Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #99
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I doubt the cars will become more retro...they're all leaning towards futuristic looks again with the idea of retro and futuristic curvy styling
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #100
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Not worried. Our 5th gens will be just as attractive as they are now when the 6th gens come out.

Name:  night.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  51.4 KB
Old 06-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #101
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I just want the C7 Stingray and the 10-13 Camaro have a baby. That baby will be the 6th gen Camaro...and look sexy.
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #102
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Its easy,... gen5 has been by far the best advancement in Camero history.

Gen6 has big shoes to fill, and I dont think caddy platforms will do it easily.
I cringed.. I thought we would all know its "Camaro" here.

On Topic, i'm hoping for a big retro feel for the next gen, as others have said here.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #103
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
My Gen 5 won't be paid off by 2016, and by then I will get nothing on a trade in. Looks like I better start saving now.
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #104
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I'm 100% down to trade (upgrade) from my 2013 ss ls3. Thankfully I got a killer deal (brand new) a few months ago and paid cash for it. Im modding mine and get to enjoy it until the 16 my debuts, the lt1 is enough to make me jump. Hpoefully gm gives us the 7 speed manual as well =). That is just icing on the cake baby! I love the 2010-2013 camaro styling, I like the 14/15 but not a huge fan.

As mentioned previously the gen 5 has been around for 5 years now and unfortunately getting a bit stale. It will always hold a place in my heart and I love the compliments the car gets nearly daily but yeah ready for change. Nobody will know soon (unless they have sources) what the gen 6 will truly look like, I am very doubtful tho with the lt1 plant under the hood it will be a dud.

Very anxious and yes I will probably be one of the first to ditch my 5th gen for one (depending on price, demand,and availability) . I am pretty sure gm is not going to disappoint.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #105
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
The Mustang has been around since 2005 in one form or another . So that is 10 years . The Camaro only 6 years . I don't think the 16 will do a drastic change cause it is such a great design . New platform with a modest change is my bet.
You know when you park a 2013 next to a 1969 the 2013 is only a few inches longer. It sits a lot higher which makes it look bigger. If the 2016 can just sit a little lower and lose a few pounds that would please a lot of people and help performance .
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #106
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I'm excited and want a new one but won't buy another 2SS until theres a reason to get one ie. different car.

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #107
notmidlife

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
I think the "big 3" did a great job with the retro styling to revive the 2 door coupe. With the Camaro being out of production so long, I think they wanted to guarantee sales by attracting us older guys to the model ( which worked ) and hoped the younger guys would also buy in. It worked, as many of you on here are proof. Aside from the dead sexy looks of the 5th gen, sales were driven by many like me that just wanted a new Camaro because of the absence from the market. I bought a S/C SS Cobalt in 05 but would have purchased a Camaro if available ( Chevy guy that just couldn't pull the trigger on a Stang).

The 6th Gen will probably be marketed to those that have not owned or thought of owning a Camaro....younger people. Attracting those looking to upgrade from their Honda,Hyundai etc. Way to many of us old guys driving these and let's face it.......this is not a cane friendly car.
If the brand/model is going to survive, it has to appeal to a broader audience IE a more global platform. I remember being horrified in 1979 when most of the cars shrunk and front wheel drive took over, at least power was on its' way back. Platform change usually means wholesale change in the looks department. Change does mean survival ! I look forward to the new one, might get one if it looks good. If not, my 14 will last for a while.

Just my option, not looking to make trouble with any age demographic. Sorry for the long post, just glad that there is going to BE a 6th gen.
notmidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #108
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmidlife View Post
I think the "big 3" did a great job with the retro styling to revive the 2 door coupe. With the Camaro being out of production so long, I think they wanted to guarantee sales by attracting us older guys to the model ( which worked ) and hoped the younger guys would also buy in. It worked, as many of you on here are proof. Aside from the dead sexy looks of the 5th gen, sales were driven by many like me that just wanted a new Camaro because of the absence from the market. I bought a S/C SS Cobalt in 05 but would have purchased a Camaro if available ( Chevy guy that just couldn't pull the trigger on a Stang).

The 6th Gen will probably be marketed to those that have not owned or thought of owning a Camaro....younger people. Attracting those looking to upgrade from their Honda,Hyundai etc. Way to many of us old guys driving these and let's face it.......this is not a cane friendly car.
If the brand/model is going to survive, it has to appeal to a broader audience IE a more global platform. I remember being horrified in 1979 when most of the cars shrunk and front wheel drive took over, at least power was on its' way back. Platform change usually means wholesale change in the looks department. Change does mean survival ! I look forward to the new one, might get one if it looks good. If not, my 14 will last for a while.

Just my option, not looking to make trouble with any age demographic. Sorry for the long post, just glad that there is going to BE a 6th gen.
The one thing I hope that changes for the 16' is front visibility. I hope that they make it a little bit easier to see. The alpha platform will help in handling and fuel economy for sure with a 250lbs - 300lbs weight reduction. The exterior should be close to the current one which is a good thing in my opinion. But I heard the interior will be all new.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #109
redsled

Drives: 2013 ss/1le
The body shop tooling for the new ATS was built last year so if the new Camaro runs down the same line GM is already building.
redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #110
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
With the exception of the Gen 1 they usually go about 10 years so this is a little early. Remember that means if they screw up the Gen 6 there will be fewer of the Gen 5 around. 4 or 5 years down the road they will start to disappear.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #111
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsled View Post
The body shop tooling for the new ATS was built last year so if the new Camaro runs down the same line GM is already building.
What about CTS tooling? IMO, they will put Camaro on CTS platform.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #112
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
With the exception of the Gen 1 they usually go about 10 years so this is a little early. Remember that means if they screw up the Gen 6 there will be fewer of the Gen 5 around. 4 or 5 years down the road they will start to disappear.
10 years between body styles is a great way to murder a nameplate.