Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #15
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
NPP & MRC are BOTH very good. I feel that the MRC IS worth EVERY CENT!!!! Drive both back to back and You will become a Believer!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #16
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I passed on the MRC. Never think twice about it.
NPP is nice.....if you get a good one.
Lots of exhuast options now.
Springs are coming out and soon there will ne coil overs.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #17
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I test drove a non-MRC SS and bought the MRC for my SS. The non-MRC SS had a hasher ride than my 2010 1LT camaro that had 19" wheels and all season tires. My new 1SS with MRC has a softer more comfortable ride than my 2010 1LT, but it also performs a bazillion times better as well.

I also think there is an apsect to MRC that some folks are not undertanding/appreciating. Suppose you modified your suspension to be very performance capable. That usually means a stiff harsh ride, but you can corner without any body pitch, yaw, or roll. But if you have ever driven a car like this with high speed through a turn and hit a bump, you it will normally upset the car quite a bit. The body throws a fit, and the car jumps around the road, because the suspension can't handle bumps.

On the MRC equipped Camaro, you can throw this thing into a turn at high speed, and as suspected, there is no body roll, pitch, or yaw, but when you hit a bump, it just eats it up like it was nothing. It totally doesn't upset the car one bit, because the MRC comptuer can tell the difference between suspension input caused by driver input or road input and adjust automatically 1000 times per second, on each wheel individually.

No, it's not going to feel like you are drving a greyhound bus when in tour mode, but it's not supposed to. It is a softer more comfortable ride than the 5th Gen LT, and much softer than the non-MRC 6th gen. But more importantly, when you are performance driving, and the road is not perfect, who cares?? The car will perform in a way that no non-MRC can replicate. Even on a road course, you are supposed to hit the curbs. The MRC equipped cars eat those curbs for breakfast and still stay more planted than the non-MRC cars.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #18
Blue's SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, for go, not show.
I really thought about getting MRC but I drove both MRC and non-MRC SS's and felt they were close enough that I wouldn't miss MRC as much as I thought I would...ESPECIALLY when it comes time to replace to them at all 4 corners. I might be wrong but from what I've read they are very expense to replace. But that's just my 2 cents.

Camaro/Firebird fan since 1977!
Previous rides: 1965 Pontiac GTO, 1977 Trans Am Special Ed. "Bandit", 1996 Camaro 3.8, 2002 Camaro Z28, 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Spring Special Edition
Current ride: "SOUTHERNCROSS" - 2017 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic/Jet Black w/BO4 56V RZ9 NPP SFE SH1 VW9 W2D
"And no BS! It's (the 1SS) everything you need and nothing you don't." -Craig Cole on the 1SS vs 2SS
"Reach above your dreams of pleasure, giving life to those who died. Look beyond your own horizons, sail the ship of signs." -RJD 'The Sign of the Southern Cross'
Blue's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #19
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I'm going to be lowering the car anyways so MRC not that critical since the ride will be a bit harsher with all aftermarket springs.

NPP, bright silver spoke rims is all I need since I'm probably not going to change the rims. It looks elegant, nice and sophisticated
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:36 PM   #20
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's SS View Post
I really thought about getting MRC but I drove both MRC and non-MRC SS's and felt they were close enough that I wouldn't miss MRC as much as I thought I would...ESPECIALLY when it comes time to replace to them at all 4 corners. I might be wrong but from what I've read they are very expense to replace. But that's just my 2 cents.
Usually new technology gets significantly cheaper once it gets into the Chevy as far as GM is concerned. Right now I see the front struts as being $384 a piece for the front. Much cheaper than before. Here is a link:

http://www.newgmparts.com/auto-parts...uspension-scat
Old 06-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #21
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I test drove a non-MRC SS and bought the MRC for my SS. The non-MRC SS had a hasher ride than my 2010 1LT camaro that had 19" wheels and all season tires. My new 1SS with MRC has a softer more comfortable ride than my 2010 1LT, but it also performs a bazillion times better as well.

I also think there is an apsect to MRC that some folks are not undertanding/appreciating. Suppose you modified your suspension to be very performance capable. That usually means a stiff harsh ride, but you can corner without any body pitch, yaw, or roll. But if you have ever driven a car like this with high speed through a turn and hit a bump, you it will normally upset the car quite a bit. The body throws a fit, and the car jumps around the road, because the suspension can't handle bumps.

On the MRC equipped Camaro, you can throw this thing into a turn at high speed, and as suspected, there is no body roll, pitch, or yaw, but when you hit a bump, it just eats it up like it was nothing. It totally doesn't upset the car one bit, because the MRC comptuer can tell the difference between suspension input caused by driver input or road input and adjust automatically 1000 times per second, on each wheel individually.

No, it's not going to feel like you are drving a greyhound bus when in tour mode, but it's not supposed to. It is a softer more comfortable ride than the 5th Gen LT, and much softer than the non-MRC 6th gen. But more importantly, when you are performance driving, and the road is not perfect, who cares?? The car will perform in a way that no non-MRC can replicate. Even on a road course, you are supposed to hit the curbs. The MRC equipped cars eat those curbs for breakfast and still stay more planted than the non-MRC cars.
MRC also allows you to adjust the damping to the conditions. Feeling sporty or hitting the track? Select SPORT or TRACK modes. The damping and steering feel change. Just tooling along and the road is rough? Go to TOURING mode for a smoother ride.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #22
77Z85

Drives: 2013 RY SS Conv.
Dual-mode!
77Z85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #23
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryMan View Post
BTW track mode is the loudest. You can go into the settings and leave on Track for the exhaust if you want but still drive in Sport suspension, Touring suspension, or Snow/Ice Modes. Basically you can mix exhaust options with the driving options....to answer your question though, touring would be the "default" mode if there is one.
I was curious about this. What makes it louder than 'sport'
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #24
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
I was curious about this. What makes it louder than 'sport'
It's not louder than sport, the bypass valves (that bypass the muffler, and make the sound louder) are open all the time in track mode. Under Tour or Sport, the computer opens the valves when you punch it, and closes the valves under normal driving. The difference between Tour and Sport is that the comptuer is more agressive with opening the valves in Sport than Tour. Under Snow/Ice mode, the valves are always closed (also called stealth mode).

So as you can see, there are only two volume levels. It's quiet (relatively) when the valves are closed, and loud (reletively) when the valves are open. The modes adjust when/how the valves open and close.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #25
Blue's SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Usually new technology gets significantly cheaper once it gets into the Chevy as far as GM is concerned. Right now I see the front struts as being $384 a piece for the front. Much cheaper than before. Here is a link:

http://www.newgmparts.com/auto-parts...uspension-scat
Let's hope that stays true for MRC strut replacement. I think you just convinced me to go ahead and get MRC.

Previous rides: 1965 Pontiac GTO, 1977 Trans Am Special Ed. "Bandit", 1996 Camaro 3.8, 2002 Camaro Z28, 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Spring Special Edition
Current ride: "SOUTHERNCROSS" - 2017 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic/Jet Black w/BO4 56V RZ9 NPP SFE SH1 VW9 W2D
"And no BS! It's (the 1SS) everything you need and nothing you don't." -Craig Cole on the 1SS vs 2SS
"Reach above your dreams of pleasure, giving life to those who died. Look beyond your own horizons, sail the ship of signs." -RJD 'The Sign of the Southern Cross'
Old 06-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #26
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's SS View Post
Let's hope that stays true for MRC strut replacement. I think you just convinced me to go ahead and get MRC.
I looked up the rear and they are even cheaper at $263 a piece. Thats a total of $1262 for a set of four. If I remember correctly, they used to be more than that for just one back when they came out. I thought they would be like $1000 a piece.

Here is the link for the rear: http://www.gmpartsoutlet.net/auto-pa...uspension-scat

BUT, the regular struts are much cheaper at around $95 a piece for about $375 or so for the set of four. It is significantly cheaper, but the MRC is not outrageous anymore. At least when you are buying them for a chevy.

Chevy also sells a lowering kit for MRC equipped cars as well.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #27
Blue's SS

Yeah, at this point I think I'd rather have it betting on the costs coming down exponentially by the time they need replacing. This was the one option that I've been bouncing between yes or no. I'd rather pay for it now rather than wished I'd had it later.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #28
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Arrow

NPP, Heads Up Display, Leather/Memory Seats and surprisingly for me, the blind spot monitoring really helps a lot! I'm very happy with the stock suspension, and long term will be cheaper to maintain and look forward to lowering!

Somewhatdamaged
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote