Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2016, 09:00 PM   #127
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
I don't know what the big deal is about the automatic. You should be buying the manual version anyway, no matter what. :P
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:06 AM   #128
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
I don't know what the big deal is about the automatic. You should be buying the manual version anyway, no matter what. :P
1,000 % agreed
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:11 AM   #129
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Unless you don't want one.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
"Should"....such a curious choice of words.

I know you're fooling around. But it's a good opportunity for me to say...again...that for those who are inclined to buy a manual - you're gonna love it. They've seemed to improve everything about it from last gen...and last gen was GOOD.

But if you're going to be buying the A10...and if you're even thinking about it....you're going to have your mind blown.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #131
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Some of us might also have other reasons to get the A10. For me I can't drive in a lot of traffic in a manual for it really makes my left knee hurt and this is going to be my DD.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #132
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Some of us might also have other reasons to get the A10. For me I can't drive in a lot of traffic in a manual for it really makes my left knee hurt and this is going to be my DD.
Physical therapy? Join a gym? Stop skipping leg day?

I love driving, and I love driving a manual. I don't care if it's in traffic or up hills. Driving a manual makes everything more fun.

Mine is definitely going to be a manual, no question about it. But I might wait for the 2018, once the bugs are worked out of the car and maybe some improvements make it in. Plus, by then, I'll probably be able to put at least 90% down on it. Would be pretty sweet to just walk in with a briefcase full of $65k cash though. XD
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #133
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Could Chevy be waiting to see if the Limp Mode / Overheating "Fix" planned for the 2017 Z06 actually solves the problem before they release the ZL1? Lets face it Chevy got a whole lot of negative press in regards to the Z06 which I am certain had an impact in sales, they may simply be trying to avoid this happening with the ZL1.
ZL1 already has the taller blower lid the 2017 Z06 is getting, so if anything, the LT4 in the ZL1 is already the updated version. Plus, Camaro doesn't have as much packaging concerns as Corvette for cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #134
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
ZL1 already has the taller blower lid the 2017 Z06 is getting, so if anything, the LT4 in the ZL1 is already the updated version. Plus, Camaro doesn't have as much packaging concerns as Corvette for cooling.
2017 also getting Camaro style additional cooling AND there's now a brake duct kit for them as well. Seems Corvette is getting updates Camaro for this model run. Even our 'ring time was released.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #135
pdiddy972

Drives: 2017 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post
I have my Cadillac to fall back on. It's a fine car. I'm hardly high and dry. (I didn't sell a car by the way, some old terd came across three lanes of traffic and totaled me).The point is that the line between hype and BS is a fine one, and it's been crossed.
We're not talking about trade secrets, no problem with announcing the m6 numbers as I'm sure they're stellar.
It's a deliberate move to obfuscate information that they 100% know now. The withholding of said information which they are trying to play off as hype and tease is just a kick in the nuts to anyone who was actually ready with cash on the barrel head for a car they said would be out at a certain time. They deliberately withheld the fact that they knew the autos weren't going to be coming along till next year. They release the better numbers from the auto specifically because they are the better numbers, but you can't get that car.
This is what I'm not getting - why will the auto do better to 60 when they're saying the manual does 0-60 in first gear? What can be faster than zero shifts?
pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #136
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
This is what I'm not getting - why will the auto do better to 60 when they're saying the manual does 0-60 in first gear? What can be faster than zero shifts?
Gear ratios matter as well. A10 has a crazy first gear. M6 has a 2.29 first to get to 60 before redline
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #137
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Power under the curve.

The shifts in the A10 are so fast you may as well not consider them...with that in mind..first gear is a healthy 4.70:1....the car rockets foward to about 35mph in no time flat...then second will take you up to 60....meanwhile, the engine never has to pull real hard thanks to the mechanical advantage those aggressive gear ratios provide.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #138
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Physical therapy? Join a gym? Stop skipping leg day?

I love driving, and I love driving a manual. I don't care if it's in traffic or up hills. Driving a manual makes everything more fun.

Mine is definitely going to be a manual, no question about it. But I might wait for the 2018, once the bugs are worked out of the car and maybe some improvements make it in. Plus, by then, I'll probably be able to put at least 90% down on it. Would be pretty sweet to just walk in with a briefcase full of $65k cash though. XD
Are you really that insensitive, I am a disabled Vet and my knees are bone on bone, I drove manuals for years but it causes too much pain now so I am very pleased that they have developed autos to this point. You might want to think about someone other than yourself.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #139
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Power under the curve.

The shifts in the A10 are so fast you may as well not consider them...with that in mind..first gear is a healthy 4.70:1....the car rockets foward to about 35mph in no time flat...then second will take you up to 60....meanwhile, the engine never has to pull real hard thanks to the mechanical advantage those aggressive gear ratios provide.
Well said !

Guess that's why A10 0-60 3.5 seconds and M6 0-60 3.9 seconds. That's a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE !!!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #140
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
Well said !

Guess that's why A10 0-60 3.5 seconds and M6 0-60 3.9 seconds. That's a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE !!!
Did we get that information? Cool! I must've missed it.

If that's the number...then, consider that the Camaro SS with the A8 pulls to 60 in just 4.0 seconds.....