Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Trying to decide on 2016 or wait for LE SS

I test drove the SS 1 6 speed loved everything about it , maybe don't love the spoiler , can't help but wonder if I should wait for 2017 LE edition seems like that kind of car could use some performance upgrades to reach its full potential ,also my rule of thumb is usually don't buy first year cars, I also love the tail on the pics of the 2017 much more classic but I wonder if that car will be a harder daily driver if its track dominant I do plan to take it to the track but not soley for that.. what are your thoughts ?
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
My thought? Use more punctuation. I tried three times to read that.
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
And I'd get a 16 and put bigger wheels on it. But I value the more drivable SS over the stiffer 1LE. The SS is stiff enough as it is.
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
If you are going to daily drive it and want the creature comforts...than the 2SS is probably better suited for you. Not to mention the standard SS seems like quite a track beast already. However I'm just guessing the 1LE will cost about 5-6k, which will put it right in line with a 2SS as far as price, since it is only optioned on the 1SS.

Side note: you know you have the option to put the same blade spoiler on the SS now for I believe about $600.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
If you are going to daily drive it and want the creature comforts...than the 2SS is probably better suited for you. Not to mention the standard SS seems like quite a track beast already. However I'm just guessing the 1LE will cost about 5-6k, which will put it right in line with a 2SS as far as price, since it is only optioned on the 1SS.

Side note: you know you have the option to put the same blade spoiler on the SS now for I believe about $600.
So I can put the spoiler thats on the 2017? I hate the one on it now, I really appreciate the input I figured it might be a more drivable car vs the LE? I might even just do the SS1 get cloth seats and add navigation to save money .

what options on a 1 ss or 2 ss would you recommend without going overboard?

I really liked magnetic ride

I like the different sport modes

I like the upgrade apple link

as far as brembo brakes etc go I have to say i probably don't need it

I def want dual exhaust

think best budget bang and yes I kind of want the 2ss the leather is great but wonder if I am bette suited keeping under 40grand?

awesome advice guys!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #6
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idiocracy View Post
And I'd get a 16 and put bigger wheels on it. But I value the more drivable SS over the stiffer 1LE. The SS is stiff enough as it is.
great advice I really need input!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:56 PM   #7
formoutofchaos

So when I add navigation, dual exhaust , and magnetic ride to a 1SS comes about 39K,
If I add 2ss to get leather seats and magnetic ride and blade spoiler comes to about 43K, thats where I figure the point in between is the LE 2017 which gets all of that
Old 02-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #8
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I thought about that until I read the wing, splitter, and other 1LE parts would be available soon. I love the 1LE wheels too!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #9
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I think the spoiler as an option on the 2016 is on hold right now. One of the members put it on his SS and there was a hole left exposed on the lid. It works on the LT models, but not the SS right now. Here is the thread: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ighlight=Blade
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #10
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I want the eDiff, but it looks like that won't be available. I understand why though.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #11
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
In a year there will be more aftermarket offerings for things like spoilers and other options.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:28 PM   #12
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
So I can put the spoiler thats on the 2017? I hate the one on it now, I really appreciate the input I figured it might be a more drivable car vs the LE? I might even just do the SS1 get cloth seats and add navigation to save money .

what options on a 1 ss or 2 ss would you recommend without going overboard?

I really liked magnetic ride

I like the different sport modes

I like the upgrade apple link

as far as brembo brakes etc go I have to say i probably don't need it

I def want dual exhaust

think best budget bang and yes I kind of want the 2ss the leather is great but wonder if I am bette suited keeping under 40grand?

awesome advice guys!
I thought through setting up my car for weeks. I spent a lot of time on it. Without knowing what is important to you, your priorities and how you intend to use the vehicle it is difficult to offer you any advice. I'll walk you thought some of what I thought about. I have a new very loaded 2SS and I am absolutely thrilled with it. What I picked and am very happy with may not be a good set up for you. I did not get the 6 piston brake upgrade bc I probably don't need it and can always add it later (unlike MRC, which you can't add later). I love the tech features the 2SS trim level offers and the leather interior. For me the 2SS trim is worth every penny. I also got MRC and NPP but for very different reasons. Coupled with the four drive modes (Tour, Sport, Track & Snow and Ice) the MRC delivers a better ride and driving experience regardless of where I am going or how I chose to drive that day. That is value of the money. The NPP does nothing for performance but is off the charts in the cool category. So, I got that too. Think through the options and what each means to you and how you use your vehicle. There is no one right answer for everyone. Good luck. Id like to hear what you end up doing.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #13
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
I thought through setting up my car for weeks. I spent a lot of time on it. Without knowing what is important to you, your priorities and how you intend to use the vehicle it is difficult to offer you any advice. I'll walk you thought some of what I thought about. I have a new very loaded 2SS and I am absolutely thrilled with it. What I picked and am very happy with may not be a good set up for you. I did not get the 6 piston brake upgrade bc I probably don't need it and can always add it later (unlike MRC, which you can't add later). I love the tech features the 2SS trim level offers and the leather interior. For me the 2SS trim is worth every penny. I also got MRC and NPP but for very different reasons. Coupled with the four drive modes (Tour, Sport, Track & Snow and Ice) the MRC delivers a better ride and driving experience regardless of where I am going or how I chose to drive that day. That is value of the money. The NPP does nothing for performance but is off the charts in the cool category. So, I got that too. Think through the options and what each means to you and how you use your vehicle. There is no one right answer for everyone. Good luck. Id like to hear what you end up doing.
Firstly I have to say I am just absolutely in love with those new chicago car show pics someone posted here the interior the two tone hood etc, but I am strongly considering what you all have been saying here regarding the price point, and harder to daily drive as an LE

Im not gonna race every light some daily driving will ensue, but I plan to push the car a bit, weekend trips windy roads, blow away some foreign cars and some mustangs.

I do plan to get involved on the amateur track, some straight away and some tracks I would like to make it a hobby if I'm going to treat myself with this car

The salesman said I can see why you want that car LE he was Impressed with my ability to hit the corners down shift hard and he let me really push the car .

I mean I really enjoyed just the 1 SS, I definitely need dual exhaust MRC made the car very forgiving * I'm in georgia for grad school near atlanta and the STREETS ARE THE WORST IN THE WORLD.

I would want the diff track sport modes, Not sure if I need the extra navigation if one can just link to iPhone instead?

I want the blade spoiler

Not sure about Brembo brakes , Kind of think I want the leather on the 2SS it was truly beautiful ... I do find the 1 SS with suede Recaro seats looked nice on those pics LE.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:24 AM   #14
formoutofchaos

my other rule of thumb in life is I rarely ever bought the first year of a car design