Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #85
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
That look discussions are so useless ... which one is the best looking? To each is own ... and actually, look at the top 10 sold cars in 2014 ... all ugly ... but selling a lot ...

Regarding what Ford is gonna do ... I don't know ...

What I can see is that Mustang forums look a lot like Iwo Jima:
Most of them surrender and agree they got beaten on this one
Some are missing in action ...
Few are still hiding in a cave, refusing to watch the enemy and pretending the battle isn't over ...
Old 05-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #86
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
New camaro looks so much better than the new mustang. But just not as good as my 2010, perhaps..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #87
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1since93 View Post
I hope ford loses every mustang sale to GM for selling such an inferior product that it has for decades. The Dodges look great, but are heavy tanks that no performance guy takes seriously due to the weight. If I'm spending $60k+, it's not going to be on a Hellcat.

I'm an American performance guy first, GM second and Ford guy third...

But the Mustang has not "been such an inferior product for decades". Inferior products do not go out of production for 6 years.

I love the Camaro, I love mine, but I'm not so Bowtie Blind ™ to think that the Mustang has been "so inferior".
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #88
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
The Mustang is a really nice car. I never liked them before the s550, but I do now. If you're saying it's not competitive you're being a bit naive. I do expect them to upgrade the Mustang a little In performance though.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #89
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Before 2015 I liked Mustangs better, now the camaro looks better in and out.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #90
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
When I saw the GT350 at a gas station with the GT in front of it I thought it was a pretty nice car. I am a fan of all these cars but I have never bought one because I was a Camaro fan 1st. It was pretty hard not to buy a Mustang during the Camaros absence but I always held out hope that GM would get it back out. I didn't like the pics of the new mustang but it has grown on me. I have seen some pretty sharp ones so no hating here.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #91
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
When I saw the GT350 at a gas station with the GT in front of it I thought it was a pretty nice car. I am a fan of all these cars but I have never bought one because I was a Camaro fan 1st. It was pretty hard not to buy a Mustang during the Camaros absence but I always held out hope that GM would get it back out. I didn't like the pics of the new mustang but it has grown on me. I have seen some pretty sharp ones so no hating here.
When did you see a GT350? They aren't available until LATE 2015, same time as the 6th gen.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:51 PM   #92
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
No problem. But, why are we comparing the GT350 to the SS? The GT350 was Ford's answer to the Z/28. That's a fair comparison. The Mustang GT is the Camaro SS's direct competition. I think the GT350 will be the winner in the first battle on price alone. But we will have to see what Chevy does with a track dedicated car for the new design, since the Z/28 will no longer be in production for 2016. Ford got caught a little off guard when the Z/28 came out, so their answer is a bit late to the party. With the other battle SS vs. GT, the Chevy is going to win that one hands down (subjective opinions about the looks aside). The SS will be around the same weight or so, but the LT1 blows away the Coyote, the 8 spd auto is faster, no MRC in the Mustang, etc...
I think people are a little off here with these comparisons to Gen5 Mustangs and Camaros and how that moves forward with the 6th Gens.

There is no doubt Ford had insight into what GM was bringing to the table with their 6th Gen. That being said, this is what I think the direct comparisons in price and performance will be with the new generations:

Camaro T4 to Mustang T4
Camaro V6 to Mustang V6
Camaro SS w/o MRC to Mustang GT PP
Camaro SS w/MRC to Mustang GT350 w/MRC
Camaro ?? to Mustang GT350R
Camaro ?? to Mustang GT500?

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by titanfan; 05-17-2015 at 09:05 PM.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #93
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
When did you see a GT350? They aren't available until LATE 2015, same time as the 6th gen.

Vegas in April.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #94
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Personally, I like the Fusion and the new Mustang sure makes me think Fusion everytime I see it. That said, the new Camaro will once again outsell the mustang and Challenger. There are a couple things I am not fond of with the new Camaro like the big lump over the instrument cluster, the SS spoiler and the bowtie emblems that were placed where the SS and RS badges should have been. A small bowtie could have been placed on the rear panel somewhere and on the grille somewhere but other than those details I think Chevy did well. I like that they included the 4, 6 and 8 cylinders and am hopeful that a tt 427 Ls will appear later.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #95
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I don't really think Ford and Chevy care about what Dodge has/is or will be doing. To me this is a Ford and Chevy showdown... I'm not knocking Dodge, I like the Challenger, and I also think they have the best looking all around vehicles to choose from..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #96
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathfly7 View Post
Dodge is going to bring the cuda soon, my guess is more weight and more horsepower than the camaro. I hope the make a cuda hellcat
No, I doubt they will. Challenger is successful because they offer a different product than Ford and Chevrolet. Obviously there is cross shopping between the three but is the differentiation that pulls in other customers. Offer the same product and the pie can doesn't get much larger, you just get a smaller piece.

Dodge went head on with pickups for years and never got much traction, it's only when they offered a similar, but different product did they succeed. Think Microsoft and Apple too.

It would be a giant waste of money for them to try and go toe to toe with the Camaro and Mustang to only walk away with a smaller piece then they have now.

Different is good and they will sell a lot more cars that way.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:29 PM   #97
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Top secret footage from Ford's engine development center...
Old 05-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #98
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I think people are a little off here with these comparisons to Gen5 Mustangs and Camaros and how that moves forward with the 6th Gens.

There is no doubt Ford had insight into what GM was bringing to the table with their 6th Gen. That being said, this is what I think the direct comparisons in price and performance will be with the new generations:

Camaro T4 to Mustang T4
Camaro V6 to Mustang V6
Camaro SS w/o MRC to Mustang GT PP
Camaro SS w/MRC to Mustang GT350 w/MRC
Camaro ?? to Mustang GT350R
Camaro ?? to Mustang GT500?

Just my thoughts.
Swap the Mustang T4 and V6, it's already been known the T4 Camaro and the V6 Mustangs are their specific base engines.