Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
FRSTR90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS, 1973 Corvette
Trouble with other Camaro owners?

Driving thru town today... I ended pulling up behind a gen 4 Z28.. everything was find for about a block or 2. Then the street kind of curves to merge 2 one-way streets to a 4 lane 2-way street.. going into the turn I see puff of black smoke then all of a sudden he is fishtailing and momentarily losing control as he was taking up both lanes trying to regain control.. after that episode, he settled down a bit as it was obvious I wasn't going to race him.

I was actually admiring his car as it looked brand new.. I was definitely disappointed with the driver.. that car won't stay in that shape long if he keeps it up..

Have any of you had similar experiences with Camaro owners??
FRSTR90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
A lot of owners of third and fourth gens beat on their cars. There are plenty around and they're relatively cheap to work on/fix. I know I never acted that way in my IROC or Z/28 but some people are just stupid. One day the same will be said for 5th gens, I bet..

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
It's not just other Camaro owners. Tool bags and stupidity don't discriminate by automobile manufacturer.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
It's not just other Camaro owners. Tool bags and stupidity don't discriminate by automobile manufacturer.
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I don't have any trouble with Camaro owners, but for some reason they seem to either have their heads up their asses, or are a mighty self-righteous bunch.

I give what I consider to be "car enthusiasts" a thumbs-up or a wave as we pass each other. Late model Challenger owners almost always reciprocate, as do most Mustang owners. I'll be damned if a single Camaro owner has returned the gesture.

I will say that Camaros are the minority here in Omaha, NE. Seems to be many more Challangers and Mustangs than anything else.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Not so much camaro owners/drivers that give me any reason to wonder as much as every dodge, ford, & chevy diesel truck with a tune and big ole culvert pipe exhaust thinking they got somthing to prove i guess.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
A lot of owners of third and fourth gens beat on their cars. There are plenty around and they're relatively cheap to work on/fix. I know I never acted that way in my IROC or Z/28 but some people are just stupid. One day the same will be said for 5th gens, I bet..
Ugh. Nothing sadder than seeing a "ratted-out" car years later that was once pristine and admired like our cars now. Everyday I pass by 3-4 Gen4 Camaros that are just toast, faded paint, cracked fascia and lights. Ugh.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
It disappoints me when I toss a wave or a thumbs up to a fellow owner, only to be snubbed or ignored.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
It disappoints me when I toss a wave or a thumbs up to a fellow owner, only to be snubbed or ignored.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I've had everything from Sonatas to mini-vans trying to show me up. I even had a new Civic Hybrid try to run me last night! I just ignore them and let them have there moment of self-glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Ugh. Nothing sadder than seeing a "ratted-out" car years later that was once pristine and admired like our cars now. Everyday I pass by 3-4 Gen4 Camaros that are just toast, faded paint, cracked fascia and lights. Ugh.
I've seen my share of ratted out 5th gens lately. To some, a car is just a means of transportation, and they'll simply run the wheels off of it. I don't card those cars and invite them into our club. They're obviously not an enthusiast.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
Knight_Rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If another 5th GEN driver has mods on their car, paint, rims, body work, etc. they always wave back to me. One custom car enthusiast to another. Stock camaros not so much.

Also, the younger guys in 3rd or 4th gen's usually return the sign too.
Knight_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
all Camaro owners from every gen wave or give thumbs up around here
Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
all Camaro owners from every gen wave or give thumbs up around here
You just live in utopia don't you Joe?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
well that's just outright mean
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote