Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
While i would never do that I can understand. When my Jeep was new, had less that 6k miles on it, I was stting in it getting ready leave a store when some guy and his kids go to get in the car beside me. His kid slams their door in my right rear door hard enough i knew there was at least a scrat. Guy looks at my vehicle gets in his and drives off. I get out and sure enough there was a small chip in the paint. it really teed me off.......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
There was a guy at work that parks like that in his Dodge Caliber, lol. He stopped when we all started parking super close to him in our Silverado's. Someone would park literally 4 inches off from his driverside door so he'd have to climb in through the passenger door.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
Redvert13ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Red, 2011 Synergy Red
It sounds like most of you are being the aggressive ones trying to block some guy in who doesn't want to have anyone parking close to him. I can see that if there are very limited parking spaces and its busy then of course the guy is out of line. But if the parking lot has a lot of spaces and he is far in the back then leave the guy alone. Why try to make a point if its obvious that he wants no one around the car. I would be careful trying to park so close to some one who is that particular you may come out and have no valve cores in your valve stems. Then who would get the last laugh.... IMO
2013 ZL1 Red Convertible black wheels leather wheel and stick 1 of 118.... 2011 2SS RS Synergy Series package A and B Red 1 of 30 known to exist...1995 Z28 396 Stroker T56 373 headers Borla unibody connects C5 wagon wheels...2010 CBR1000RR power commander two brothers...2001 Step Side Silverado 6.0 4L60E 2010 17" wheels DD

Adrenalin Junkie DNA
Redvert13ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
sizl1
Account Not Suspеndеd

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvert13ZL1 View Post
It sounds like most of you are being the aggressive ones trying to block some guy in who doesn't want to have anyone parking close to him. I can see that if there are very limited parking spaces and its busy then of course the guy is out of line. But if the parking lot has a lot of spaces and he is far in the back then leave the guy alone. Why try to make a point if its obvious that he wants no one around the car. I would be careful trying to park so close to some one who is that particular you may come out and have no valve cores in your valve stems. Then who would get the last laugh.... IMO
because some people have an inner nazi just waiting to impose rules on others.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvert13ZL1 View Post
We all can understand what you are saying, but in the first post:

Quote:
it's in an high volume area where there aren't many spaces up front..
I have no problem with people parking sideways or crooked when they are out in no-mans-land in a huge lot.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I'm assuming the ZL1 and upcoming Z/28 guys would disagree on that point.
My comment was meant with extreme sarcasm.

Car culture is a funny thing. I've known dudes that have super rare cars and treat them like garbage. Yet a high schooler that dumps all of his money into his civic treats it like the most important possession in the world.
DesertCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
My comment was meant with extreme sarcasm.

Car culture is a funny thing. I've known dudes that have super rare cars and treat them like garbage. Yet a high schooler that dumps all of his money into his civic treats it like the most important possession in the world.
No, I hear ya. Forums need [SARCASM][/SARCASM] tags. My post would also have had them.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #22
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
No, I hear ya. Forums need [SARCASM][/SARCASM] tags. My post would also have had them.
Haha right on.
DesertCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
The guy parked like an a-hole but what engine's under the hood has nothing to do with this.
I agree, That was very uncalled for.

That very well be the nicest car that person has ever been able to own and he is probably very proud of it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
Princess1
White Wizard

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS LT
When I first got my Camaro I took up a couple of spaces once and then thought about it drawing more attention and angry people. LOL I started parking like the White Camaro at the last spot and far to the curb without touching it. I learned the hard way when I hit the curb once pulling in too fast.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Yeah, not a popular choice, I would never. But, what possesses some to do that is beyond me.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #26
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
They're just painted lines on private property. As was mentioned earlier, if the P/L is full then play by the rules and park nice, within the lines - that is common courtesy.

If it's a big lot with little traffic, then WGARA except the OCD folks that are self-compelled to stay within the lines and go nuts when others don't.
The problem is the OCD folks are the ones that are gonna exact retribution for your temerity of not following their interpretation of the rules.

Rant over
Flame on

Last edited by RiCorvette; 10-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #27
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess1 View Post
When I first got my Camaro I took up a couple of spaces once and then thought about it drawing more attention and angry people. LOL I started parking like the White Camaro at the last spot and far to the curb without touching it. I learned the hard way when I hit the curb once pulling in too fast.
If you're worried about drawing attention, I'd ditch the pink wheels
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Are the dimensions on the v8 and v6 different? He's parking the shell not the engine. Get over it already.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote