Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-05-2022, 11:38 AM   #15
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post

What sucks is GM knows its an issue and has been from the beginning and should have a recall or extended coverage on it.
GM hasn't been the same since the bailout IMO. I've been a GM fan my whole life and still am, but their quality pre-2007 was leagues better. You can't kill an OBS/Cateye, meanwhile they're still using the 5.3 foundation over 20 years later and they're grenading now due to lifters. Still think they make the best looking trucks/suvs/muscle cars and the C8 is the nicest looking vehicle on the road IMO but when my AT4 started acting up I just called it quits on GM trucks and got a Raptor, knock on wood it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. My 2nd gen SS is still my favorite, but the shudder, wheel film peeling, and headliner falling apart at less than 10,000 miles in did not leave a good taste in my mouth.

When I traded it in, I had severe remorse, it actually came back to the dealership at 36K miles, I went and looked at it again, almost bought it back but walked, someone bought it the next week, I was sick again I waited, then my buddy at the dealership called me back and said I dodged a bullet, the dude that bought it got 5 miles down the road and the engine collapsed and was in the shop, had to be towed in.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote