Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Cops asking you to do a burnout?

NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #30
RallyYellow11

Drives: Nothing
Cool Story. Kinda awesome that a cop is asking you to do a burn out. I don't think I would have done it either, maybe just rev the engine a bit
Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Maybe the cops just liked his car. The second day I had my Camaro I came out of a store to find a Phoenix police SUV parked behind it waiting for me. My first thought was, "That didn't take long, I wonder what I did." He just wanted to ask about the car. A nice guy, as is every other police officer or MCSO deputy I've met since moving here from Seattle. It seems like every thread I've looked at where someone relates a humorous or friendly encounter with law enforcement results in responses saying the OP's rights were violated or that he should have taken offense and reported the cop for something. Sort of takes the fun out of what should be a funny story.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #32
WileySG

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (IOM/IO)
Cops are people too (most of them). I would've followed the officers' directions and give them what they wanted.
IOM/IO Interior, Black Rally Stripes, MGW Shifter, Stainless Works LT Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, C.A.I. Intake, JRE Tune, Pedders Sways/Sub Frame Inserts, Hotchkis Springs, Spohn Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, The Powdercoater IOM Brake Calipers, Forgestar F14/Nitto Invo, Camaro Style CF Console, MPD1 Spoiler, SLP Splitter, EmblemPro Goodies

WileySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #33
Guzman

Drives: 2011 Callaway Camaro 2SS 'vert
I hate cops lol
Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #34
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
it is cool that the police were asking for a burn out. But it is an officer's job to maintain law and order and is constantly seeking incriminating evidence. It is not his job to befriend you. I too would not risk doing the burn out.
it is scary that people like jdenotter think that it is bad that California citizens are overunning their state. Last I checked the citizens were the ones in charge of all public officials. I supose it really doesn't matter. A driver's license checkpoint is a minor inconvenience as of now, just like the TSA when they first started,...and then progressed to: we all know what.
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #35
Guzman

Drives: 2011 Callaway Camaro 2SS 'vert
The citizens empower the police. Citizens that make shitty decisions and vote uneducated empower chaos. This is why criminals have more rights then those who chose to obey law and honor peace. Morals are for the peaceful, and laws are for the ...

But hey, its just my two cents. We're all entitled to our opinion, which is what is still great about this country. I like denotter stand in front of men and women with guns and knives, threatening to kill all for lack-of-sense. Visit ODMP.com daily like I do, and take a moment to think if all of these men and women dying senselessly is really in vain. If it is, then why is it in vain. You're probably right, it is scary to think there are men and women out there who risk their livelyhood for others. And it's heinous to think that when a nice person with a nice vehicle on a nice day comes through such an excessive use of force as a Checkpoint, that the Officer would have the indecency and moral terpitude as to have a bit of humor.

It seems these days Cops are assholes, and God forbid you run across an Officer who isn't, then we'll have to fall back and say he was breaking his Oath and is attempting to deceive. Shame shame on us.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
I don't think that situation could have went any better for you!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #37
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
I went through one of those here a few months ago. When the officer walked up to my window, I said: "I swear to god officer, I didn do it!" And he said: "We know you did because you're driving the getaway car!", which I thought was an excellant comeback and it made me grin all the way home.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #38
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Cops asked my dad to do a burnout in a restaurant parking lot! lol

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #39
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzman View Post
I hate cops lol

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #40
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954 Belair-man View Post
Good story. There are alot of cops that are car guys in my area, back when the 5th Gen Camaro's came out one followed me into a gas station just to check it out and ask me about the performance, we talked about 10 min, a nice guy.
Nice to see how are tax dollars are being used! While someones out there commiting a crime Officer Carguy over here is talking to a random stranger about a car for ten min.

LOL jk
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #41
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
When I was a kid in highschool, a local cop stopped by a group of us with our cars (Mine was nothing special) but there was one kid with a blown 454 that was just crazy in a jacked up '80s Chevy 4x4.

The cop acted real interested about the cars, stayed there for about 20 minutes. Talked to the kid with the souped up truck and wanted to know if he could break 'em loose in 4 wheel drive. He said easily with his knobbies. Cop said he would love to see it. Being a young TRUSTING kid, he drove out of the Hardees parking lot, pulled to a stop and lit things up. The truck just started to bounce when all four tires broke loose. The truck hooped to the left lane and then slid almost sideways in the two lane, one way street.

It was really a stupid thing to do but being kids, he did it anyway. He did pull out of it before things got really out of control, pulls back into the Hardees parking lot and the cop walks up to him and gives him a ticket for reckless driving and also for intentionally endangering his passanger(girlfriend). The judge let him off the second count as he made her put her seat belt on but he nailed him on the Reckless driving violation.

Needless to say, that cop was just trying to bait someone into a crime. How that is not illegal is beyond me but there is probably a reason it does not work with more mature drivers.......

Anyway, you made the right choice, never know how they will respond if you do something like that.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote