Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #15
SiC ZL1

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddies View Post
That helps a ton. Do you have any problems with it giving way from the OEM hose? I will be doing this tomorrow.
No problems at all. The rear most coil bolts on the driver side are in a tight spot. But otherwise simple and no issues. Let us know how it goes. Post some pics too.
2012 BLK ZL1 M6: Rotofab CAI,20in Z28 Reps,5% tint,6K leds/hids,VMaxx TB,JLT CC,BTR Stage2PDSTQ Cam & Valvetrain,Holley VC, AFCO HX,BK Fab HX Tank,MGW Flatstick,Kooks 2in coated headers catless,BMR bushings & arms,160*,2.45 upper,ID1050s,Shane Hinds tuned, Pedders Xa Coilovers,DSX Aux pump & Flex Fuel,Corsa.
SiC ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:28 PM   #16
JimCT_9C1

Drives: 2012 Caprice PPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCT_9C1 View Post
OP - check your factory valve covers or someone can chime in on any flow restrictors in the LSA factory valve covers. The Holleys may work as-is with your setup.
Answering my own question. I confirmed the PCV vents on the LSA factory valve covers are wide open with no restrictors. Hopefully this tidbit helps someone in the future.

As noted by SiC ZL1, with the reminder of the PCV system in a factory LSA configuration the Holleys should work fine.

Hope the install went well.

Jim
Old 02-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #17
diddies

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCT_9C1 View Post
Answering my own question. I confirmed the PCV vents on the LSA factory valve covers are wide open with no restrictors. Hopefully this tidbit helps someone in the future.

As noted by SiC ZL1, with the reminder of the PCV system in a factory LSA configuration the Holleys should work fine.

Hope the install went well.

Jim
I installed these a couple weeks back. I just cut the pcv and attached a hose like the previous picture. Worked pretty easily.
diddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:04 AM   #18
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Mine
Attached Images

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #19
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
Mine
Do yours still have the hose fittings? Hard to tell in those pics.. I'm looking to add a LSA or Heartbeat and was wondering since mine are similar to yours except in chrome.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:34 PM   #20
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
Do yours still have the hose fittings? Hard to tell in those pics.. I'm looking to add a LSA or Heartbeat and was wondering since mine are similar to yours except in chrome.
I used a new hose and 90 elbows and then a T at the PVC can on the air cleaner elbow, I did have to cut the hard plastic pipe right before the PVC.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote