Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2023, 04:28 PM   #1
Gen529ftw

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS Black
Prep for headers

I have a 2010 V6 Camaro 67k miles and finally decided to buy headers for it. It should be here later on this week. I wanted to know if there is anything I should do before installing it example will the old headers be easy to loosen? Also, any suggestions on parts to check, clean, or possibly replace while in that area of the engine like the starter?
Gen529ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:47 PM   #2
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
which set or who's are you going with?
actually, very easy install
There are some issues you may run into.
Like the O2 Sensors extensions have to be repined
but I think it will be up to the manufacturer.

Whatever you do use the original or buy a set of original Exhaust manifold gaskets. they have the heat shields built in.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 07:10 PM   #3
Gen529ftw

BBK headers the 4041-R. I didn't know about the reconditioned ones and are sold only from BBK themselves. They do come with the gaskets, are you recommending buying the OEM gaskets?
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2023, 09:04 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

yep, that's the route I went, and yes ether reuse the originals or get a new set.
now remember check the O2 extensions they may have to be repined. i think the new set has to be fixed to accept the older version of the Sensors
Check first before taking the headers off the car

Oh, and BTW Get a Tune (not really needed) but the car will run better.
and you will be able to turn the Rear O2 sensors off (they cause a Check engine light)
The High flow cats are better, but it puts a Code in 420/430

Good Luck, You will love the Sound
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:00 AM   #5
Gen529ftw

Thanks, I pulled up the GM part # 12608475 for the gaskets and I see the difference what you mentioned. Yup, I read on here about the check engine light, I'll have to look into the o2 sensor thing too.
Old 03-14-2023, 02:28 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Welcome and enjoy the headers.

I wrote this thread many years ago.

This might help too.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195877

Here is my story of my build too just in case you want a little more fun to do.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...&highlight=2lt

Also, this thread provides a ton of information about our rides.

ENJOY

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16893
Old 03-14-2023, 11:25 AM   #7
spyderbuddy

Follow this guy

He's the one that I followed
Old 03-14-2023, 05:00 PM   #8
Gen529ftw

Thanks for the link to the write up and nicely done. Going to put the order in the 2 gaskets tomorrow and after looking at the price for the bolts, I think I'll stick with reusing them. I just hope I can get them out easily with no problem, guess I can finally put that impact I have laying around to work finally.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:58 AM   #9
spyderbuddy

Hope some of these pics Help
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2023, 04:56 PM   #10
ajg85

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS
Definitely vouch for using the original OEM steel gaskets AND bolts as they have bigger heads than the flimsy looking ones that come with BBK header kit.
P.S. you can tune for the CEL codes as it's a false positive. It's caused by extending the rear o2 which increases the distance/timing of the second measurement after cat compared to default ...

Source: DIY install 12 years ago and still going strong ...
ajg85 is offline   Reply With Quote