Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #43
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
You sure its not GMs car and youre just leasing it? Either that or every yr youre throwing away money form trade in to get the current one. Thats a lot a dough you throwing away to keep up with the Jones.'

The MY stands for model years. In response to someone saying there were only 4 model years from 2010-2014 when actually there's 5.

I've owned
1978 - stolen
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Seems like a new one of these threads pops up every month or two when there has already been multiple ones in the past with decent discussion, and then it starts all over again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Miller69 View Post
Ok, starting off its going to be almost impossible to beat the 5 Gen. Camaro in style, performance, and overall period....:
In my opinion they 6th gen will easily surpass the 5th gen in performance....across the board from base to SS to (whatever the top dog will be). They will be cutting around 250 to 300 lbs off, which by itself would be huge. But of course there will be so much more in terms of changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKevin View Post
I think you guys are right for the most part, Chevy will not change the body style drastically with the 6th generation, but it still needs to have some body style differences.

I found these 6th generation pics floating around on the internet. They kind of cue to the 2nd generation Camaro as far as the front fascia, rear circular tail lamps and the more sloped rear window.

What do you think of it? I think it's unique in it's own way. Considering they paid homage to the 1st generation, now they are moving towards the second generation camaro.
No way the 6th gen will look like this. First off retro is dead...although they will have to keep some of the classic Camaro ques in their new model in my opinion. 2nd...that design will not appeal to nearly as many potential buyers as the 5th gen. I for one...would not buy it.

Expect the 6th gen to be based on the Alpha chasis, weigh less (as stated earlier), be slightly smaller. Gonna be hard to surpass the looks of the 5th gen, but it could be done if they go with a design similar to the 5th gen. Otherwise expect something completely new.

As far as engines...about the only one I'd put money on is the new 5.5 (I think it is) Direct Injected V8. Whether the base is a turbo 4 cylinder or a V6 no-one knows.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #45
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
Let's see
MY 2010 - First year
MY 2011 - Second year
MY 2012 - Third year
MY 2013 - Fourth year (current model)
MY 2014 - Fifth year
Sorry I wrote 2014 but was thinking 2013. It was early lol.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote