Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #29
Freaky62

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtasteek View Post
Totally sweet - you must be over the moon. A shot of the rear & interior would be good thanks very much. Hope you get the mph issue sorted!
Warning many photos coming up!

Pictures from the dealer when I collected it. Now pictures of the rear lights..

Hope these are enough Jim, don't hesitate to ask for anything else!...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Freaky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #30
Jimtasteek

Drives: S197 Mustang
Fact: I'm jealous! Thanks for all the photos, much appreciated. I hope you're breaking it in nice and gentle...
Jimtasteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #31
Freaky62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtasteek View Post
Fact: I'm jealous! Thanks for all the photos, much appreciated. I hope you're breaking it in nice and gentle...
Define.... Nice and gentle? :P

What's made you change from the S197 to the Camaro then?.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #32
Jimtasteek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky62 View Post
Define.... Nice and gentle? :P

What's made you change from the S197 to the Camaro then?.
It was a 2007 model so getting on a little; time for something new with up to date tech etc. Been in touch with the chap from Ian Allen a few times since EU version was announced, saw the car at Goodwood then the 45min test drive sealed the deal!

The speed, the look, the spec - this is going to be the most fun daily driver I've had!
Old 10-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #33
jlagman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Dammit!

Could you please take a picture of both just like i have showing my digital readout displaying both units of measure however the analog does not?...

I've been onto Chevrolet directly with this issue as it seems it may be an inherent thing all european/uk cars might have to deal with so they would like more evidence of mine not working correctly.

Being parked might not illustrate my point, but while the speedometer will always top at 330; if the measurements are set to "US", the needle will go at 60, if you are indeed only doing 60 mph.
jlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #34
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
If its a UK car why does it not have UK plates?

The reason I ask is, when i went for my test drive in the UK they actually had a German car on the forecourt. When I asked they said there had been a delay getting UK spec cars and were expecting their first ones to land in November.

It looks and sounds to me like you dont have a UK spec car but an EU one, so that might explain the kph clocks.

Last edited by AndyUK; 10-05-2016 at 12:51 PM.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #35
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
If its a UK car why does it not have UK plates?

The reason I ask is, when i went for my test drive in the UK they actually had a German car on the forecourt. When I asked they said there had been a delay getting UK spec cars and were expecting their first ones to land in November.

It looks and sounds to me like you dont have a UK spec car but an EU one, so that might explain the kph clocks.
Those are the temporary plates to drive from GE to UK. The car has to been inmatriculated in UK where he will get the final plates.
Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:49 PM   #36
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Warning many photos coming up!

Pictures from the dealer when I collected it. Now pictures of the rear lights..

Hope these are enough Jim, don't hesitate to ask for anything else!...

Thank you for the pics!

I've bought mine to Steppe too, she's going to be produced this month, so I hope to be able to take the car in december. Can I PM you a few questions?

BR and congrats!
Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #37
Freaky62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura View Post
Thank you for the pics!

I've bought mine to Steppe too, she's going to be produced this month, so I hope to be able to take the car in december. Can I PM you a few questions?

BR and congrats!
Pm me all you wish no problem!

The plates are indeed German temporary plates, the reason I bought mine from Germany is simply because I managed to book euros at a before brexit exchange rate therefor making mine a few thousand pounds cheaper than Ian Allen. My speedometer should still be able to change between mph and kmh without an issue same if you was to drive your UK spec camaro to France for a driving holiday you need to display kmh as well.

My dad had bought a corvette from the same dealer in Germany as he holds much stock of corvette, camaro, challenger, charger, cadillac and trucks I was told I would recieve a car in August Ian Allen couldn't deliver before October (before the month delay for eu)

Old 10-06-2016, 02:04 AM   #38
AndyUK

Did you get it in writing from the dealer?

It is true that UK Spec cars usually have dual mph/kph speedos, but both the grey imports I've owned I had to have converted in the UK as they were KPH only and had to have an inline converter and a sticker stuck over the KPH label. (And yes that would have caused me problems if I ever tried to take them back to Europe).

Looks like the only people that can help you here are the dealer you bought from. The US guys are saying they can't switch between the two either.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:06 AM   #39
Freaky62

Quote:
Did you get it in writing from the dealer?

It is true that UK Spec cars usually have dual mph/kph speedos, but both the grey imports I've owned I had to have converted in the UK as they were KPH only and had to have an inline converter and a sticker stuck over the KPH label. (And yes that would have caused me problems if I ever tried to take them back to Europe).

Looks like the only people that can help you here are the dealer you bought from. The US guys are saying they can't switch between the two either.
We have the same cluster as the Canadians and if you look through the posts you'll see two pictures off it changing from my and mph

Old 10-06-2016, 02:18 AM   #40
AndyUK

Quote:
We have the same cluster as the Canadians and if you look through the posts you'll see two pictures off it changing from my and mph

Yes, I have seen that, however how do you know that your car has the same cluster as the canadians? Have you taken yours out to read the model/serial numbers?

I know I'm not telling you what you want to hear, but just going off my past experience of buying imports, this is not unusual stuff.
I don't think you are going to get a definitive answer from anyone on this forum, you need to be speaking to your dealer.

We know the UK spec car was delayed, just wondering what other differences there are between the UK and EU spec.

By all means keep pressing them, but be prepared for the worst, have a back up plan, e.g. start looking at MPH converters.

Last edited by AndyUK; 10-06-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:53 AM   #41
Freaky62

Quote:
Yes, I have seen that, however how do you know that your car has the same cluster as the canadians? Have you taken yours out to read the model/serial numbers?

I know I'm not telling you what you want to hear, but just going off my past experience of buying imports, this is not unusual stuff.
I don't think you are going to get a definitive answer from anyone on this forum, you need to be speaking to your dealer.

We know the UK spec car was delayed, just wondering what other differences there are between the UK and EU spec.

By all means keep pressing them, but be prepared for the worst, have a back up plan, e.g. start looking at MPH converters.
It's not the end of the world as the digital still reads the correct unit.. But as I also said my dad bought a corvette from the same dealer I bought the camaro from the corvette changes as its supposed to... What doesn't make sense is why they would give the corvette and camaro different clusters as everything else on it works perfect and the same... I even have onstar working in the UK with UK data this is the only bit that doesn't make sense.... And ive already started the procedure of taking it up with gm

Old 10-06-2016, 04:13 AM   #42
Jimtasteek

Can I just ask - how does Onstar / wifi hotspot work in the UK? (Fees, quality etc).