Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-24-2019, 10:59 PM   #309
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Just to note I saw a pic of a 6th gen with Ikon fascia that was wrecked pretty hard from the center. Passenger side from about headlight on to fender all looked really intact, so I guess their construction looks pretty decent in that way.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:46 AM   #310
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
New bumper finally installed and the old one finally mounted in my man cave next to my first bumper

Old 06-25-2019, 03:47 AM   #311
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
Just to note I saw a pic of a 6th gen with Ikon fascia that was wrecked pretty hard from the center. Passenger side from about headlight on to fender all looked really intact, so I guess their construction looks pretty decent in that way.
having lifted both the stock bumper and the ikon bumper by myself up a ladder I can say the ikon one is like lifting a baby so i wouldnt trust it to be very good in an accident
Old 06-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #312
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
The stock one has a stiffening bar behind it and built in bellypan. With those removed they are comparable to each other. Ikons or the 6th gen look keeps alot of open air between the bumper and crash bar.

I plan to make a desk out of my stock one.

I stuck with it because I wanted the look, and invested enough not to quit.

I'm excited to see it all painted. ( From hit and run )

I made sacrifices such as not getting a mix of 5th and 6th headlights that had both brow and halo in rgb. I went just 6th gen style. I'm so glad they turned out amazing.

I do not show car so rgb was money I did not want to spend

Pictures do not do this thing justice nor does video. In person amazing.

So aggressive all most too much so.
Front view amazing, 3/4 great. Side meh loses aggression rear meh. ( Quad tails win as Im in 11)

Rims will change the side view and maybe side skirts
A spoiler will change the rear.

As the project goes on certain things change.
At the start I wanted 5th gen ZL1 insert/hood

Im now leaning towards SS hood from 14-15 ( hood lines will match bumper and I like the width.

Bowtie I'm really starting to like the delete or not installed and should I decide to place one on I no longer want it lit. Takes away from the other lights in my opinion.

Maybe just a flowtie.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #313
RalphGuevara
ZeusRS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT|RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
The stock one has a stiffening bar behind it and built in bellypan. With those removed they are comparable to each other. Ikons or the 6th gen look keeps alot of open air between the bumper and crash bar.

I plan to make a desk out of my stock one.

I stuck with it because I wanted the look, and invested enough not to quit.

I'm excited to see it all painted. ( From hit and run )

I made sacrifices such as not getting a mix of 5th and 6th headlights that had both brow and halo in rgb. I went just 6th gen style. I'm so glad they turned out amazing.

I do not show car so rgb was money I did not want to spend

Pictures do not do this thing justice nor does video. In person amazing.

So aggressive all most too much so.

Front view amazing, 3/4 great. Side meh loses aggression rear meh. ( Quad tails win as Im in 11)

Rims will change the side view and maybe side skirts

A spoiler will change the rear.

As the project goes on certain things change.

At the start I wanted 5th gen ZL1 insert/hood

Im now leaning towards SS hood from 14-15 ( hood lines will match bumper and I like the width.

Bowtie I'm really starting to like the delete or not installed and should I decide to place one on I no longer want it lit. Takes away from the other lights in my opinion.

Maybe just a flowtie.

Alright, just because of what you just posted, I’m for sure getting my conversion kit lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RalphGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #314
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuevara View Post
Alright, just because of what you just posted, I’m for sure getting my conversion kit lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll love it.

For me its the headlights but really its the whole package.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #315
TA1979

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Looks great. Nice upgrade
TA1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:56 PM   #316
mbrinker96

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
So Next Gen responded with what they've been told from Ikon. Apparently the first batch had the belly pan and it didn't fit right, so they discontinued it until they fix it. Only took two weeks to get this response too..

I am very interested in how you plan to make one if you can keep us all posted. Does anyone plan to install dive planes on their bumper soon? This is one thing I'm considering but I'm not quite sure yet.
mbrinker96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:21 AM   #317
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrinker96 View Post
So Next Gen responded with what they've been told from Ikon. Apparently the first batch had the belly pan and it didn't fit right, so they discontinued it until they fix it. Only took two weeks to get this response too..

I am very interested in how you plan to make one if you can keep us all posted. Does anyone plan to install dive planes on their bumper soon? This is one thing I'm considering but I'm not quite sure yet.
The belly pan is extremely flexible ..the holes were easy to manipulate to get it to work.stock 6gen dive planes will work with this bumper.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:11 AM   #318
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Without one the alignment gets thrown off. Ikons excuse is horseshit. Discontinue the whole product until you make a proper replacement. I don't have my car as its at the painters but my DIY belly pan is going to take a little time.

I was going to cut one out of plexi but now I am shapimg one out of steel brackets.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:51 PM   #319
Tha Snowman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
About the 2014/15 6th gen lights

Is there a reason why there are two different wiring versions for the headlights? I think most people on here have done the one with the black white and yellow wires hanging out.

So I'm getting ready to make another attempt at the headlight swap, just reordered them. I got a different pair of the signal wire harness (brown one in the picture) from Rgv Shelby. Originally I had the grey one and I believe that is why I could not get the signals to function as the pins do not line up with the inner connectors on the harness.

@Pagliaro Which harness did you use and did you need to tap into anything else besides your fog drls?
Attached Images

Tha Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #320
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Snowman View Post
Is there a reason why there are two different wiring versions for the headlights? I think most people on here have done the one with the black white and yellow wires hanging out.

So I'm getting ready to make another attempt at the headlight swap, just reordered them. I got a different pair of the signal wire harness (brown one in the picture) from Rgv Shelby. Originally I had the grey one and I believe that is why I could not get the signals to function as the pins do not line up with the inner connectors on the harness.

@Pagliaro Which harness did you use and did you need to tap into anything else besides your fog drls?
Mine were made by Jarod from Gen5diy they look closer to the brown one you have. The sockets fit but poorly so I taped it together. Fault of the headlights as they are cheap connectors not the harness side. Also my other end is not anything like yours as they just look to be repeating bulb connectors again where as mine looks like a power connector but my conversion is for RS.

My DRLs in headlight and in bumper are both tied into the ignition fuse as I couldnt use side markers or original fogs. Ignition fuse harness is the only one on my car that does not cause flicker and have my DRLs on when I wanted. I had it in fog fuse before because I thought it was neat when I hit unlock that the drls will light up but then they never worked during daytime which was odd considering it the original fuse for drls. I may see if they can be powered from both sources later.

When Jarod was making my harnesses he mentioned 2 versions and said one was American Made the other Chinese. ( My box was Chinese) I got the version thats in rgv shelbys installation video which is the one we want for this mod. ( crap shoot as the ones in the auction I bought had the different wiring but I was sent the proper ones )

Black yellow and white wiring. No additional wiring sticking out the wiring with grey connector is not on my set )

I am unsure what the real differences are between the 2 but 1 set seems to have more wiring.

My ebay seller for the headlights was amazing.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 06-29-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:46 AM   #321
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

I get my car back tomorrow

Old 07-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #322
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Fender shot

Definately not finished cosmetics

Will want rims. I have 2 sets of rs rims 2011 and 2014 but they are not aggressive enough. ZL1 repros

Hood leaning towards 2014/15 SS hood.

Spoiler

Sideskirts.
Attached Images