Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #113
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
my wife and I both have Camaros but the one I drive and pay for has the same rules as the op and no damages. the one without the rules has suffered 2 ripped leather seats thanks to ed hardy and loads of scratches from people who ride that don't know the door has a handle. I always tell my passengers and techs that work on the car to lift their feet over the rocker panel, don't crush my seat side bolsters getting in or out and use the window to close the door as it wipes off easy and will never scratch like the paint around the door handle does.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #114
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSS10 View Post
Whit all due respect to the OP.. you can come across as being somewhat of a jerk.. It's just a car man we all love to keep our cars clean but family comes first.. I have a 3 year old he loves riding with me, when he tells me daddy I'm hungry what I'm I suppose to say oh no son wait till we get home because I don't want you to get daddy's car dirty... Not gonna happen... Not trying to be rude OP just my opinion.
I would tell him to wait and explain how important it is to keep what you bought nice, you don't want to have grease, fry salt and ketchup all over the interior and that he wont starve to death in the ride home from mcdonalds. not to mention safety as you could hit a bump and he could choke on a fry. as a kid my brother and I were not allowed to eat in my parents cars and that's where I learned to respect and care for my vehicles.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #115
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Wouldn't even let a kid eat in my house. Screw that, go in the back yard. And if we were on the road I would be happy to pull over and let him/her have a little picnic on the side of the road.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #116
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
No food or beverage in the car and don't shut the door using the glass are my rules.
I clean it I make the rules
Old 08-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #117
redsled

Drives: 2013 ss/1le
after your flingers and the whole mess of pizza shooters, you and the old lady can, "break in" the interior with the same, drive it like you stole it philosophy as some put on the drive train. then you will be all good
redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #118
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i leave my girlfriend out of my car, and we take hers!!!! now, hows that??
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #119
1SexySS

Drives: 2012 Triple BLK 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i leave my girlfriend out of my car, and we take hers!!!! now, hows that??

I'm thinkin if she ever finds out that's why you take her car, you'll be looking for a new girlfriend!!

Unless, of course, she has a nicer Camaro than yours!!
1SexySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #120
Rob3D

Drives: Car
I like your rules, mine are similar. My wife has rules about her barn/horses some might think to be strict. If you love and respect each other, the rules aren't to much to ask. As a matter of fact, my wife makes sure there's a paper mat on the floor when she rides. She does that on her own, so thanks hon.

And anyone that says "it's just a car", will never understand. .
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #121
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
It's not only a car to me because I don't spend my money or time on just anything. I don't car if it's not a ugly bugatti or anything else that's more expensive .If I had a bugatti or any other car that cost more , I wouldnt be strict with it because thats not what i wanted I bought what I wanted . So, I will have strict rules because I bought it with my strict money.:thumbsu

I put my everything into what I am passionate about and a Bugatti isn't one. Plus, it isn't just a camaro because the name didn't make me love it or passionate about it.

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 08-29-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #122
Michael2000

Drives: .
I have the same rules. It's only common sense if you want your car to look good beyond 6 months. She can do what ever she wants in her car, and if she doesn't like my rules, then we can go in her car. I will let her have plain water, but that's it. Also, I am going to park out in the middle of nowhere so it doesn't get hit.

I set the rules right from the beginning, so they don't get into bad habits.

And please don't pretend women don't have their rules. They do, usually regarding the inside of the house. Her rules make sense for keeping the house nice, and mine make sense for keeping my car nice. I can respect that, and so can she.

Michael

Last edited by Michael2000; 08-29-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #123
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
decided to drive my car all last weekend including friday to the office. My wife thinks i am a nut for my "RULES"... cant figure out why or is it just a guy thing?

no food or drinks in the car
no sandal skid marks on the bottom of the door panel or door sill panel
no to go food unless we are driving straight home
no jeans with the rhinestone studs on the butt...ok, i will bring a clean towel to sit on
no heavy lotion
before we leave on the border (any restaurant) go wash your hands
dont slam the door shut, close it by pushing it shut on the door handle only, especially not the glass window
dont put anything on the dash...it will just fall or scratch it
no putting on make up or spray perfume in the car

dont think i am being too picky....what do you guys with spouses or girls with camaros think? what are your quirks?
Mine would say FU, and go out and buy a Porsche to show me up.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #124
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I have the same rules. It's only common sense if you want your car to look good beyond 6 months. She can do what ever she wants in her car, and if she doesn't like my rules, then we can go in her car. I will let her have plain water, but that's it. Also, I am going to park out in the middle of nowhere so it doesn't get hit.

I set the rules right from the beginning, so they don't get in bad habits.

And please don't pretend women don't have their rules. They do, usually regarding the inside of the house. Her rules make sense for keeping the house nice, and mine make sense for keeping my car nice. I can respect that, and so can she.

Michael

My wife definitely has her rules in the house. And Im OK with that. She bought me a sign for my birthday to hang in the garage. It says " MY GARAGE MY RULES" She understands how particular I am with my Camaro and my truck. It's a hobby of mine to keep my vehicles in pristine condition. I take care of her car also, as far as it being reliable, and dependable. I don't really have to have a set of rules. It is common knowledge around my house that if you don't want to mess with me, don't mess up my car.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #125
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Wow....the OP's wife is one lucky lady
Old 08-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #126
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post
Wow....the OP's wife is one lucky lady

I sure the OP, and the rest of us who are particular about our cars make up for it in other ways.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote