Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #43
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
I went with the coupe. I SERIOUSLY considered the convertible. But, my wife preferred the coupe (because of her hair) and so do the kids. I LOVE the way it looks though. Also, my experience with other convertibles in the past has soured me. Just get a sunroof and have the best of both worlds.
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #44
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I understand Your position, BUT, You can't compare a Vert to a Sun-roof!!! Kids in the back seat in a Vert would be a NITEMARE!!!!! The wind and the Hair, And an upset Wife, I GET IT!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:28 AM   #45
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drags1998 View Post
I understand Your position, BUT, You can't compare a Vert to a Sun-roof!!! Kids in the back seat in a Vert would be a NITEMARE!!!!! The wind and the Hair, And an upset Wife, I GET IT!!!!!
I had a 5th gen convertible. The kids loved it. We will see how they like the new coupe
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:17 AM   #46
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
Yeah, I don't get the hair in the kids stuff. My kids and my wife love the convertible. I originally thought coupe but the wife convinced me to spend more and get the convertible.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #47
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
No way I had a 5thGen Coupe once you go Convertible you don't go back.....
I also,had the 5thGen convertible. This car is amazing no issues like the top before. They did it right, really! I would not get a coupe again if you ask me.... I also go to,the coast a lotNC is awesome for warm water and the beach!

X2 build quality on these is insane compared to a 5th gen , smooth ride , nicer interior etc. all great cars .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #48
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim50thSS View Post
Yeah, I don't get the hair in the kids stuff. My kids and my wife love the convertible. I originally thought coupe but the wife convinced me to spend more and get the convertible.
+1 for me. My wife and teenage kids liked the vert better, the wind for the front passenger is no worse than driving with the windows down and the sunroof open in the Gen 6 vert. Try putting teenagers in the back of your coupe. Their heads are smashed against the roof liner. They won't tolerate it for long back there even with the top down since the leg room is mostly non-existant but the pretzel-like contortions they had to do to fit in the back of a coupe was a no-go. It seems like there is more room with the top down back there to them.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #49
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I test drove both. Went with the vert on the wife’s request. I was very hesitant but glad I did it. First vert I have every had and this thing is awesome. I know they are all a little different but I haven’t had a single issue with mine. A little wind noise around back window. When I’m doing 90 and up !!! The top is great. I live in Georgia so we keep the top down. Wife loves it. Kids love it. Ridged and just as fast as the coupes as far as most people would care. No leaks. No squeaks. I do keep my car in the garage so I don’t worry about sun fade or anything. Radio and exhaust are awesome with the top down. Car looks awesome. Looked at mustang vert. Top was junk compared to the camaro. One touch done. Loving it.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote