer.

Low production is the cherry on the cupcake.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #110
Nostalgic1
Account Suspended

Drives: Not that fast
Quote:
I never, ever predicted a price that low...I wish that is what it was. My point was that $3000 shouldn't make or break your purchase. Wait and save as I said, as there are too many people living beyond their means. I was far from piling on the guy. If it came off that way, my bad.
This was you, right?

Quote:
$3895

Better struts/shocks, upgraded sway bars, strut tower brace, various bushing changes, larger rotors, 3:91 gear swap.
Different spoiler, front splitter, different (wider) wheels, some 1LE related badging.
Inside should see a suede wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
285/305 Goodyear Eagle F1 G2's.

1.05g
99'
3.9 sec
12.3 sec

(considering a regular manual SS can do a 1.00/104/4.0/12.4 with narrower run flats, and assuming the 1LE will have stickier, wider tires, and hopefully a gear swap, I think my guesses are spot on.)

Thinking manual only, 6 piston option, MRC may be an option, Recaros may also possibly be an option.

Would like to the the 1LE become it's own model, not just an option package.
Nostalgic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:23 PM   #111
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post

Low production is the cherry on the cupcake.
Why would it be low production?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #112
Nostalgic1
Account Suspended

Drives: Not that fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Why would it be low production?
I think he means not many will ever built because very few buyers are looking for a track-intent package. They'll build as many as they have ordered. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to hold value, as down the line they will just be a 1SS with an option package checked off.
Nostalgic1 is offline   Reply With Quote