Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #15
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
i gave every opportunity to have this fixed i wanted it off my car but i got no where i didn't want to do this but but arguing with me that the interior was fine and can be cleaned off was to much and thinking that the coating was up to par, even now they still think it was done perfectly I've had 5 shops inspect it and hey all agree it was applied poorly had they admitted there mistakes I wouldn't of done this I'm tired of the back and forth with them the car is toast in my eyes for my standards... so its going back in. still getting emails and such maybe increase your precision and craftsmanship and customer service
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:05 AM   #16
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerAS View Post
I definitely don't have the eye for this sort of things, but I personally wouldn't use the term ruined. That's not to discredit your point or the job you day they did. I do however see the alcantara looks like it doesn't feel like it should. Hope you get the results you're looking for though.
Agree. Plus alcantara pieces will look like a tattered mess in 1 - 2 yrs if not sooner-- see cts-v reference.
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #17
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Looks like more than one product on top of each other.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #18
mojman2001

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS2
I only use my dealership to do detail work, atleast they cant hide from you. Plus if the detail shop manager doesnt want talk, i can just walk over and speak to the General Manager. But ive had my done twice from them and both time was perfect(the last time had too, when forgetting that you have half gallon milk in the trunk ��)
mojman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #19
formoutofchaos

they think they are gonna sue me for slander and loss of business! i gave every opportunity to settle!!! nothing i am showing is not truth!!!!! guess they don't know my Gpa was deputy attorney general of california! this is getting ugly , I just won't let my new car get ruined!
Old 03-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #20
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #21
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
they think they are gonna sue me for slander and loss of business! i gave every opportunity to settle!!! nothing i am showing is not truth!!!!! guess they don't know my Gpa was deputy attorney general of california! this is getting ugly , I just won't let my new car get ruined!
Freedom of speech, as I understand they are a business that claims to offer a professional service in applying protective coatings to help protect your vehicle and to enhance its apperence as well to help retain your vehicles current condition, it seems this was not the case concerning your vehicle, in fact they applied a product or products that damaged and or devalued your vehicle.
That raises questions to if they are trained properly or certified to cunduct this type of business as they claim they are professional installers of such products. If not I would consider that misleading or fraudulent. I suppose they did not even try to offer to correct or make this right for you. I would be very upset my self and would also come here and vent and ask questions on what to do to help correct the damage they did. I hope you get this sorted out for the better.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #22
Nothwinds

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro
Damn, I feel for ya man! I have found some of the best ****ing's in life, you don't even get your pants down!
Nothwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #23
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
No Justice. No Peace.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #24
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2ss
I have to same coating on my car. No issues at all. Car looks like wet all the time.Love it!! Don't know what's going on with your interior. I am not a expert at all and i would of told them not to use that stuff in the interior.

Last edited by Turtle 2ss; 03-13-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Turtle 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #25
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Small claims court. They should pay for ANOTHER shop to fully remove , polish and reseal the car with the product of your choice. The company that supplied the coating, its not their fault, its the people who applied it.

ETA: The outside of your car can no doubt be fixed.... the inside, im not sure. A good detail shop should be able to help you out. Get a quote to get the car fixed from another shop, the best one you can find. Then go to court with that quote. Bring plenty of pictures etc.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:07 AM   #26
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Not to hurt your feelings but the car is not ruined. It's really not that bad but I understand where you're coming from. You paid handsomely for something and got the exact opposite.

You don't have any problems with Slander unless you say something that is untrue. So keep it to how it's affected your car, not 'the product sucks, etc.' Your video speaks for itself. I'd go the route of estimates for a complete fix, interior and exterior and then head off to small claims or civil. I don't think they're going to care too much that your grandfather was in the legal world 5 states away though. I might leave that card in the deck. You may want to seek an attorney and include legal costs in your claim though - which you can usually only do in superior civil court.

Hope you get things corrected. I feel for you. On the upside, I think it's mostly visible to the owner. Still a gorgeous car.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #27
formoutofchaos

well, they are threatening to sue me via the company , and the detailing company all for what I would consider 4-5k in damage. My choice is to stay and fight to protect feee speech? and my consumer rights ? or take on two companies? drag this out with more expensive legal fees !! than original damage! this is complete BS Part of me wants to completely go public and document this! rather than fix my car they would rather sue me! nice
Old 03-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #28
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
How could they sue you? For what reasons? They obviously know they are in the wrong and threatening to sure you is thier way of hoping you just go away. If they messed up you vehicle then they should at least to offer to make it right. If not then maybe you should at least go talk to a lawyer and explain exactly what has happened and take it from there.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote