Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 01-22-2018, 01:00 AM   #15
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
I honestly think selling those seatbelt clamps or whatever you want to call it should be illegal. Wear the seatbelt... That's the best clamp out there.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
Old 01-22-2018, 04:18 AM   #16
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I 100% agree with wearing a seatbelt and will not start driving until my passenger puts it on as well. Question I do have though is there a way to lower the volume of the chime? Thing actually hurts my ears!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #17
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
When I was 16 (1995), I got pulled over by a PO a block away from my house. He asked why I wasn't wearing my seat belt and I told him I had just run up to the gas station and was going home. He said "MOST accidents occur within a mile from home" and he wrote me a ticket. I'll never forget that, and I've worn my seat belt every time I get in the car from then on. It takes 1 second to put it on and 1 second to take it off.

He was right too. I've been in 2 major accidents and 3 fender benders and EVERY one of them was within a mile from my house, lol. Statistically, it makes sense because I spend most of the time driving around town, about a mile from home... Therefore, I'd be less likely to get hurt if I didn't wear my seat belt when I was traveling farther from home, but should absolutely wear it if I'm running up to the store.

Last edited by Lukemo; 01-22-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabhart View Post
I 100% agree with wearing a seatbelt and will not start driving until my passenger puts it on as well. Question I do have though is there a way to lower the volume of the chime? Thing actually hurts my ears!
There is a tone/chime volume control in the Infotainment center for things like the door and lights chime...but I don't know if it will affect the seatbelt chime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
When I was 16 (1995), I got pulled over by a PO a block away from my house. He asked why I wasn't wearing my seat belt and I told him I had just run up to the gas station and was going home. He said "MOST accidents occur within a mile from home" and he wrote me a ticket. I'll never forget that, and I've worn my seat belt every time I get in the car from then on. It takes 1 second to put it on and 1 second to take it off.

He was right too. I've been in 2 major accidents and 3 fender benders and EVERY one of them was within a mile from my house, lol. Statistically, it makes sense because I spend most of the time driving around town, about a mile from home... Therefore, I'd be less likely to get hurt if I didn't wear my seat belt when I was traveling farther from home, but should absolutely wear it if I'm running up to the store.
Happened to me, too...not the ticket, but the accident; literally 3 doors away. Any illusion of safety on the road is just that: an illusion.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #19
nwo-fubar

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Vert
A contrarian's opinion...
There is a theory that "stupidity" is weaning itself out of the human gene pool by killing those committing the stupidest acts.

Another example is motorcyclist not wanting to wear a helmet.

Let folks have free will and the world gets better.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:40 AM   #20
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwo-fubar View Post
There is a theory that "stupidity" is weaning itself out of the human gene pool by killing those committing the stupidest acts.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
Old 01-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #21
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:

In this scenario yeah... But unfortunately when someone decides to pull a Darwin, it’s the innocent people that pay the price( when people drive drunk, it always seems like the drunk survives and the poor people, the innocent people the drunk person hit dies).
Old 01-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #22
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Old 01-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #23
chriskon
Chris

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Theoretically sure, on paper. Take a look at the world in 2018, where common sense is anything but common, and these stupid people multiply faster than anyone else....
Old 01-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #24
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The car companies should go back to the original seatbelt reminders used from the early 70s-mid 80s, which were piezo-electric tweeters that emitted an annoying buzz. Only make it louder. And constant until the seatbelts are fastened.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #25
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
You should wear it. Had a accident I'm my last car 4 blocks from my house. There were 3 SUV's parked near the corner 1 right on the corner ( naturally he moved before the cops came) I couldn't see the side street they couldn't see me either .
Lucky I slowed down a bit before I got to the intersection but still got hit.
The worst is going to work in the middle of the night when all the as*holes are out, drunks who go to fast or to slow , people without headlights on, people running lights. Worst than daytime driving even if there's only 1 other car on the road that's the a-hole.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #26
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
OP, I totally get it.

I've had luck by google searching "Darwin seatbelt eliminator"
Old 01-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #27
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I know there used to be a way to defeat it at least in Ford vehicles. It was some odd combo of with the car on but not running buckle the belt like 3 or 4 times and it would disable it. It was in the owners manual, but they may not have a way of disabling them anymore
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 01-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #28
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
On the right steering wheel control... press: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, mute, talk, SEL.

This code works on everything... trust me.

Closed Thread