Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Guessing game - HPS turbo kit.

Lets play a game. I paid for my HPS turbo kit in full 79 days ago. Whoever can guess how many total days it takes HPS to ship my kit wins. Keep in mind when I paid, I was told it would take 3 weeks for delivery.

The winner will get something.
-Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
80 days later and you still have empty pockets? damn...............
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Lets play a game. I paid for my HPS turbo kit in full 79 days ago. Whoever can guess how many total days it takes HPS to ship my kit wins. Keep in mind when I paid, I was told it would take 3 weeks for delivery.

The winner will get something.
-Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Mike,

We understand you are patiently waiting for your kit. You are not the only customer either. We ar doing everything to get the kits ready to ship. We are having a issue with finding another fabricator to help with the overload. However you did call the shop yesterday as well and talked with us and was brought up to date on the situation. You will recieve your kit shortly. We apoligize this is taking so long, however we are making sure everything is perfect. We do not want you to have any issues when you recieve the kit. We actually are test fitting the kit on a engine as well before you get it fo re-assurance on our end you will not have any issues when you install it. I know it is frustrating, however the wait will be worth it. Thanks for being patient and I apoligize for the delay.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
kpwalls06
Cory

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6;
Mike, I understand your frustration, as I'm in the same boat for paid but not received. But well said by Chris that they want to make sure there are absolutely no issues with the kit when it's received by the customer. I know this is frustrating, my forged 418ci stroker is just begging for this kit! But the extra time for a perfect fit is ok with me. And Chris has been kind enough to answer the phone, and my questions, every time I called. So here I sit, waiting as patiently as a kid on Christmas Eve, for the phone call to tell me it's shipped. Hope to hear from you soon Chris!!
kpwalls06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Its not just the waiting. There is another thread in the review section from another member going through the same extremely difficult experience that I have had.

I've been told more than a handful of times that my kit is ready to ship only to not hear anything. Last time was the 6th it would ship. It took 3 pms, two calls, one vm, this thread and 12 days to find out why I didn't get my tracking number that he told me I was getting.
I'm more than frustrated now.

And besides this was just a game to see who could guess the closest amount of days I have to wait.

-Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
I will say that I know for a fact dave is finishing up the kits as we speak and double checking fitment ect.. So they are supposed to be done very soon per Dave. The problem with the kits not shipping out was out of chris's hands ( I have first hand knowledge) and it was bad timing. Chris is a very stand up guy that I have known for years. The shop has grown very fast the last year and has caused some time frame and communication issues which are being taken care of as I type. Mike I know Chris is stressed to the max with the issues of having to much work and getting time frames done and hopefully this will not be a issue in the future.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

He did call me and we talked for a bit about things. I am looking forward to this kit a lot and if it was anything else id call my bank and get my money back.

I just hope I have enough time to install this myself before the fest.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 07-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I will go with July 27th. What can I will?

Hope you get it sooner.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
It would be some what understandable if you were backed up to the point of having problems getting anything done. However, as it stands you have had multiple builds started and out the door since we ordered. Not to mention that even with your supposed backorder you decided to go ahead with building and offering a front mount turbo kit to the V6 crowed and a twin turbo front mount kit to the V8 crowd. How are you going to take on all of these projects when you only have one fabricator??? This would have been nice information to know before you offered your kit to start with.

I am sure that you can see why we are having doubts, too many excuses and not enough results.

And for the record Mike, 92 days to get the next "its going to ship tomorrow". Count it and mail methe prize!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
XCLR8

Drives: 2010 2SS
WOW...Paying the full amount & waiting 79 days.. Sounds like your the one that deserves the prize..
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
iUAE
3bood

Drives: Camaro 2010
wew

Last edited by iUAE; 07-17-2012 at 06:46 PM.
iUAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
It would be some what understandable if you were backed up to the point of having problems getting anything done. However, as it stands you have had multiple builds started and out the door since we ordered. Not to mention that even with your supposed backorder you decided to go ahead with building and offering a front mount turbo kit to the V6 crowed and a twin turbo front mount kit to the V8 crowd. How are you going to take on all of these projects when you only have one fabricator??? This would have been nice information to know before you offered your kit to start with.

I am sure that you can see why we are having doubts, too many excuses and not enough results.

And for the record Mike, 92 days to get the next "its going to ship tomorrow". Count it and mail methe prize!!!!!!

Our fabricator is very talented and very quick, however with the positive response we got from these kits, this got overwhelming for everyone. Yes, we have installed a number of kits in house before you guys that are going to be installing them yourself for a reason. Reason is we want to make sure of the consistancy of the product and to make 150% sure that when you recieve the kit, that it bolts on without issue's. There would be nothing worse than you guys waiting this long for your kit from HPS and then nothing fits properly like other shops have had issues with or not working properly. I know you guys are waiting patiently and that you are very anxious to recieve the kit. Please hang in there as it wont be much longer. Sorry for the inconvience but it will be worth the wait.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
I think that the least you could do at this point is ship them overnight via UPS.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #14
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I think that the least you could do at this point is ship them overnight via UPS.
That's exactly what I said over the phone with Chris the other day.

/Waiting on a couple of small, tiny little pieces.

Sent from my Galaxy Note