Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #71
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Unfortunatly that happened a year early haha, those new 5.0s are beasts. Speaking of which, the most stubborn muscle car of all, the Mustang, will damn sure still be offering a V8 years from now, so being a proud supporter of all muscle and not just ignorently succumbing to one specific brand i would definatly take a V8 Mustang over a V6 Camaro. One guy before me put it right, a V6 Camaro ceases to be a muscle car and at that point would just be a sports car, which would kill the whole vision, idea, and passion behind the car. It may be hard for some people in the newer generations to understand but the V8 means more to muscle enthusiests than just high horsepower.

Muscle cars cant be compared to normal vehicle standards. They dont want to be the best performance vehicle on the market thats the sports car market. Muscle cars just aim to be the most fun cars you can own, that passion behind the V8, an engine that's bite is as mean as its bark making the car so wild and untameable that you get that sense of danger behind it that you dont get in any other car, and something you definatly cant get with any V6. Muscle cars are in a class of their own, they cant be measured up in normal car standards, normal performance or economy standards dont apply because muscle cars are meant to be that rebellious genre that screams "**** the rules!" and doesnt care about anything but how much pure fun it is to drive, all the other cares thrown to the back of your mind like economy, safety, laws, restrictions, the idea is to forget all the troubles, screw what everyone else thinks and just be yourself. And as long as that idea is preserved im confidant that the V8 will prevail, the day the muscle car succumbs to V6 engines only is the day the muscle car's spirit dies.
i skimmed over this post before, went back and re read it. this is one of the best written statements i've read on this board.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #72
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
they should make a 2cyl hybrid

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #73
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER SS View Post
I dont like the sound of the V8 going away, but lets be honest I cant see them making big v8s 10 years from now Even if not by 2014-2015....I dont think we'll make it to 2020 with out a turbo v6 SS. I wish they could shed some weight & just keep making a v8 SS but I really dont see it.

One last hip hip hooray for the old v8
I hope not. Even if they can still make the same power out of a turbo V6, I still don't trust the long term durability of those engines. I fear history may be repeating itself, and pray that we aren't about to enter another two decades of pi$$ poor reliability like the first time the government convinced itself that it could tell GM how to build their cars better than they could build them themselves.:(
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #74
1SSLOW
1 - 0

Drives: 2010 SS/RS w/ GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I heard it's going to use nuclear fusion. They are just having problems with the flux capacitor. Good news is they called in Doc Brown.

i hope they can keep the v8 and with a lighter chasis, it should make it one hellova fast car.
1SSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #75
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I am sure the future of GMs V8s will be smaller displacement OHC motors.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #76
advanceNconquer
'Cisco

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
i skimmed over this post before, went back and re read it. this is one of the best written statements i've read on this board.
Absolutely ... I've been reading this post for these last two days ... I got to that post and most definitely caught my eye hardcore!

Alain ... So what is it? Camaro or Vette? I didn't see you on Thursday @ BK ... So I assumed Vette.

It's 'Cisco by the way.

If you leave your computer ON 24/7 ... then you might as well help fight cancer, malaria and other diseases. Join me in the struggle, and feel good at the end of the day.
advanceNconquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #77
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer4251 View Post
yep, the same day a factory mustang beats a factory camaro in a race
So it'll be ending in mid May? Oh CRAP.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #78
ROBZ 28

Drives: 07 AVALANCHE,2000 ZX12R,MALIBU
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBZ 28
GREAT IDEA GM. TAKE THE AWESOME SELLING CAR THAT HAS JUST STARTED GETTING OUR FOLLOWERS BACK AND KICK THEM IN THE TEETH BY TAKINGTHE(V8) WHAT MAKES THAT CAR SELL AWAY. THATS FINE IF THEY WANT TO OFFER A 4CYL, JUST ADD IT TO THE OPTIONS. I HAVN'T SEEN THE NUMBERS BUT I BET THE CAMARO IS NOT ONLY OUT SELLING THE MUSTANG BUT THERES A GOOD CHANCE ITS OUT SELLING THE HYUNDAI GENESIS. ONE THING I DO KNOW THE V8 VERSION IS OUT SELLING THE V6. IF ITS GAS SAVINGS WERE FOCUSING ON WHY CAN'T WE WORK ON THAT. GM IS SELLING A 436HP CORVETTE THAT IF YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT, IT WILL GET ALMOST 30MPG ON THE HIGHWAY.
ROBZ 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #79
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 View Post
GREAT IDEA GM. TAKE THE AWESOME SELLING CAR THAT HAS JUST STARTED GETTING OUR FOLLOWERS BACK AND KICK THEM IN THE TEETH BY TAKINGTHE(V8) WHAT MAKES THAT CAR SELL AWAY. THATS FINE IF THEY WANT TO OFFER A 4CYL, JUST ADD IT TO THE OPTIONS. I HAVN'T SEEN THE NUMBERS BUT I BET THE CAMARO IS NOT ONLY OUT SELLING THE MUSTANG BUT THERES A GOOD CHANCE ITS OUT SELLING THE HYUNDAI GENESIS. ONE THING I DO KNOW THE V8 VERSION IS OUT SELLING THE V6. IF ITS GAS SAVINGS WERE FOCUSING ON WHY CAN'T WE WORK ON THAT. GM IS SELLING A 436HP CORVETTE THAT IF YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT, IT WILL GET ALMOST 30MPG ON THE HIGHWAY.
I think if you unlock the caps lock when you type, you'll get 30mpg too, and we'd be able to read better what you're trying to say.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #80
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 View Post
They're not getting rid of the V8. Shut your Caps Lock off.

......once again guys (who still want to believe this)....if you chose to believe what MT has to tell you, then read everything: They say the Alpha platform is being 'protected' for a V8 engine, meaning nobodies taking away anything. It's just getting smaller and lighter.

EDIT: And the Genesis coupe only sold 19k cars last year.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #81
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
No sense in getting worked up about it right now, let's enjoy our cars. Once we get more actual facts then by all means get fired up if you don't like it. This is like saying my life might change one day (for better/worse be it a loss of job or family member etc) there's no sense in stewing over it just take each day for what it's worth! Take some holidays and plan a road trip.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #82
ROBZ 28

Drives: 07 AVALANCHE,2000 ZX12R,MALIBU
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBZ 28
AS FOR THE CAPS MY WORK PROGRAM ONLY RECONIZES CAPS. As for the rest of the point. I just don't think every car needs to be a compact(Ex. dragoneyes cobalt). There are vehicles out there already. In racing lighter is faster, but how many camaros make it to the track. My point is not every customer that walks into a dealership wants the same thing. I was comparing the sales of the V6 car and the Hyundai to make my point. And if its gas miles were talking then I gave the corvette as that example. Let the auto industry sell what the consumers what. THERES PLENTY OF CHOICES OUT THERE. NO ONE NEEDS TO BE JACKS ON HERE. Were all on here for the same love of the vehicle.
ROBZ 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #83
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
The "No More V8" stuff makes me laugh...
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #84
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
The thread from the dead... well all I have to say is if Camaro comes out with a 4 cyl. us v6ers will have someone to bash.
That is all.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote