Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #155
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGZ28 View Post
Cadillac invented MRC. Auto makers like Ferrari and junk ford who can't even build a good trans lisences the technology from GM.
Check your sources and reevaluate your statement.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #156
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
This must be where all the confusion is coming from.....

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...lac-video.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorheological_damper

https://books.google.com/books?id=Cb...ention&f=false

So in the simplest of terms, GM/Delphi invented and launched the first applications of Magnetorheologic Shock Absorbers. Launched as Magne Ride and later MRC.

In 2009, Delphi (or pars of it) were sold of to BWI or Beijing West Industries. So Ford is not buying MR technology from GM they are buying from the company purchased that piece from GM.

So Ford is buying a technology invented by GM. True

Ford is buying a technology from GM. False

http://www.bwigroup.com/en/

http://www.bwigroup.com/en/pshow.php?pid=22
Old 06-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #157
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
People who drag race want low and mid range torque, but Camaro owners have evolved beyond that knuckle-dragging venue to the playground of real cars, the road course, right? If that's the case, who are these "most" you speak of?
Just got a good laugh out of this. I am a knuckle dragger who goes to the track (dragstrip) every week. I watch them all, Mustangs, Camaro's and Vette's. They have little choice but to go around corners because they are overweight turds on a Dragstrip.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:17 AM   #158
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Just got a good laugh out of this. I am a knuckle dragger who goes to the track (dragstrip) every week. I watch them all, Mustangs, Camaro's and Vette's. They have little choice but to go around corners because they are overweight turds on a Dragstrip.
Ohhhhh shots fired!!!!
Gen5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #159
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
They didn't, typical Camaro fanboy dialogue
Well..... the 15 mustang looks like shit. at least from the front. I think that the camaro looks 100x harder, and this isnt fan boy dialogue. Everybody has their opinions. if they pick that ford fusion doppelganger in terms of styling thn so be it. As far as sales, the 15 model is only surpassing camaros in sales because it is a new gen. This has been stated time and again. Once this bad girl goes into production, the mustang becomes irrelevant unless they bring back shelby
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #160
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
Well..... the 15 mustang looks like shit. at least from the front. I think that the camaro looks 100x harder, and this isnt fan boy dialogue. Everybody has their opinions. if they pick that ford fusion doppelganger in terms of styling thn so be it. As far as sales, the 15 model is only surpassing camaros in sales because it is a new gen. This has been stated time and again. Once this bad girl goes into production, the mustang becomes irrelevant unless they bring back shelby
you mean like this one? The GT350

Looks are totally subjective so wont comment on that you think the mustang looks bad. It will definitely be interesting to see how the sales play out once the 6th gen arrives
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #161
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
you mean like this one? The GT350

Looks are totally subjective so wont comment on that you think the mustang looks bad. It will definitely be interesting to see how the sales play out once the 6th gen arrives
It will be interesting to see if Camaro regains its sales lead. Looks are subjective but content is better so price is the big unknown.

Also interesting to see how much of the upper grill is blocked off on the GT350 given all the handwringing over the new Camaro's narrow upper grill. Is that GT350 (gasp) a bottom breather?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #162
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Looks like someone went nuts the the JCWhitney catalog.

That Mustang looks really, really cheesy. All it's missing is some window rain vents and chrome door trim.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #163
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post

Also interesting to see how much of the upper grill is blocked off on the GT350 given all the handwringing over the new Camaro's narrow upper grill. Is that GT350 (gasp) a bottom breather?
I wish I had an answer on that lol. But yeah the sales race will for sure be interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post

That Mustang looks really, really cheesy. All it's missing is some window rain vents and chrome door trim.
That's why looks are so subjective. While not a fan of the wing, I think it looks awesome.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #164
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Funny how some like the look of the gt350 wi g yet complain about the SS wing. Both Ford and Chevy guys.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #165
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
To simplify the OPs question, they will do what they have already planned to do. Anything major including powertrain changes take several years. GM, in an effort to stay relevant, showed the Gen 6 very early. Ford had already showed the GT, GT350 and GT350R when you can't even get those until late this year and late next year (GT). So Ford has already shown us what it will be doing. The last card for them will be the GT500 replacement. And keep in mind Ford will now have a $500,000 car that the Mustang will never beat. So it's the old "GM will never let the Camaro out perform the Corvette". Of course equal money and technology, it never would.

Fiat? They likely have more time to respond to the Camaro IF they didn't think they were on a path to a better place. They have to do a couple of difficult things. Down size the Challenger for weight to stay competitive, yet somehow maintain a full size car platform for the Chrysler 300 and Challenger. Now they at least have the volume across multiple models. I don't see FCA without a full size car in their lineup. But this may be why Marchioni (sic?) wants to force a merger with GM. Which is hilarious because the Government tried to force that back in 2009 and GM rejected it.

So Ford we kind of know. Fiat? A lot going on and too soon to tell.

But the Gen6 introduction likely didn't send anyone scurrying back to the drawing boards because it was the worst kept secret that we would get an LT1 powered Alpha based car.

And styling likely didn't do anything to make Ford or FCA rethink anything. Like it or love it, the only reaction would be if FCA was also working on a car that looked to close. That would cause a reaction/delay. And I doubt that is the case.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #166
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
With the continual delays of new projects at FCA and seemingly lack of focus, some feel the company is being prepped to be sold again...

What I know about Challenger replacement is this. It will start a segment smaller and be flexed up. The car as it's being forcasted will not sit well with the current niche group that make up Challenger owners. More of a cruiser or strip car versus a true competitor to the Camaro and Mustang.

What I have heard is it may be a Fiat based performance platform.

It may very well be a less lighted weighted, Mopar powered version of this.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...ce-specs-news/

The GT350R has proven to be very fast, and quite capable right out of the gate for a new platform.
68fbjjz109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #167
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
After seeing that abortion of a dashboard and steering wheel in the new Camaro......I dont think Ford or Dodge have anything to worry about. That interior just makes me want to hurl......

...and some folks say the current interior in these things are crappy...
Lol
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #168
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Yeah, those carbon fiber wheels scream JC Whitney!
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote