Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #29
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Yes, the visibility is bad.

Yes, you can adapt.

Yes, it is still a hazard.

Yes, it is the trade-off for the looks.

Yes, the visibility is bad in other exotic looking cars.

For those people that believe sports-cars should be like passenger-cars, I have designed these two models for you:
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #30
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
LOL. Looks like the Japanese bosozoku cars.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #31
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Adjusting mirrors is a learned skill, and the correct answer. New tech such as "blind spot" monitoring is good too. My S 197 mustangs would turn around in the street, my S 550 won't, but I don't cry about it, adaptive learning, just like paddle shifting. It can be fun to learn right guys?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #32
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Yes, the visibility is bad.

Yes, you can adapt.

Yes, it is still a hazard.

Yes, it is the trade-off for the looks.

Yes, the visibility is bad in other exotic looking cars.

For those people that believe sports-cars should be like passenger-cars, I have designed these two models for you:
I like it...you put a lot of time into those concepts. Sign me up for 4 of them.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 PM   #33
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I like it...you put a lot of time into those concepts. Sign me up for 4 of them.
I made a 1LE edition in celebration of my car:
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 01-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #34
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
People have been saying this since the 4th gen it's pretty simple you either buy the car or you don't. I have never had an issue so I am not sure what the problem is.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #35
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Anyone who thinks that this car couldn't use better sight lines is being ignorant. I love my car and yes you can get used to it, but it would've been nice to jump into a car that I didn't have to "get used to"

Before everyone starts bashing me and telling me how I should've just bought a mustang, think about it. How many sales would they have lost by having MORE visibility? Also I have heard people try to claim its a packaging issue, but as soon as I mention the ATS-V no one has an excuse as to why GM couldn't make the styling work with better sight lines. The belt line on the car is just too high.

and don't get me started on how IDIOTIC it was for GM to justify not addressing the sight lines because "5th gen owners said it was fine"
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #36
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Anyone who thinks that this car couldn't use better sight lines is being ignorant. I love my car and yes you can get used to it, but it would've been nice to jump into a car that I didn't have to "get used to"

Before everyone starts bashing me and telling me how I should've just bought a mustang, think about it. How many sales would they have lost by having MORE visibility? Also I have heard people try to claim its a packaging issue, but as soon as I mention the ATS-V no one has an excuse as to why GM couldn't make the styling work with better sight lines. The belt line on the car is just too high.

and don't get me started on how IDIOTIC it was for GM to justify not addressing the sight lines because "5th gen owners said it was fine"
X1000. Couldn't agree more
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #37
mr965

Drives: ///M3
You get used to it very quickly after you curb your wheels :(
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:03 AM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I drive large vehicles with no back windows and I can tell you that the Camaro would be way worse if it wasnt for the back up camera. Drive a Challenger and you will see that cars like these can be built to see out of. Will it influence my decision to buy a GEN6 Camaro? Hell no! They look awesome and any change to make viability better would mostly screw that up. Learn to set your mirrors correctly, learn to drive with them and the backup camaera and you'll be fine.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:19 AM   #39
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post

I guess I'm just being ignorant then. I've owned a 5th gen, I currently own a 6th gen. The car is not remotely difficult to see out of. Is it the greatest visibility car in the world? Nope...

However, I could just as easily point to several other vehicles that have virtually the same issues. The Mustang's only difference on visibility is the lower belt line, resulting in some slightly larger windows on the doors. The cars are roughly 1.5" inches different in height, like half an inch different in width. Let's bring the Challenger in here...that car is massive, even bigger than the 5th gen Camaro. It's not even the same scenario. YET, it still has almost all of the same visibility issues that you claim the Camaro has.

I've driven every model Challenger (except Demon), Charger, Mustang (except GT 500) and Camaro for the last 7 years. The visibility on all of them is pretty much the same, which means it's not great.

Look, we get it, you dont like the visibility. I can respect that statement.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:37 AM   #40
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
This visibility thing is a funny issue. On the one hand, sure it has a high belt line, it looks a little funny. But I honestly don't find it hard to see out of. And this is coming from someone who had serious fears about the visibility. Like big time fears, like, would I ever be able to road trip it and enjoy the scenery or would it keep me confined in a dark prison having to stare at a black dashboard for my entire road trip. Honestly, it kept me from buying a Camaro for many, many years. I finally bought one recently and, what do you know, I can see just fine out of it. It was totally anti-climactic. I'm 5'9 and have the seat pretty high up. If you're shorter, I think you might need something on the seat to make up the difference. But for me, it's a non-issue, and I never thought I'd be the one saying that.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #41
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
If you're shorter, I think you might need something on the seat to make up the difference.
...Like a stack of phone books...for that Mustang feel?
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #42
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I guess I'm just being ignorant then. I've owned a 5th gen, I currently own a 6th gen. The car is not remotely difficult to see out of. Is it the greatest visibility car in the world? Nope...

However, I could just as easily point to several other vehicles that have virtually the same issues. The Mustang's only difference on visibility is the lower belt line, resulting in some slightly larger windows on the doors. The cars are roughly 1.5" inches different in height, like half an inch different in width. Let's bring the Challenger in here...that car is massive, even bigger than the 5th gen Camaro. It's not even the same scenario. YET, it still has almost all of the same visibility issues that you claim the Camaro has.

I've driven every model Challenger (except Demon), Charger, Mustang (except GT 500) and Camaro for the last 7 years. The visibility on all of them is pretty much the same, which means it's not great.

Look, we get it, you dont like the visibility. I can respect that statement.
Part of your situational awareness is building a mental picture of what's going on around you, there's a semi over there, a station wagon here, a box truck there, etc. No one really expects the unexpected, so in these more critical events that is where the greater visibility can come into play. Really in the camaro you have a couple rear "tunnels" you are looking into, the various mirrors. Side vision isn't great and a little further back an it's out of the picture. As long as those tunnels are clear and everything goes as expected p, you are ok, but when it goes unexpected, better visibility would be welcome. Again, I think it's a reasonable tradeoff and it doesn't make me mad, but to deny its an issue with the car is irrational. At best, it gives it some character and I feel people aren't "looking" in at me as I drive

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD

Tags
2017 camaro visibility, 6th gen camaro visibility, blind spots, camaro blind spots, visibility