Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
Geebus

Drives: 2014 Accord EX-L V6 6MT
2017 Wish List

Hello all,

Let me begin by saying that a 2017 2SS will be my next car regardless of if anything on this list happens or not. I'm in Canada and if you want a sports car in the 50K CDN range, it's a no-brainer as GM has done such a phenomenonal job. Doesn't hurt to ask though right? :p

These are all relatively minor changes as I'm sure they're not going to do anything drastic. Let me know if I've missed anything and congratulations on your new rides, they all look amazing and are making me even more impatient!

New standard spoiler on the SS: I know that there will likely be optional extras but a standard redesign of the spoiler might be nice considering it seems to be the one thing that people (myself included)aren't a fan of. Blade spoiler if we're lucky.

Front sensors: I've never driven a Camaro before but if the visibility is as bad as publicized, I'd rather not take too many chances.

Skip shift eliminator from the factory: I realize it's a minor fix but I plan to lease the car for work and I'd rather not tinker with it too much as you're not really supposed to on a lease.

Black convertible wheels as an option on the coupe: I live in Vancouver where I'd realistically be able to have the top down about 3 months out of the year due to temperature or rain. Someone posted the black vert wheels on their coupe and it looked awesome, I'd love to have that as an option.

LED front turn signals: Not a huge deal but I always think they have a very upscale look to them. Even the Accord sedan's refresh which integrated LED turn signals up front made it look much more expensive.

Anything I missed?

Cheers
Geebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Don't have my car yet, but...

Better visibility. I've read every review in the first 4 pages of google search results. They all gush over the car except for the visibility. So fix it. The "style / function" tradeoff went too far to "style". Move it back a a bit, and you'd get perfect reviews.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Geebus

I'm in the same boat, as I'm currently going on what I've read instead of what I've seen first-hand. I'd be interested to hear your impressions once you receive your car as sometimes car magazines have the tendency to embellish.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #4
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebus View Post
Hello all,

Let me begin by saying that a 2017 2SS will be my next car regardless of if anything on this list happens or not. I'm in Canada and if you want a sports car in the 50K CDN range, it's a no-brainer as GM has done such a phenomenonal job. Doesn't hurt to ask though right? :p

These are all relatively minor changes as I'm sure they're not going to do anything drastic. Let me know if I've missed anything and congratulations on your new rides, they all look amazing and are making me even more impatient!

New standard spoiler on the SS: I know that there will likely be optional extras but a standard redesign of the spoiler might be nice considering it seems to be the one thing that people (myself included)aren't a fan of. Blade spoiler if we're lucky.

Front sensors: I've never driven a Camaro before but if the visibility is as bad as publicized, I'd rather not take too many chances.

Skip shift eliminator from the factory: I realize it's a minor fix but I plan to lease the car for work and I'd rather not tinker with it too much as you're not really supposed to on a lease.

Black convertible wheels as an option on the coupe: I live in Vancouver where I'd realistically be able to have the top down about 3 months out of the year due to temperature or rain. Someone posted the black vert wheels on their coupe and it looked awesome, I'd love to have that as an option.

LED front turn signals: Not a huge deal but I always think they have a very upscale look to them. Even the Accord sedan's refresh which integrated LED turn signals up front made it look much more expensive.

Anything I missed?

Cheers
all fine, but can I ask you to expand on the skip shift eliminator...I mean are you willing to pay gas guzzler tax then?

Look, even if you are why would GM defeat its own technology from the factory?

I guess i'm not following the thought process on that one.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Since this thread seems to be more of a wish list with unrealistic expectations, like the wish for a redesign of the car in its 2nd model year for better visibility, I may as well go ham with this one:

800 HP engine that beats the Hellcat. The engine will somehow run on hydrogen combustion and will maintain a very aggressive exhaust note, while achieving somewhere around 200 miles per gallon. The tires will self-heal after every burnout. Speaking of burn-outs, it will come with a line lock. The car will come with advanced racing bucket seats that offer good comfort and support, while freeing up several of inches of interior space, making the rear seats a place that a living adult human can actually occupy. The HUD will be upgraded to a much more advanced system like the one shown in the Need for Speed movie. It will have have a better power-to-weight ratio than the Koenigsegg One:1. It will come with additional electric motors so it can be run on electricity only or given a 200 Horsepower boost in combination with the primary ICE engine. If the car is in an accident or sustains any form of damage, GM will automatically replace the damaged part free of charge with a superior upgrade of some sort. It'll be the first car ever made not to require any form of insurance. Impact with the car at any speed will be non-lethal for both occupants and pedestrians — it will feel like a light tickle. The car will come with a hands-free megaphone to blast messages to other drivers.

And I guess if the trunk had a few more cubic inches of usable space, that would be kind of cool too.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
Geebus

Ah, good point but in Canada we don't have the same taxes. We have something called a green levy where you get a break on really fuel efficient cars but really nothing to separate a skip shift Camaro vs a non skip shift Camaro.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Since this thread seems to be more of a wish list with unrealistic expectations, like the wish for a redesign of the car in its 2nd model year for better visibility, I may as well go ham with this one:

800 HP engine that beats the Hellcat. The engine will somehow run on hydrogen combustion and will maintain a very aggressive exhaust note, while achieving somewhere around 200 miles per gallon. The tires will self-heal after every burnout. Speaking of burn-outs, it will come with a line lock. The car will come with advanced racing bucket seats that offer good comfort and support, while freeing up several of inches of interior space, making the rear seats a place that a living adult human can actually occupy. The HUD will be upgraded to a much more advanced system like the one shown in the Need for Speed movie. It will have have a better power-to-weight ratio than the Koenigsegg One:1. It will come with additional electric motors so it can be run on electricity only or given a 200 Horsepower boost in combination with the primary ICE engine. If the car is in an accident or sustains any form of damage, GM will automatically replace the damaged part free of charge with a superior upgrade of some sort. It'll be the first car ever made not to require any form of insurance. Impact with the car at any speed will be non-lethal for both occupants and pedestrians — it will feel like a light tickle. The car will come with a hands-free megaphone to blast messages to other drivers.

And I guess if the trunk had a few more cubic inches of usable space, that would be kind of cool too.
I wish for a genie bottle effect, small from the outside, but when you get in, it's a palace.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #8
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
all fine, but can I ask you to expand on the skip shift eliminator...I mean are you willing to pay gas guzzler tax then?

Look, even if you are why would GM defeat its own technology from the factory?

I guess i'm not following the thought process on that one.
skip shift is to avoid the gas guzzler tax - maybe that doesn't apply to cars sold in Canada (who knows?). You can easy put the eliminator on and then take off when lease is up.
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Txfan View Post
skip shift is to avoid the gas guzzler tax - maybe that doesn't apply to cars sold in Canada (who knows?). You can easy put the eliminator on and then take off when lease is up.
If GM doesn't need to abide by CAFE for Canada...then I suppose making a non-CAGS (?) model would be cool.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
Geebus

Totally correct C5Txfan, it doesn't apply here. I've never had the eliminator before so didn't realize it's as easy as just removing it prior to ending the lease. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #11
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I would like to see a different spoiler, Performance Data Recorder (PDR), and the electronic differentail (eDiff).
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #12
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
I would like to see a different hood for the SS! I just don't like those vents. I would also like to have some sort of striping (probably aftermarket) and those vents mess with every idea that I have!!! Not a deal breaker, just not a huge fan of the vents.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #13
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Just give me an 1LE package and I will be good...

Or at least a decent wheel/tire package with a wider set up and non run flats an option...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #14
DMC75

Drives: 2016 Black M6 2SS NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Seriously... In that vein, i would like third row seating and an eat in kitchen...
DMC75 is offline   Reply With Quote