Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #127
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Nobody likes the 6th gen. Sales have been down ever since the gen 5.5 because they decided to make the Camaro into an Integra or whatever the ****. Hopefully, it's just because everyone is waiting for the ZL1. :P
haha
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #128
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Very good month of September for Camaro, in fact, it is the second best selling September since the Camaro returned (Sept 2011 - 6994).

The year end incentives truly helped move the 2016s that had been sitting on lots for a long time. Begs the question, had GM set the price more competitively and advertised better from the beginning, would they have had to have such a big year end clearance on the 6th Gen?

PS, I own a Camaro.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #129
6spdhyperblue

imo the car is worth what they were asking, they are just in the middle of changing public perception where ppl would pay more for a BMW M2. which once you drop the stigma, is ludacris
Old 10-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #130
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It may be worth what they're asking.

The problem is that the demographic that normally buys a Camaro and GM has traditionally targeted with the Camaro..IE the younger blue collar/professional, seems to be struggling with the price that is being asked for the SS.

The Camaro should not try to be a BMW, or "changing the public perception"..it's a Camaro, and it always will be.

GM has a M2 fighter in the ATS-V..the Camaro shouldn't try to be all things for all people.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #131
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

The problem is that the demographic that normally buys a Camaro and GM has traditionally targeted with the Camaro..IE the younger blue collar/professional, seems to be struggling with the price that is being asked for the SS.

The Camaro should not try to be a BMW, or "changing the public perception"..it's a Camaro, and it always will be.

GM has a M2 fighter in the ATS-V..the Camaro shouldn't try to be all things for all people.
whether they should or shouldn't, they are working on winning some of that market share. you can see the target audience has shifted from years past.
isnt the ATS-V the M3 fighter tho?

from what is see the M3/M4 goes after two audiences. one that wants luxury-performance, then those that want performance...you can lump the M2 ppl in there too.
the ATS-V goes for the luxury/perf and the camaro offers the performance component with a much more attractive price.

also different than before, quality isn't compromised with price. they are able to keep luxury and quality seperate categories.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #132
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

It seems more and more the Camaro is being setup to be the replacement for what was the Corvette's market prior to the C7, at least in SS trim. If the C8 is indeed MR (and significantly higher in price as expected), then it will confirm this. The new ZR1 will be the final note on a FR Corvette, and set the bar for the MR C8. It's just guessing on my part but seems to explain some of the "weird" decisions with we have seen with the 6th gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
whether they should or shouldn't, they are working on winning some of that market share. you can see the target audience has shifted from years past.
isnt the ATS-V the M3 fighter tho?

Really the M2 was supposed to "fix" the M4 disappointments. So who know what the M3/4 actually goes against since there are now a host of cars that are better in all respects to it.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #133
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
It seems more and more the Camaro is being setup to be the replacement for what was the Corvette's market prior to the C7, at least in SS trim. If the C8 is indeed MR (and significantly higher in price as expected), then it will confirm this. The new ZR1 will be the final note on a FR Corvette, and set the bar for the MR C8. It's just guessing on my part but seems to explain some of the "weird" decisions with we have seen with the 6th gen.

Really the M2 was supposed to "fix" the M4 disappointments. So who know what the M3/4 actually goes against since there are now a host of cars that are better in all respects to it.

If that is the case I think that is a huge mistake. Sorry I know you guys love your camaros but it is NOT a corvette. As someone who has dreamed of owning a brand new vette if it does move up market with a MR C8, and they expect the Camaro SS to "fill" that void where the Stingray was sorry, not going to get my money.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:36 PM   #134
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Worldwide sales are small regardless. Camaro just started limited worldwide sales too.

The worldwide sales are insignificant in any case...

Mustang -"4,700 are now in customer hands in Europe.

Several significant markets, including United Kingdom, began selling Mustang in the fourth quarter. Total sales there top 3,500 cars, with the first 1,000 pony cars delivered to customers in March.

In Germany, Mustang was the best-selling sports coupe in March, according to data published by German Federal Motor Transport Authority, KBA. Despite relatively high gas prices, the 5.0-liter V8 is the No. 1 engine choice in Germany. The country also has the highest international take-rate for the convertible model, with one in three sales.

Mustang was the best-selling sports coupe last month in France, according to data from the Association Auxilliaire de l’Automobile. Ford sold 339 Mustangs in France in first-quarter 2016.

Incremental sales in South Africa, Cyprus and Malta are helping boost Mustang volume."
The trend in Europe doesn't seem to agree with you.

Mustang vs Camaro Sales in Europe

2014 YTD
556 Mustang
932 Camaro

2015 YTD
4,710 Mustang
367 Camaro

2016 YTD August
11,383 Mustang
317 Camaro
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #135
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
If that is the case I think that is a huge mistake. Sorry I know you guys love your camaros but it is NOT a corvette. As someone who has dreamed of owning a brand new vette if it does move up market with a MR C8, and they expect the Camaro SS to "fill" that void where the Stingray was sorry, not going to get my money.
I understand where you are coming from but ask yourself, what makes it not a Corvette besides the name?

Performance is currently within 9/10, sure it's still considered a 2+2 but don't think that matters to anyone except insurance companies. Changing peoples perception of it is really the only obstacle. But that's always a slow process.

This is all just conjecture anyway. For all we know the MR Corvette could be a separate model until to itself.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #136
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from but ask yourself, what makes it not a Corvette besides the name?

Performance is currently within 9/10, sure it's still considered a 2+2 but don't think that matters to anyone except insurance companies. Changing peoples perception of it is really the only obstacle. But that's always a slow process.

This is all just conjecture anyway. For all we know the MR Corvette could be a separate model until to itself.
I think you answered your own question.

People keep saying "It's just a Camaro, and will never be seen in the same category as a BMW", "It's not a Corvette, it is just a Camaro and always will be".

Some people are all about the name plate and the perceived "prestige". I don't get it myself, give me 90% of what those offer at a much lower price and I couldn't be happier.

When I am zipping around in my car with a smile on my face, I promise you that I am not thinking "man I wish this had a Corvette or BMW badge on it".
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #137
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Mostly just that it isn't one. Performance metrics don't make it a Corvette any more than the Corvette's amazing performance metrics make it a McLaren.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #138
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

Um the fact that it is a Camaro and not a Corvette. It doesn't have the look of a corvette(Which IMO the Corvette styling blows away the Camaro), it's not a sports car, it doesn't have some of the Corvette features, and it's a pony car.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #139
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Um the fact that it is a Camaro and not a Corvette. It doesn't have the look of a corvette(Which IMO the Corvette styling blows away the Camaro), it's not a sports car, it doesn't have some of the Corvette features, and it's a pony car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Mostly just that it isn't one. Performance metrics don't make it a Corvette any more than the Corvette's amazing performance metrics make it a McLaren.
Guys you are thinking too much about what is right now. Will the MR C8 look like a Corvette? Probably not as much. It'll also be priced way outside of the typical Vette market and some will probably feel MR is sacrilege to it's history (remember Zora wanted it to be MR). The Corvette didn't just appear one day have all the stuff that makes it what it is today to you did it?

And BTW I didn't say the Camaro was going to replace it...just target the market which Corvette has been growing out of for awhile, the ones who want an affordable world class sports car but actually don't really care about track performance. If the MR C8 is the only one and costs close $100k, where are all those buyers going to go? They aren't moving that far up in the market.

Also I'm not saying I want this to happen too. I'd prefer a standalone model.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #140
Omar1

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Now I can buy a Camaro and tell everyone that it outsells the Mustang.

Phew! I was getting concerned that having the better performance of the Camaro wasn't going to be enough to overcome the stigma of less sales volumes, but now...now it's ok.
I think this discussion can end with this..