Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #43
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Very nice watch. A quality watch like that is something you can keep for a very long time and hopefully pass down to your children someday. That's the investment aspect for me with my Omega. Going through my grandfather's things and finding his wrist watch was very special for me. I'd like to continue that on with my kids in the future. A cell phone/casio just doesn't do that and won't last anyway.

Another really nice brand that's up and coming (with an excellent American story behind it) is Shinola. They opened up a store here recently that mimics an Apple store, except its a nicer place to be inside. They'll be making an automatic in the next year or two using the Ronda movement. Not the level of an Ernst, but it's great to see mechanical watches continuing to make an impact. Some things are timeless and every man should own a quality timepiece.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:10 AM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
Where can I buy one!
https://www.ernstbenz.com/collection...00cm50dlc10pcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Very nice watch. A quality watch like that is something you can keep for a very long time and hopefully pass down to your children someday. That's the investment aspect for me with my Omega. Going through my grandfather's things and finding his wrist watch was very special for me. I'd like to continue that on with my kids in the future. A cell phone/casio just doesn't do that and won't last anyway.

Another really nice brand that's up and coming (with an excellent American story behind it) is Shinola. They opened up a store here recently that mimics an Apple store, except its a nicer place to be inside. They'll be making an automatic in the next year or two using the Ronda movement. Not the level of an Ernst, but it's great to see mechanical watches continuing to make an impact. Some things are timeless and every man should own a quality timepiece.
You are correct... this is a long term pass it down heirloom like your grandfathers watch.

Interesting you bring up Shinola. They were actually one of the makers that GM approached on this deal since they are based out of Detroit and do really nice timepieces. Quite sure Shinola will be my next watch purchase. Our local Costco carries them and I really liked one they had while waiting for this one but didn't pull the trigger on it. Now it's not available anymore.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #45
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy
Meh. Kind of falls into the heartbeat of america jacket category..I'll wear a Chevy shirt or hat but that's it
Rustydaytons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:21 AM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydaytons View Post
Meh. Kind of falls into the heartbeat of america jacket category..I'll wear a Chevy shirt or hat but that's it
I'll wear that too, but this is really a bit more than Chevy and 99% don't see Chevy in it either.

Just a nice timepiece that a small crowd of Camaro enthusiast would appreciate. Other than that, like any other nice watch.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

They are now on sale if you contact Reed

Name:  received_10215252070161889.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  73.0 KB