Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Unless your dealer gets an allocation today or next week, you're out of luck.

It's not likely that your dealer's GM rep can do anything. In my 22 years in this business, I have found that most GM reps for dealers are pretty useless. It's going to take someone with some actual connections to get your dealer an allocation if they don't have an earned allocation coming. Most GM dealer reps don't have these kind of connections.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:03 AM   #16
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Unless your dealer gets an allocation today or next week, you're out of luck.

It's not likely that your dealer's GM rep can do anything. In my 22 years in this business, I have found that most GM reps for dealers are pretty useless. It's going to take someone with some actual connections to get your dealer an allocation if they don't have an earned allocation coming. Most GM dealer reps don't have these kind of connections.

Thank you. That's just info I was looking for (and suspected was the case).

The alternative dealer claims to have a current/open allocation available. My request is one of three for it. They said they would decide later today which is "buildable," which I take to mean they are checking this week's constraints and will decide which to order from that. So it's between mine (a 1SS), a V6, and a ZL1. Fingers crossed.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:30 PM   #17
Jrschev

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS Convertible M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
I'm right there with you. I put my order in 3 weeks ago with no guarantee of an allocation. I placed the order with the only dealer in Central FL that wasn't price gouging. At this point its all but assured that I will not get the color I wanted, Satin Steel. So if and whenever my dealer gets an allocation I will have to chose another color.

I am scoring my situation as bad timing even though it was the right time for me. Global trade, COVID protests, and now war all have conspired against me. But at the end of the day, my problem of waiting for a new car pales in comparison to what other people are facing around the world.
That's a big 10-4, first world problems..... I've had a 2SS Convertible, 6speed, Wild Cherry on order since Jan 8th. Not looking good but eventually, at some point in time, I'll get the car I want but probably not in the exact color I want. I have two other colors I'm ok with so it's not the end of the world. Guess it's better than getting bombed...
Jrschev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:15 PM   #18
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Unless trying to order something super special is it perhaps easier to do a wide search and find a car from a dealers lot somewhere. I get that inventory is super low but if you want a color that will be discontinued for 2023 MY, then next logical choice would be to try and find one already out there if your order is likely to not get picked up. I’m 100% sure in the case of Wild Cherry that if it does go away it’s going to be replaced with another Metallic Red Tintcoat. GM had Red Jewel from 2007-2011, Crystal Red 2012-2015, Garnet Red 2016-2020, and Wild Cherry 2021-2022.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:07 PM   #19
MuscleCarMike

Drives: 68, 69 Firebirds, 14 & 22 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Hi all, I didn't want to post this in Joe's thread, since it isn't really a status request. But I'm hoping for a little inside knowledge if anyone has it.

My situation is I have had an order for a wild cherry Camaro stuck at 1100 for almost 3 months. I'm aware of the dwindling timeline for the color to be accepted. The original dealer says that the owner has had the ear of the GM rep and that there is nothing to worry about with my order, yet it is still at 1100 as of this morning. Meanwhile, I have found a dealer who claims to have an open allocation. Dealer 2 says I am one of three requests for the allocation, and they will decide which to fill on Thursday based on this weeks constraints. Mine is a 1SS. The other 2 are for constrained models (a 2LT and a ZL1) which could be good for me.

The original dealer is closer and a better offer, so I'd prefer to stay with them....if they can actually get one. If Dealer 2 gives me their allocation, I'll have that assurance it will be built, but may be running the risk of ending up with two orders accepted if the original ends up getting picked up at the last minute.

My question for anyone who may know...does the original dealer actually know something, or are they just blowing smoke to keep me from emailing as often? Do the dealer reps actually know something about allocations further in advance than the weekly issuance, or have any ability to affect them? Is there any reason for optimism that the original order will actually be accepted this week or next, or do odds favor jumping ship?
Ask them to show you their estimated 60 day allocation report. That is 60 days in the future. It's not concrete but should give you an idea...

4B00-1/28/22; 4200-Shipped! 3/5/22; On it's Way! In North Platte, NE 3/11/22; Train is rolling through Wyoming 3/14/22; Arrived at final train stop in Kent, WA 3/22/22; Arrived at dealer 3/24/22; Pick up 3/26/22!!! Finally...the agonizing wait is over...
MuscleCarMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:15 PM   #20
MuscleCarMike

Quote:
I'm right there with you. I put my order in 3 weeks ago with no guarantee of an allocation. I placed the order with the only dealer in Central FL that wasn't price gouging. At this point its all but assured that I will not get the color I wanted, Satin Steel. So if and whenever my dealer gets an allocation I will have to chose another color.

I am scoring my situation as bad timing even though it was the right time for me. Global trade, COVID protests, and now war all have conspired against me. But at the end of the day, my problem of waiting for a new car pales in comparison to what other people are facing around the world.
Someone posted a thread that they are giving up their built Satin Steel car and a thread to contact the salesman. The car is going to Florida...

4B00-1/28/22; 4200-Shipped! 3/5/22; On it's Way! In North Platte, NE 3/11/22; Train is rolling through Wyoming 3/14/22; Arrived at final train stop in Kent, WA 3/22/22; Arrived at dealer 3/24/22; Pick up 3/26/22!!! Finally...the agonizing wait is over...
Old 02-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #21
MuscleCarMike

Quote:

Here is the web address
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602864

Old 02-28-2022, 08:37 PM   #22
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCarMike View Post
Bingo, good catch.

And if WhiteMale is out there this one could be for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Now at 194 days; ZL1/A10/Carbon Fiber/Rapid Blue

lol
got one in stock at the dealer I work at.
https://www.sunrisechevrolet.com/inv...vanced-pricing
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:43 PM   #23
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
Bingo, good catch.

And if WhiteMale is out there this one could be for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Now at 194 days; ZL1/A10/Carbon Fiber/Rapid Blue

lol
got one in stock at the dealer I work at.
https://www.sunrisechevrolet.com/inv...vanced-pricing
https://www.sunrisechevrolet.com/inv...1r66n0107118/#
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:42 PM   #24
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Thanks for all the responses. However, as it turns out, it was (happily) a moot discussion. I found out the original dealer got an allocation last Thursday, and Joe was able to confirm my original order was accepted. It went to the last minute, but ultimately it all took care of itself.

Not sure what Dealer 2 will do with their allotment instead, but they seemed to want to use it on an unconstrained trim. I don't like to post actual dealer names in the open, but try looking up the Chevrolet dealer in Wausau, WI if you're looking for a 1ss.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote