Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Spoiler Question

Does anybody else make a spoiler similar to the SLP spoiler that they install on their ZL cars. This spoiler is different than the one that they sell in their website. I called them today and the told me that I'd have to buy the entire ZL package to get it. I perfer this spoiler to the other ones. The NLP spoiler is the closest that I've found, but it's not exactly the same. I may have to go with the NLP spoiler, if I can't find one closer to the SLP.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Look at MPD1. Eric is a member and sponsor on here. His member name is eric-mpd1.com. It lays back more than the ZL but other than that it is pretty close. Here are some pics of mine.
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
i think phasteks 1st gen spoiler looks the best among all the ones on the market...imo

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
you can get the SLP spoiler.two friends of mine just put it on their cars.try LMP.they are a sponser on here.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I ordered the MPD1 spoiler. I think it's the best looking spoiler for the 5th gen that I've seen.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Look at MPD1. Eric is a member and sponsor on here. His member name is eric-mpd1.com. It lays back more than the ZL but other than that it is pretty close. Here are some pics of mine.
That's a good looking spoiler, but it's not what I had in mind. This is the one I'm looking for.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I'm in the same boat you are. The only one I like is on the ZL car. From what I have seen the closest is the NLP. I have not pulled the trigger yet, but I think I would be happy with the look. It's just really hard basing your decision on pictures. I wish I could see it on the car in person.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
you can get the SLP spoiler.two friends of mine just put it on their cars.try LMP.they are a sponser on here.
The SLP spoiler on LMP's website is the same one that's on SLP's website, but it's not the one that they install on their "ZL" cars or ship with their "ZL" kits. The one on their website is wider. I perfer the narrow one. I called them yesterday to get the p/n for the narrow one and they told me that I'd have to buy the entire "ZL" kit to get it. The ZL454 kit starts at $7490 and that's a little steep since all I want is the spoiler. I asked them what would happen if I already had a "ZL" kit and I damaged the spoiler. They said that then they would sell me one. Seems like a heck of a way to do bussiness to me. I was hoping that maybe somebody else besides SLP had that spoiler. The NLP and Carbon Creation ones are the closest ones that I've seen, but they're not exactly the same. I may have to go with one of those if I can't find the SLP one anywhere.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 03-23-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
That spoiler is hard to get a hold of..SLP will not sell it unless you buy there SLP car package. Only way to get one is if a guy with one of the cars upgrades a spolier.

On the other hand Next level Performance ( NLP) makes a spoiler which is very similar to the SLP

Check out the thread here!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=nlp+spoiler
Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #10
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

This is ChevySS's Car with the NLP.....very close to the SLP

Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I'm in the same boat you are. The only one I like is on the ZL car. From what I have seen the closest is the NLP. I have not pulled the trigger yet, but I think I would be happy with the look. It's just really hard basing your decision on pictures. I wish I could see it on the car in person.
I've been on the fence on this spoiler thing for a while. My car dosen't have stripes and I'm planning on having a local shop paint them on and I been planning on doing a spoiler at the same time. I couldn't understand why I liked SLP's spoiler so well when I saw it on ZL cars, but I didn' care much for it on anything else. Then a Local dealer got a ZL454 in and when I looked at the spoiler, it sealed the deal. I knew that was the spoiler I wanted. I went to their website to order it and I realized that the one on the website is not the one that they're using on their cars. So now I've finally settled on a spoiler and they won't sell it to me. Just my Luck! The only other one I really like is the GM one on the ZL1, but it'll probably be over a year before it's available, if then. I wish somebody would come out with an aftermarket version of that one.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 03-23-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
That spoiler is hard to get a hold of..SLP will not sell it unless you buy there SLP car package. Only way to get one is if a guy with one of the cars upgrades a spolier.

On the other hand Next level Performance ( NLP) makes a spoiler which is very similar to the SLP

Check out the thread here!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=nlp+spoiler
Thanks for the link. I may just go with the NLP one. I like it better after I saw it with stripes painted on it. That's the way I want my stripes done, except my car is RJT and I want white stripes. I think the thing that got me fired up, was the fact that they wouldn't sell it to me....made me want it more.......Kinda like chasing women.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
Thanks for the link. I may just go with the NLP one. I like it better after I saw it with stripes painted on it. That's the way I want my stripes done, except my car is RJT and I want white stripes. I think the thing that got me fired up, was the fact that they wouldn't sell it to me....made me want it more.......Kinda like chasing women.
haha no problem man, thats what we are all here for! I was the same as you i loved the slp spoiler, didnt care for the mpd1 due to going over the trunk lines

If you dont feel like spending the money on painted stripes there are companies on here that will make you a vinyl entenstion piece to wrap over the spoiler.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #14
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
haha no problem man, thats what we are all here for! I was the same as you i loved the slp spoiler, didnt care for the mpd1 due to going over the trunk lines

If you dont feel like spending the money on painted stripes there are companies on here that will make you a vinyl entenstion piece to wrap over the spoiler.
Thanks for all the help. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the NLP one. I also ordered a Heritage Grille from GM Parts Direct. Painted stripes are no problem for me. I've got a good buddy who runs a body shop just down the street from my house. He does excellent work and he is very reasonable on prices. He does all my work for me. He painted my 69 SS black w/white stripes and it's show quality. He painted my 87 IROC burgandy and it looks better than it did when it was new. I've been trying to get him to paint my 73 Z/28, but he's been dragging his feet on that project. I don't think I'll have any problem getting him to do a grille, spoiler and stripes though.