Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #85
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Oh now that is tight..... I like that....
Old 09-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #86
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I like it, though the 3rd gen is my least favorite model. Automotive-wise, I consider the 80's the "Dark Ages".
This rendering still looks like a 5th Gen with a nose job though. I have to believe the 6th Gen will be more evolved than that. Looking at the new Mustang, Cuda, and several other designs coming into production, GM will be way behind the power curve if they just produce another "refreshed" version of the 5th Gen. I'm not saying I like where they're all going, but change is inevitible...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #87
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
thats sweet
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #88
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
I think this is a step in the right direction. To be honest, the 5th Gens are too big and bulky.
...and I agree with you there to a point, there is heft and size to them, both visually and when driving, But, it's a sturdy platform. And it gives a sense of safety and security due to those reasons. The ride is confident. Upsides and downsides, there are silver linings inside every cloud.....
Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #89
Camaro580hp
Austin

Drives: 1996 Trans Am 1986 Camaro Iroc z28
This is the best one I've seen so far for a 6th gen Camaro.
Camaro580hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #90
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Love the 3rd gen..

<-- See avatar
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #91
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Would like to know how GM defines the demographic target market for Camaro's? Reason I would like to know is that the gen5 is a little retro but a more modern interpretation than current Mustangs (waiting to see what the new Mustangs will look like). I started driving in 1967, so I am old enough to remember what we now call retro was truly unique styling back in the day. Perhaps that is why I like my gen5 Camaro because it will not be mistaken for any other auto on the road, just like back in 1967. Perhaps that is why I am not very fond of the 2014, tail lights just too generic.

These concept style renderings, don't make me stop and look. Front end looks very heavy/massive. I like the gen5 fronts because emphasis is on the horizontal so front looks less massive and wider versus taller.

Already, so very tired of the GM trend to add massive vents on hoods of high preformance Camaro's and the new Corvette. Damn the new Corvette has black vents punched into multiple body panels. Yet I like the knife edge look of the new Corvette, this style caught my eye, and already decided if I have my 3rd middle age breakdown and buy a new Corvette first mod will be to paint all those vents body color.

So very tired of complaints regarding Camaro lackluster visibility. I adjusted within weeks. Only item I would like on my 2011 is the rear view Camera. I have car guy friends with some sweet truely sports cars. One is a Viper. It is wide, you have no clue as to length and width, but damn what a sweet ride. Try driving a new Cadillac 2-door coupe and then talk to me about lackluster visibility!

Others complain the gen5 too heavy. Agree. I also drive a 1998 Riviera, large two-door with very comfortable rear seat and massive trunk. My 2011 2LT is about 86 pounds heavier then the 1998 Riviera. Something wrong with this weight issue.

Wonder about the GM Camaro buyer demographic and would like to know their thinking. Perhaps I am not typical, age mid 60s, can afford to pay cash, the new Corvette made me wet and never even thought about buying a Corvette until now, the concept Cadillac Elmiraj almost brought me to climax like first time I saw the Camaro concept years ago. Camaro gen6, lighter (OK), smaller (I have issues). Less interior space, less trunk capacity, perhaps Chevy will loose me as a repeat customer. Only time will tell until GM gives us more info on next generation Camaro.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #92
Mike 2SS-ZL1

Drives: 89' Camaro IROC-Z28 Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike 2SS-ZL1
I love this idea but hope that's not the final version.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #93
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Nice, I like it. ;o)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #94
MrCool

Drives: '95 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...and I agree with you there to a point, there is heft and size to them, both visually and when driving, But, it's a sturdy platform. And it gives a sense of safety and security due to those reasons. The ride is confident. Upsides and downsides, there are silver linings inside every cloud.....
Yes, I agree with that a lot. Upsides and downsides indeed. Personally, I would prefer if they focused on performance and cost rather than looks. It is one of the reasons why I like the 4th Gens more then the 5th.

Another point to consider is the originality of the design. I find it irritating when (especially Chevrolet) tries to make their design more European looking (like the new Corvette). I don't like European Cars, rather I like American Muscle Cars.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #95
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
I like it, though the 3rd gen is my least favorite model. Automotive-wise, I consider the 80's the "Dark Ages".
This rendering still looks like a 5th Gen with a nose job though. I have to believe the 6th Gen will be more evolved than that. Looking at the new Mustang, Cuda, and several other designs coming into production, GM will be way behind the power curve if they just produce another "refreshed" version of the 5th Gen. I'm not saying I like where they're all going, but change is inevitible...
...they truely were... especially early on to mid decade, in almost all aspects. However, we had some great rock music throughout those years. A silver lining is in every cloud...
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #96
Knight_Rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's nice. I would buy that.
Knight_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #97
masonacdc

Drives: 2LS Inferno Orange "PHOENIX"
I'm liking that shield emblem in the corner too anyone know where we could get that lol

PHOENIX 323HP "LEGENDS NEVER DIE"
masonacdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #98
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I wish I had 4 hands so I could give those renderings 4 thumbs down!!

I also do not like the 3rd gen. And what car manufacturer is going back to the 80's to pull inspirations for new designs???

I feel safe knowing GM wouldnt consider something that bad. Ever. Even if there was a fire.

your not alone in that thought. the 3rd gen is just another crappy hatchback rattletrap from the 80s. hate to say it but the 4th gen isn't much better. the gap between the second and 5th gen Camaros was pretty much filled with something that really only shared a nameplate and not much more..
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote