Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-16-2023, 10:09 AM   #57
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
If you think that really changes how the charging system is designed/operates you don't understand the system. Even if the alternator has an increased amperage and the system has an increased load, the charging system architecture is the same, and doesn't change the discussion of going from a 12v to 14v system.
That is a Fact !
It doesn't really matter how much you have what we don't have, of course part numbers are different. If GM would design and throw in a 24v Battery that's a change. From what I gathered and happen with me is if I hit over 15.5v I get a Check battery light on because of overcurrent that the module measures.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:06 PM   #58
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdamxincx View Post
Well Mr bigtime .. i took your post in the other tread as u being an asshole telling me to take my tires back and put the right size tire on.. I dont go around forums telling people what to do . its rude.. and it will get you some negative responses.. but anyway .. yea i was bein an asshole in this thread cuz i asked for first hand experience.. not what ifs or this or thats.. but what i want to know mr internet tuff guys .. which one is going to come give me the attitude adjustment or make me learn the hard way.. sounds like jeweled has ur back he is the closest to me .. maybe he will back up your candy ass threats... im game....
I can tell you it would be me that would give you an attitude adjustment. I do not need anyone else on here to do it or help me. Candy ass threats? Mine is not that stud and I am not a keyboard warrior. Only if you were close to me. I am game also. If you cannot behave on this forum you can always go somewhere else and to tell you the truth I would not care if you did.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 04:10 PM   #59
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Maybe you guys belong in Congress (referring to the senator from Oklahoma and the Union President, LOL)
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 04:45 PM   #60
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Maybe you guys belong in Congress (referring to the senator from Oklahoma and the Union President, LOL)
You know I saw that and Mullen was not going to back down was he? I know him he is from close to where I live and my money would have been on him! He said he was a guy from oklahoma and you don't run your mouth like that and not expect to be called out for it. I suppose it is like that everywhere [even here] but he meant what he said.
Old 11-16-2023, 07:11 PM   #61
xdamxincx
Banned

Drives: zl1 blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I can tell you it would be me that would give you an attitude adjustment. I do not need anyone else on here to do it or help me. Candy ass threats? Mine is not that stud and I am not a keyboard warrior. Only if you were close to me. I am game also. If you cannot behave on this forum you can always go somewhere else and to tell you the truth I would not care if you did.
I am not going to behave !!!!!.. what you gunna do ?
xdamxincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:27 PM   #62
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
If you think that really changes how the charging system is designed/operates you don't understand the system. Even if the alternator has an increased amperage and the system has an increased load, the charging system architecture is the same, and doesn't change the discussion of going from a 12v to 14v system.

My post had nothing to do with 12v vs 14V is was specific to the differences between an SS and a ZL1 as you stated they are the same and they are not. All cars that support a 12v system are achieving the same, to manage 12v plus output while running. When I referenced my earlier post to the OP regarding the float between the output of 14.1 to 14.7 that there are known issues when you get outside that range and the ZL1 has had issues on all modules, BCM, ECU, etc. So your statement they are the same is only relevant that yes the SS is a car that has a 12 volt system just like any 12v car. So what the SS voltage output has again has no relevance to what effect it might have on a ZL1.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:21 PM   #63
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
My post had nothing to do with 12v vs 14V is was specific to the differences between an SS and a ZL1 as you stated they are the same and they are not. All cars that support a 12v system are achieving the same, to manage 12v plus output while running. When I referenced my earlier post to the OP regarding the float between the output of 14.1 to 14.7 that there are known issues when you get outside that range and the ZL1 has had issues on all modules, BCM, ECU, etc. So your statement they are the same is only relevant that yes the SS is a car that has a 12 volt system just like any 12v car. So what the SS voltage output has again has no relevance to what effect it might have on a ZL1.
But it does. The control algorithm for the charging for both is going to be the same.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:39 PM   #64
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Probably a dumb question, but what part of the car contains the voltage regulation? Would it be part of the alternator itself. the ECM, the BCM ??

Just curious.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:41 PM   #65
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
I saved this a while back. Maybe there is something the OP can use, or maybe answer some of his questions..

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245282

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...28&postcount=7
yeah I was going to summarize that but I couldn't remember the specifics and it doesn't mention types e.g. AGM Lead Acid Lithium which matter also. But if someone knows but didn't do it just to fail there are people that can't understand much. Has anyone pulled 3 spark plug wires off their ZL1 to see if it makes more power? If you don't own a ZL1 or haven't done it you are not allowed to reply because you don't know.
Quote:
But it does. The control algorithm for the charging for both is going to be the same.
Yeah because the question refered to voltage and not amperage or capacity. Same as the other thread where the OP said tire WIDTH was why it failed. Uh yeah ok. I was going to correct that statement but the same as here if you already know the wrong answer for certain I'll just step back out the door thank you..
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:53 PM   #66
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Has anyone pulled 3 spark plug wires off their ZL1 to see if it makes more power? If you don't own a ZL1 or haven't done it you are not allowed to reply because you don't know.
Yeah because the question refered to voltage and not amperage or capacity. Same as the other thread where the OP said tire WIDTH was why it failed. Uh yeah ok. I was going to correct that statement but the same as here if you already know the wrong answer for certain I'll just step back out the door thank you..
and everything else you said is spot on, I guess from here on out everything else would turn into a shit show argument.
Old 11-16-2023, 11:21 PM   #67
Bigtime53

Quote:
I am not going to behave !!!!!.. what you gunna do ?
Nothing I guess. We could keep this going but there is no use. You have been getting info on your question now so you should be glad that these guys on here have helped you. Just don’t be an asshole and you will see we are all here to share our experiences with the ZL1’s and everyone here is more than happy to help with any problem solving or anything to do with these cars.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:30 AM   #68
xdamxincx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...28&postcount=7

Same as the other thread where the OP said tire WIDTH was why it failed. Uh yeah ok. I was going to correct that statement but the same as here if you already know the wrong answer for certain I'll just step back out the door thank you..
Im wondering where i said something about tire WIDTH was why it failed .. ??? what other thread are you referring ?
Old 11-17-2023, 09:50 AM   #69
xdamxincx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Nothing I guess. We could keep this going but there is no use. You have been getting info on your question now so you should be glad that these guys on here have helped you. Just don’t be an asshole and you will see we are all here to share our experiences with the ZL1’s and everyone here is more than happy to help with any problem solving or anything to do with these cars.
Thanks for all your wonderful help Mr. KW... hope your feelings get well soon!!
Old 11-17-2023, 02:23 PM   #70
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Im wondering where i said something about tire WIDTH was why it failed .. ??? what other thread are you referring ?
the thread on dash lights and problems and wheel speeds, no I won't go searching for your other threads now. I have other things to do and don't much like when people don't search for their own answers. That's a big problem with forums and their built in search is crap. Need to search via google even for within this forum. I also strongly believe in sticky or pinned threads to organize topics but for popularity reasons the forums prefer people ask the same damn questions week after week and get a few great answers and dumb answers mixed it. I would MUCH prefer if it was organized more like a wiki wikipedia sort of thing at least with pinned topics if weren't as slick as a wikipedia of 5th...

as I said Im tired of repeating the same answers that have been given time after time. It's worse when an OP doesn't even update what worked and didn't and even say thanks like everyone who spent the time reading the whole threads and think about it which can take hours in some cases then post a workable solution and get nada in return then wash rinse and repeat the next day. So in essence it's wonderful when deserving people get a helpin' hand and appreciate it. Personally I'm tired of doin' this for the sake of a forum that doesn't preserve good answers and just uses us for activity to sell ads as a popular place to sell product. Ya'll carry on I'll be around but much less active I need to catch up on so many projects than spend inordinate UNPAID time here.
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote