Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Chicago!

Anyone from Chicago,please chime in on what to do while in Chicago.My son and wife visiting the University of Chicago from San Antonio,Texas.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
Anyone from Chicago,please chime in on what to do while in Chicago.My son and wife visiting the University of Chicago from San Antonio,Texas.

I recommend finding the first entrance ramp for I-55 South, get on it, and don't get off it until you hit I-10 West.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Cubs game

Navy pier

Museums (science & industry or field)

Beach

Planetarium

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Stop by chicago5thgen.com and chim in its the local club with 900+ members!
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Shedd aquarium.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
how about posting this in the GREAT LAKES section of the forum.....this covers the ILL. section of the country.....who better then them to be able to answer you question.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
how about posting this in the GREAT LAKES section of the forum.....this covers the ILL. section of the country.....who better then them to be able to answer you question.
Good idea...hmm...maybe a moderator can help with that and move it for me. Thanks for the other replies, guys. I can always count on the Camaro community here.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Go to the park and see the giant bean - it's awesome

I had a lot of fun just wondering the city when I was there.
Ooo take a bus tour too - that was fun.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
don't go to navy pier... only stupid tourist shops with dumb crap that you didn't want to buy anyway. There is a ferris wheel there if you're into that... Navy Pier does have regular fireworks at night though. So If you're there when they have fireworks, that's not too bad. Just don't expect to go there during the day and have a fun time unless you want to spend a lot of money on stuff you don't want. You can book a short cruise for dinner if you're into that kind of stuff @ Navy Pier. That's kind of fun if you're on a date.

When you are in Chicago you need to get 3 of the standard Chicago foods,

Chicago style stuffed pizza (I like Lou Malnatis best)
Chicago style hot dog (you can get those just about anywhere)
Garrett popcorn (they have the BEST caramel corn)

The giant bean is @ Millennium park next to grant park. There's an outdoor theater there with concerts. Some nights during the summer there are outdoor movies on the lawn at Grant park.

But as others have said, the museums are always good. One place I really like is the Garfield Conservatory.

The Lincoln Park zoo is a smaller zoo with free admission, you pay for parking, but it's not expensive. The zoo itself is nice, and it's in a very nice area in one of Chicago's more famous neighborhoods. It may be fun just to take a walk around the area.

There are also some good tours out there, but what ones you like all depends upon your preferences, I've been on a food planet tour, and a photography tour. they have others like architecture tours, historical, etc etc.

I hear you can even kayak down the Chicago river, but I haven't really ever looked into that.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Museum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquariam, Navy Pier where you can take boat tours of the lake and chicago skyline and see a fireworks show, Sears Tower (which has been renamed to willis tower i think) you can go to the top and enjoy the spectacular view, you can also take the water taxi on the river to the sears tower, lots of shopping, chicago isnt terribly far from Brookfield Zoo or the Six Flags Great America amusement park up in Gurnee, IL (which Gurnee also is home of the huge Gurnee Mills Mall)
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote