Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #15
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I love my OBX. I got mine direct from a dealer... and had very good experience with customer service. That being said, I have also owned Stainless Works and installed a couple sets of Stainless Power. Of the three, IMO, Stainless Power, best for the money. Now, with both SW brands there were minor issues. Very tight clearance at the steering knuckle...with some work, they fit great. And with the SP, I had to do a little grinding on the dip stick bracket. With OBX, 0 installation issues. Bottom line, there is a good chance with any LT header of a hitch or two. Most LT headers will perform within a hp or 2 of each other. All decent Stainless headers will out live your car.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 AM   #16
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
I got the OBX headers, good looks, easy install, great price. Had them for two years no problems.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Here is a pic of mine...and the matching OBX exhaust!
Attached Images

BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #18

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Luke View Post
Agree

cuz they suck^

Kooks are an amazing chaice as well
I partly agree with you...they suck because they rust out...but their life span is on averege 5-7 years after that you can buy another set for 400$ and so on....depends how much money you want to drop in for this....and I agree Kooks are amazing but unfortunately they cost triple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I had them for over a year...driven them in every snow and rain we've had here in NJ, mine work fine. BTW, not gonna get into a debate over metals, but maybe you should learn about stainless steel...because I don't think you know what you're talking about.

It has been scientifically proven that the less you know, the more you think you know. This applies to you too and I strongly sugges to reconsider your attitude and also work on your debating skills. I do believe that debates are very positive if done in a respectful way and I welcome them. I also do believe that you have been talking unrespectous with me and also with little knowledge regarding me. I do not want to insult you or any other related things so our personal conversation ends here.

Back to the topic and sorry for the off topic. So here are some pictures of my rusted out obx headers(sorry for iphone quality), it is strange because only the right side rusted out and the left side is not that bad. As I said it before for the money they are ok, probably if you coat them they will be more than better! I would have coated them but I live in Europe and not a lot of good coaters in my area. Funny thing is that this T304 rusted out and my catback wich is t 409 is not rusted at all...probably in a couple of years I will buy another one if they are still at 400$ and more than sure coat them or go with something better. Anyway...it is a well known thing that cheap headers rust...you can search around pacesetter and obx and you will see.

Attached Images

332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #19
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
I have OBX for about two years now no problems yet.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #20
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Go TSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA View Post
The great thing about the TSP headers is this:

Choose your primary size
Upgraded Collector
Velocity Spike
Off Road Pipes Look Like Cats
High Flow Cats Available
3" X pipe Available
Full 3" exhaust available

Not to mention they've been proven to make power second to none!!

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4012-te...ro-ss-62l.aspx

Off-Road Pipes Shown With headers here:

I installed a set on my cousins ride last summer a set of 2" and were a good quality header.
Besides they (TSP) pay the bills.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
I have OBX for about two years now no problems yet.

I get the feeling that I am unlucky
Old 02-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 332 View Post
[B]It has been scientifically proven that the less you know, the more you think you know. This applies to you too and I strongly sugges to reconsider your attitude and also work on your debating skills. I do believe that debates are very positive if done in a respectful way and I welcome them. I also do believe that you have been talking unrespectous with me and also with little knowledge regarding me. I do not want to insult you or any other related things so our personal conversation ends here.
See here's the thing, I wasn't debating with you. I was making a statement. The pics you have shown, I have seen those very same "rust" spots on Kooks, ARH, and other more expensive brand headers. In fact, I saw a pair of expensive headers that were being sold used for about $800 and the entire header looked like those spots in your pics. That is why I said that I don't think you know what you're talking about. Again, mine have been on for over a year, over 10,000 miles, went through Hurricane Sandy, and more snow and rain storms than I can remember here in NJ...never had one problem.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #23
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
I think my OBX have been on about 2 years now with zero problems, I would purchase them again.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #24

Quote:
See here's the thing, I wasn't debating with you. I was making a statement. The pics you have shown, I have seen those very same "rust" spots on Kooks, ARH, and other more expensive brand headers. In fact, I saw a pair of expensive headers that were being sold used for about $800 and the entire header looked like those spots in your pics. That is why I said that I don't think you know what you're talking about. Again, mine have been on for over a year, over 10,000 miles, went through Hurricane Sandy, and more snow and rain storms than I can remember here in NJ...never had one problem.
I have no problem if you are debating me! I am happy now that we have a decent conversation. I cannot make a very close picture but it seems that the frist coat is peeling off...probably here in the part of Europe where I live the roads are filled more with salt...although T304 should not rust I can`t understand why this is happening, the upper part of the header seems ok but the lower part where it came in contact with salt and water looks like that...I should have coated them inside out in the US....I bet if that is done than this is the best deal on headers....the welds seem to have rusted first on the headers but the catback has no problem at all....very very wierd....can`t explain it...
Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 332 View Post
I have no problem if you are debating me! I am happy now that we have a decent conversation. I cannot make a very close picture but it seems that the frist coat is peeling off...probably here in the part of Europe where I live the roads are filled more with salt...although T304 should not rust I can`t understand why this is happening, the upper part of the header seems ok but the lower part where it came in contact with salt and water looks like that...I should have coated them inside out in the US....I bet if that is done than this is the best deal on headers....the welds seem to have rusted first on the headers but the catback has no problem at all....very very wierd....can`t explain it...
I don't know man, it is weird indeed. Is it rusted as in there is a leak or rust holes?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #26

Quote:
I don't know man, it is weird indeed. Is it rusted as in there is a leak or rust holes?
It is rusted as if someone poured some acid on them but this acid has not corroded just rusted out....the first silver coat started peeling so it is not just surface rust...in the first picture I have posted you can see that the rust made it`s way up on them...also the welds are the first that rusted out on headers, this is normal on aftermarket exhaust when you go to a shop and they weld on the exhaust system and apply no coat or something similar...but these were coated.....don`t know....probably in 5 years I will buy another set and coat them in the US that way I know that they are bullet proof or at least hope so....again my catback wich is a Dough Thourley one has discoloured to the mufflers but no rust...
Old 02-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #27
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Thumbs up

Had my OBX longtubes on my SS for 4 years now. No rust, no spotting...no problems. Excellent product for the money.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #28
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Wow..welcome to 2012?

I have argued on this subject, posted pictures, and so forth in the past. I have no need to relive it however so you can search for those posts if you want.

The honest answer is Stainless Power headers are an extra 10% off this month, and come with an American company behind them that you know will be there when an issue comes up.

If they somehow are still too expensive, you really need to reexamine your mod priorities. Especially if you have a $400 intake and $1000 catback.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote