Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #15
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilone View Post
All valid points, but I am going to roll the dice. It's a new car, but things have come a long way.. I would expect to have some minor issues/bugs, but being in the industry it's not a deal breaker. Now bear in mind, there will be all the nit-pickers out there that will come in, having a fit, all because their car makes a tiny squeak noise, at 47 mph, but only with a headwind, and only when on certain roads, and only in the morning, and only once a week, and they want to sit and wait and want an answer in 45 minutes...
I wouldn't worry about getting one of the firsts. Like I said, most of the important stuff (engine, transmission, etc) is already being used in other cars. Plus, you have the benefit of working as a service manager at a Chevy dealer. Pretty soon, you can tell us when the best time to buy is.

The new SS might be just what you are looking for, if you want a daily driver that you can track ocasionally. That is just what the SS is deisgned for!

What color are you going to get?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #16
jpilone

Drives: '16 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I wouldn't worry about getting one of the firsts. Like I said, most of the important stuff (engine, transmission, etc) is already being used in other cars. Plus, you have the benefit of working as a service manager at a Chevy dealer. Pretty soon, you can tell us when the best time to buy is.

The new SS might be just what you are looking for, if you want a daily driver that you can track ocasionally. That is just what the SS is deisgned for!

What color are you going to get?
White most likely, and if it's not available at first, it'll be sort of a 1LE lookalike.. Definitely black wheels, but the hood will be blacked out, and red calipers. It won't stay stock, it's not in my nature. I won't do any suspension mods since it'll be getting MRC, but I am sure it'll find beefier aftermarket swaybars.

I will not modify the engine in any way, that's for sure. It will get multi-mode exhaust though.
jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #17
jpilone

So, it's been a while since I have been on here.

When we got our first 2016 in, I sat in it, and I did not feel... well... best way I can put it.. "Ergonomically fitting" in the car. It just didn't feel like my body was designed to fit comfortably in it. I didn't like the HVAC outlets directly in front of the shifter, I didn't like the rearward slope on the infotainment screen, and I didn't like the seats and their lack of side bolstering..

So I stuck to what I know, and I ordered and received a 2016 Mustang GT. I ordered it to my liking, with recaros, and LOVE IT..

However, with the unveiling of the 1LE, I may have to jump ship... I will not consider it until I can sit in one...

Let the flaming begin!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #18
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Traitor, you shall be shot. No just kidding, the new Mustang is a hot Pony/Muscle car too. I think you should buy both. LOL. Have fun with your new Mustang.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #19
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Welcome! Sounds like the SS 1LE is perfect for you!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #20
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:

When we got our first 2016 in, I sat in it, and I did not feel... well... best way I can put it.. "Ergonomically fitting" in the car. It just didn't feel like my body was designed to fit comfortably in it. I didn't like the HVAC outlets directly in front of the shifter, I didn't like the rearward slope on the infotainment screen, and I didn't like the seats and their lack of side bolstering..

So I stuck to what I know, and I ordered and received a 2016 Mustang GT. I ordered it to my liking, with recaros, and LOVE IT..

However, with the unveiling of the 1LE, I may have to jump ship... I will not consider it until I can sit in one...

Let the flaming begin!
patience rewards those that wait. shoulda waited.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #21
jpilone

As I can't leave anything stock, I did some tasteful mods to my S550... And it saw track time 1/30. It did great!
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #22
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
From someone that bought one of the early gen 5 cars, as much as I love this new car, I will be waiting a few years til they get the bugs worked out. Also they will probably offer more track capable models by then. Just a suggestion. Welcome to the forums!
can you please be specific and articulate your woes? It would be much appreciated...
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #23
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
whoops didn't know there was thread necromancy going on
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:53 PM   #24
jpilone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
can you please be specific and articulate your woes? It would be much appreciated...
1. Hit my head getting in and out unless I'm real careful, have the same issue with the 5th gen Camaro.
2. The open gap in the "hood" above the instrument cluster seems like an oddball design to me, but livable.
3. I do not like the rearward slant of the mylink screen. I can assume it's for prevention of sunlight interference since there is no overhang protection above the screen
4. AC controls in a weird spot, just feels weird reaching around the shifter for it (I've tried this on auto and manual cars here at work).
5. Visbility.. Well, we won't go there.. (inherent with the design, not a deal breaker for me).
6. The seats are comfy, but lack bolstering for any type of safe or secure feeling for track days.

Pros:

1. Good looking car
2. Great drivetrain/suspension/brakes
3. NPP exhaust, 'nuff said.
4. Mylink radio/apple carplay
Old 02-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #25
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Quote:

Let the flaming begin!
So how much *&^%$ are you getting from your co-workers?
Nice looking mustang by the way. When you said tracking I thought of drag racing. But I see you are doing some real racing
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #26
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
If you are going to track it and have the $$$ to expend, I believe the new 1LE coming out would be a great choice.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #27
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Good looking mustang

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #28
jpilone

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&M CAMARO 6 View Post
So how much *&^%$ are you getting from your co-workers?
Nice looking mustang by the way. When you said tracking I thought of drag racing. But I see you are doing some real racing
My prior car was a Competition Orange 2004 Mach 1, so they are used to it. Actually got quite a lot of compliments on my color/option choices for the car.

Yeah, real racing. Drag racing is fun, but track days are where it's at! 30 minutes per session on a road course, 4-5x a day. Yes please!