Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 AM   #1
Bowty2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
ECS supercharger questions

I have posted on here a few times so forgive me if I ask too many questions lol. I have been looking into FI kits for quite some time and recently been looking at the ECS supercharger kit. I love the fact that the kit already comes with the race BOV and larger IC. My question is has anyone pushed this kit at all? All i could find on the forum is just baseline 8psi stock bolt on hp numbers. Has anyone made big power yet? Past 700whp? Any feedback would be amazing!
Bowty2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Maybe someone will reply but I would think the biggest limiting factor is almost always going to be the belt setup. I didn't look through their installation instructions, and couldn't really tell. If the belt has a lot of wrap around the crank and the jack shaft pulley, then I would imagine it will be capable of plenty. Provided most of it is 3" intake, then your next limit is the head/cam and of course the 1500
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #3
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostednut View Post
Maybe someone will reply but I would think the biggest limiting factor is almost always going to be the belt setup. I didn't look through their installation instructions, and couldn't really tell. If the belt has a lot of wrap around the crank and the jack shaft pulley, then I would imagine it will be capable of plenty. Provided most of it is 3" intake, then your next limit is the head/cam and of course the 1500
Biggest limiting factor is the fuel system. Almost any of these supercharger and turbo kits are easily good for 575+ WHP. But that’s where it stops until the high pressure pump, injectors, and in tank pump are changed. Once that is done a tune and pulley change can increase the power pretty significantly.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
Biggest limiting factor is the fuel system. Almost any of these supercharger and turbo kits are easily good for 575+ WHP. But that’s where it stops until the high pressure pump, injectors, and in tank pump are changed. Once that is done a tune and pulley change can increase the power pretty significantly.
I think anyone who's been on the forum understands that and was speaking directly to the kit limitations.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #5
Bowty2SS

I am looking at a perfect scenario where fuel isn’t an issue. What is PROVEN power that has actually been tested and pushed to its limits with this kit.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
As you've probably read - you need to state what your end goal is. Then you can figure out the best option. BOV, IC is nice and all, but are you going for sound/aesthetics or RWHP?
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:09 AM   #7
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
As you've probably read - you need to state what your end goal is. Then you can figure out the best option. BOV, IC is nice and all, but are you going for sound/aesthetics or RWHP?
He did state, he wants to see where he is limited at and what the max power is without changing anything other than the pulleys. He wants info from someone who has done it or experience with this system. I wish I could help but I am still learning all of this as well. I am currently looking over my options as I would like to add a supercharger in the next 2 years. I just need to figure out when is going to be the best time to do it and if I am going to have a shop do it for me. My goal is over 600 RWHP/RWTQ.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:28 AM   #8
Bowty2SS

End game whp would be 750 plus. I am ok with a quieter SC even tho I would prefer louder. I definitely want the race (loud) BOV sound. I just feel this package is really well built and a very good price point compared to procharger for what you get. I can even get the black hardware for under 6k, along with the race BOV and larger IC. Just want to make sure the kit is capable with proof of someone that has done it before I pull the trigger. There are gobs of examples of c7 ECS kits making my desired power with just the SC and alky. Maybe ECS will chime in....
Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #9
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
I can only speak from the 5th gen Camaro and some of the corvettes with the same head unit and they made well into the 700's and a few tickled 800. I don't know why this car cant do the same as long as the fuel system and pistons are addressed.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:07 AM   #10
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
i hit 600 with my ecs kit on stock fuel. my friend hit 700 with the addition of meth if that helps answer your question
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #11
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
I loved my ECS kit on my Vette not sure on the Camaro how well they go, I went Procharger. However I can say I made 675whp on a stock cube/forged LS1 with 317 heads. That Novi 1500 is a stout lil blower for sure. Thats 15psi and near maxed out IMO
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:37 AM   #12
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Here you go! 8 psi on my automatic 2016 SS. Also had Stage 2 cam, long tubes without CATs and 93 octane.

The "before" graph was with cam and long tubes on E85. So I picked up 21hp per pound of boost with my setup.

You might also note the blower pull was made in 5th gear and lifted at 6000 rpm while still climbing.

I already have the pulleys to max out the blower but haven't installed them yet. Need to add methanol at the same time. Just need to find the time to make it happen. Then I will have numbers with maxed out 1500 on 93 and E85 with methanol injection.
Attached Images

aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowty2SS View Post
I am looking at a perfect scenario where fuel isn’t an issue. What is PROVEN power that has actually been tested and pushed to its limits with this kit.
The supercharger will not be the limiter here ECS is well capable of over 700 RWHP.

The fuel system on the LT-1 cars will limit you to 570-590 RWHP no matter what supercharger or turbo system you use.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #14
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Since the OP's question is about pushing it, what the 1500SL can flow is not the only factor. Thus far it's unknown how hard the jackshaft setup on the 6G Camaro kit is capable of spinning the blower effectively. The Stingray kit has a different drive system, and therefore the claims for Stingray hp might not fully translate to the 6G Camaro kit.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote