Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
My experience with AFE hasn't been good at all--I'll never buy one of their products again. I bought the Momentum GT Intake for my '15 Durango R/T. The intake tube would pop out of the air box. I had to keep fixing it about every 2 weeks. I had checked all clamps, couldn't go any tighter--I even took it all out and reinstalled it, the same thing kept happening. Then a thread started on dodgedurango.net with members complaining about the same issue and sending AFE emails and not hearing anything back. I actually took it out after about 4 months or so and reinstalled my stock air intake. I see a post today on the Durango forum saying that AFE came out with a new coupler to "help" with this issue. First, there is no help--AFE didn't design the intake correctly. Secondly, I bought my intake directly from AFE--why didn't AFE send out emails (or better yet, the new coupler) to all the customers who bought this intake directly from them? They obviously have the customer info and part numbers from the invoice--instead I have to find out from a forum that this part even exists. I sent AFE an email today requesting an RMA number and a full refund for this defective $403 junk intake. If they don't, I'm filing a chargeback request with my credit card company.

As far as performance with this intake--the Durango felt slower at speeds under 40mph and then it would take off. The only comparison I can make is like a turbo spooling up and then taking off. When I put the stock intake on, the truck was so much more responsive.
Wow
Old 12-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
In my experience, AFe seems more for the boy racer crowd.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #17
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Wow
Killa Bee, just so no one thinks I am lying about this, here are some different threads on the issue:

Scroll down to post #26 http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/d...ngo-r-t-3.html

http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/d...stalled-4.html
cooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #18
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
I will be tuning a car next week with this intake. I will at a minimum get to see how well it maintains the MAF calibration.
Hi Tim,

Were you able to get the AFe tested?

Thanks
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #19
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
I will be tuning a car next week with this intake. I will at a minimum get to see how well it maintains the MAF calibration.
Any news lon the AFe yet???
Old 03-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #20
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Any news lon the AFe yet???
Back from the dead post. Tim tuned my car with the AFE momentum with Dry filter. He found the MAF transfer function to be very close to stock and comparable to the RotoFab he had. I had my car tuned on E85 with headers, MSD, and this intake and made 460 whp with remote tuning.

Fast forward to today, I traded my SS in for a ZL1 and have the AFE for my SS for sale, I am hoping to sell it, so I can buy the one for the ZL1. To me it's one of the best looking and best fitting ones, and makes power comparable to all others.

Now with that sales pitch out of the way.

Anybody wants a super good AFE intake for cheap, then check out my thread where I'm practically giving it away. Btw, it needs no tune, and will run good. Tune it for even more power.

For sale thread is here, with pictures.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522961

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote